Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers | Saturday 28th October 2023 @ 3pm

13»

Comments

• Feeling similar vibes to the early part of Johnnie Jackson's reign when we went on a bad run after an encouraging first few games. Appleton can't afford to let history repeat itself or our season will be over in a blink.
  • I can’t see anything other than a Bolton win, altho I’d love to be wrong. For as far back as I can remember, Bolton have always been our bogey team - apart from the “winner takes all” last game of the 82/83 season
  • No Chem Campbell, and less of a surprise but no Abankwah or Anderson as well today.
  • Think Abankwah will never been seen in the squad again and go back in January. Far too inexperienced and not what we need at the moment. Wonder what's up with Campbell, can't remember him taking a knock on Tuesday.
  • Think Abankwah will never been seen in the squad again and go back in January. Far too inexperienced and not what we need at the moment. Wonder what's up with Campbell, can't remember him taking a knock on Tuesday.
    Feel for Abankwah as he’s clearly highly thought of and is a centre back. Might see him in the cup next weekend? Chem might just be out of favour, maybe Edun could be back? Seems a bit early for that but we’ll see.
  • edited October 2023
    I don’t think Edun is in the squad either. So no Isted, McGrandles, Edun, Taylor, Anderson, Abankwah, and C.Campbell
  • Chem is a decent player. Surprised to see him so far away from the 1st team. 

What a waste of time his signing appears to be. Needed a bit of an old head at the back and we go the complete opposite direction. Must be showing little in training if he can't even challenge this god awful defence. 
  • Suprised it's 9 years since we beat them, but I seem to remember Yann and Ricky Fuller seeing them off so it's about right.

FWIW I don't think any game in this division is a write-off, although this one will be harder than most, I think we'll see a reaction.

1-1
  • Suprised it's 9 years since we beat them, but I seem to remember Yann and Ricky Fuller seeing them off so it's about right.

FWIW I don't think any game in this division is a write-off, although this one will be harder than most, I think we'll see a reaction.

1-1
    Bauer and Byrne scored in a 2-1 win in 2017 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Think Abankwah will never been seen in the squad again and go back in January. Far too inexperienced and not what we need at the moment. Wonder what's up with Campbell, can't remember him taking a knock on Tuesday.
    What a waste of time his signing appears to be. Needed a bit of an old head at the back and we go the complete opposite direction. Must be showing little in training if he can't even challenge this god awful defence. 
    Doesn't he have the same agent as someone else we signed in that window? Doubt anyone from Charlton had even heard of him, let alone seen him play
  • Croydon said:
    Talal said:
    Think Abankwah will never been seen in the squad again and go back in January. Far too inexperienced and not what we need at the moment. Wonder what's up with Campbell, can't remember him taking a knock on Tuesday.
    Doesn't he have the same agent as someone else we signed in that window? Doubt anyone from Charlton had even heard of him, let alone seen him play
    Yeah, Terry Taylor I think. 
  • Wow... Charlie Kirk on the bench ahead of Chem Campbell

The latter must really be out of favour
  • That starting line up is looking to be thumped.
    For one thing this Bolton side are not small and are physical. 
  • Match thread up..
  •  Amazed we held it to two nil down.
    The midfield has been totally taken over by Bolton.
  • Three tough games coming up against Bolton, Wigan & Pompey.

Be good to see if the squad can stand up to the challenge that lies ahead. 5 points or more from these 3 would be a good achievement.
    Confident of two wins and a draw from those three, and the draw will probably end up being Wigan...
    Try LOL'ing when the post is put up, not during a match, or was  it a bit of a test...
  • Just seen that we are favourites with the bookies to win today, which surprises me a lot given our defence.

What am i missing? Do they have a few injuries?
    Yep we’re a lay , Bolton a back
    bolton - Pompey double buying money
    Hope you all got on it , had mates moaning at me when Pompey two down …. Pricks