Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Wigan Athletic Vs Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 31st October 2023 : KO 7:45PM

Comments

• Campbell gets caught in possession but Wigan can't make much of it, and Hector blocks to concede a throw.
  • SDAddick said:
    TWatson staying down after a challenge with Clare and Scott. Home fans not best pleased by the tactics.
    It was a good tactic though. Took the sting out of the game and allowed us to catch our breath.
    Can we NOT call him twatson?
    Sure, but I didn't. Plus, I'm American, that word doesn't mean anything over here. I assume it's some quaint Britishism like "tea and crumpets" or "House of Lords." Completely meaningless to me.
  • Oxford winning 0-2
  • Good work from Asiimwe
  • Ooh nice work down the left between L Watson and CBT but his shot is blocked
  • Fourth Wigan sub.

Jones off, McManaman on
  • ross1 said:
    Oxford winning 0-2
    Wait, you're telling me Lincoln aren't world class?
  • Another Wigan sub
  • You lot have got to be the most inconsistent team on the planet 
    Bouncebackability
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Oxford winning 0-2
    Wait, you're telling me Lincoln aren't world class?
    Only when they play us
  • Nice bit of Dobbo harrying in their half forces them back to the keeper.
  • SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    TWatson staying down after a challenge with Clare and Scott. Home fans not best pleased by the tactics.
    It was a good tactic though. Took the sting out of the game and allowed us to catch our breath.
    Sure, but I didn't. Plus, I'm American, that word doesn't mean anything over here. I assume it's some quaint Britishism like "tea and crumpets" or "House of Lords." Completely meaningless to me.
    That's even funnier.  I told my dad I didn't know what "twat" meant when I said it to my sister.  But I was 7.
  • Wigan down our left but cleared by a good run across by Jones as Hector's a bit out of position.
  • edited October 2023
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    That's even funnier.  I told my dad I didn't know what "twat" meant when I said it to my sister.  But I was 7.
    Sorry to let you down, but people over here would definitely know what it meant, it just isn't used very commonly.

Also, you gave a sibling one of the best memories they can have: the time when the little asks them about a swear word
  • edited October 2023
    Ad break on ssn. Time for another goal.
  • Listening to Peter Shirtliff is good. Sounds like a fan when someone does decent things with a "well done lad" or something. And offers decent analysis aswell! 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Denied a fourth by Mr Tickle’s extraordinarily long arms.
    New mr tickle 53 repositionable wall stickers little miss men endless tickling

Managed to get this footage of the save.

Here he is in action along with Aneke, May and Adkins. 
    Brilliant.  
  • edited October 2023
    Humphrys through the middle, plays it wide to McManaman who beats Tennai for pace and his ball to the back post is volleyed onto the bar and over by Aasgaard
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky on a break so I'm expecting a goal
  • I expected McManaman to have had a much better career than he's had.
  • Little bit of a warning sign from Asgard
  • Phew! Wigan came down the middle and the combine afforts and Dobbo and Watson didn't close down, then crossed from the right and the header just went over bar possibly hitting the crossbar on the way.
  • Surprised Magennis hasn't been use by them .. yet
  • Leaburn taken out by their no. 6. Seems to be ok, back on his feet. Free kick to Charlton 35 yards from goal.
  • Erk, Leaburn gets taken out while he's on the floor and we get a free kick midway in their half.

• 66' Chance for Wigan  Aasgaard turns McManaman's cross onto the top of the crossbar.
  • Great tactics - I was so worried we were just going to sit back as usual.
  • Wigan clear, and send it down our left, and they cross it into our area but there's only Charlton players in our area :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!