Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Northampton at Home postponed to Tues 23rd Jan 7:45pm due to international call-ups

2»

Comments

• edited November 2023
    And yet we will ‘rest’ players for Cup games. 
  • edited November 2023
    After the 3-0 defeat at Swindon back in 2016, you don’t want to make the same mistake again
  • So annoying, just causes fixture congestion and isn't fair on the fans, undoubtedly will impact Northamptons attendance figures.

For selfish reasons it also winds me up as I have that Saturday off and planned for it, no guarantees I'll have the Tuesday off for it. 
    I guess the club would lose a chunk of income because the crowd will be much lower for a Tuesday fixture. I don’t suppose they’d get compensation?
  • Why would anyone want us to play a game with a weakened team?

one international call up should result on a postponement. If AMB was our only call up, why should we be forced to go into a game with our third choice keeper being the only option?

as I've said before, all football league games should now be called off now

even national league games are affected now with players going off to play in the Caribbean. 
  • If Maynard-Brewer, Thomas and Hector are called up our defence is totally butchered. As said on thread, add to this the high probability at least 1 other defender will be injured/suspended then I don't think we have much of a choice. Presumably defence will be an area we strengthen in January though 🙏
  • edited November 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    So annoying, just causes fixture congestion and isn't fair on the fans, undoubtedly will impact Northamptons attendance figures.

For selfish reasons it also winds me up as I have that Saturday off and planned for it, no guarantees I'll have the Tuesday off for it. 
    I guess the club would lose a chunk of income because the crowd will be much lower for a Tuesday fixture. I don’t suppose they’d get compensation?
    Well it's that and it's the inconvenience for fans, I know a fair few people who can't go other than weekends or have to book time off, I know it now means myself and my 2 cousins will struggle, one of my neighbours and his lad will as well. Then you account in all the Northampton fans who will need time off work to go to this, it's a complete kick in the teeth for fans and I don't agree with it. 

We typically miss most Tuesdays as a group because I work in Central London and can't take them to the game, so when this happens home or away I can't stand it.

Why would anyone want us to play a game with a weakened team?

one international call up should result on a postponement. If AMB was our only call up, why should we be forced to go into a game with our third choice keeper being the only option?

even national league games are affected now with players going off to play in the Caribbean. 
    Because it's that or not being able to go for some fans. Especially as it's against Northampton who are bang out of form and just lost at home in the cup, more or less full strength against Barrow.

Think it's poor on the fans mainly though, harder for parents to bring their kids and harder for people who work 9-5s to attend.

I do agree with you, although I do not know how many weekends that would be in a season.
    I imagine clubs would contest it as usually there would be a drop in the attendance midweek compared to a Saturday.
    For away supporters the cancellation of these games is not satisfactory as many would have made travel plans and have spent money that is wasted.

I do agree with you, although I do not know how many weekends that would be in a season.
    I imagine clubs would contest it as usually there would be a drop in the attendance midweek compared to a Saturday.
    For away supporters the cancellation of these games is not satisfactory as many would have made travel plans and have spent money that is wasted.
    Why are championship games called off?

Maybe the club should look at giving free Charlton tv passes to season ticket holders who can't attend rearranged games?

im still of the opinion that if one player gets called up then the game is off. Why should teams play without first team regulars, giving the other team an advantage.

I pay to watch Charlton compete and would rather watch a stronger charlton team play on a Tuesday than a weaker team on a Saturday.
  • Completely changed my stance on this. Call off the correct decision. I underestimated how bad our recruitment is, again and that new keeper isn't even close to Ash.

Another complete dud of a signing who couldn't even look comfortable against amateurs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• For those hopeful of us progressing in the cup, the Port Vale away game on 6 Jan is scheduled for 3rd round day. So if we can scrape past Cray and then beat Gillingham that'll be moved to midweek as well. Same for Blackpool (4th round day) if we perform miracles and get even further.

I doubt it's going to affect thousands (or potentially anyone given our cup record) but worth noting for those who get early train tickets.
  • Just the date makes it sound like it’s already a 2-1 win for Northampton.
  • For those hopeful of us progressing in the cup, the Port Vale away game on 6 Jan is scheduled for 3rd round day. So if we can scrape past Cray and then beat Gillingham that'll be moved to midweek as well. Same for Blackpool (4th round day) if we perform miracles and get even further.

I doubt it's going to affect thousands (or potentially anyone given our cup record) but worth noting for those who get early train tickets.
    Magnificent. 

12:32pm on the 7th November, while we're still trying to progress from the first round of the FA Cup and we're posting about booking trains next year, on what might be the date of a 4th round FA Cup match.  

Peak Charlton. 

Chris, I salute you. 

Burslem on a Tuesday night, oh joy :'(

Burslem on a Tuesday night, oh joy :'(
    I met a girl from Burslem when holidaying in Cornwall when I was 18. Vicar's daughter she was...😉. Met up with her a couple of years later when my mate went to Keele Uni. The only good thing that came out of meeting her was that I was introduced to Spanish Train by Chris De Burgh.