Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH PREVIEW: Charlton Athletic vs Bolton Wanderers | Saturday 28th October 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• No way we lose to a small northern team somewhere near Manchester.  
    3-0 Charlton, everyone complaining it could have been more.
  • Just seen Apples interview
    I think he is very realistic about where we are and what we aspire to be - short term
    Tomorrow will be a good test of where we currently are.Last season IMO they were the best team at the Valley
    Shame about Chucks but we still have enough in squad to be top 6 - we shall see
    COYR
  • Back to back defeats 

1-3 Bolton 
  • Reckon we’ll have a good go at them.
    Appleton was mightily pissed off Tuesday so will hopefully demand a fast start. Whether we can maintain it and keep them out the other end, I don’t know.
    Don’t think we’re the full ticket yet. Better than last season but still not top 6 material. 
  • Tedic truly second rate striker and like our other premiership loan striker Campbell will not help Charlton. Wish we could play are own players as this would be better for Charlton in the long run.
    As for tomorrow see only a heavy defeat 0-4 and then on to Wigan that highlight of the North.
  • Based upon Tuesday 5-0 to Bolton
  • edited October 2023
    I want a goalfest, unfortunately I think we don’t have enough in us ( so want to be proved wrong) it will be for Bolton, our defence is way too leaky.

I will be suitably impressed by Micky Apples if we can get 3 points out of Bolton
  • It seems a lot longer than 9 years since we beat Bolton at the Valley? And when you think they went down to L2 in that time aa well? This really will test us?  Even a draw would be good to me? But Tues seemed worrying. Our defence? Their third goal? 2-0 to Bolton.
    Good team Bolton? Lincoln was a one off? Big match against strong opposition? Could be celebrating Saturday 5pm? What?
  • Attack attack attack.
  • I want a goalfest, unfortunately I think we don’t have enough in us ( so want to be proved wrong) it will be for Bolton, our defence is way too leaky.

I will be suitably impressed by Micky Apples if we can get 3 points out of Bolton
    If we win this I will accept that he is Jesus Christ Almighty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do I have some kind of deadline to buy a ticket today? Or am I already into Meire-tax territory? 
  • edited October 2023
    Tedic truly second rate striker and like our other premiership loan striker Campbell will not help Charlton. Wish we could play are own players as this would be better for Charlton in the long run.
    As for tomorrow see only a heavy defeat 0-4 and then on to Wigan that highlight of the North.
    Agree with you on Tedic. I personally would play May up front with Camara in the 10 role rather than Tedic up front & May out of position 

Dont agree with your view on loan signings though. In my view good loans are one of the best opportunities we have to bring in the quality needed to get out of this league (as Cullen & Bielek etc did for us in 2019)
  • 0-4 and the real moaning begins, with Appleton getting to see the real Charlton.
  • Looking forward to the game seems ages since I have been 
    We need to get our A game back after our last game & get a win today 
    Going for a good 3-1 win for the mighty 
    CAFC COYR  B)

• Brother's birthday means family pilgrimage to the Valley today.

We need three in midfield. Or three at  the back. 

• If we play the way we played last week for 60mins and on Tuesday for the whole game this will be a heavy defeat. If we pull our finger out we might give them a decent run. 1-2. 
  • After all the rain I wonder if this will get played...pissing down here in Hythe, hopefully sunny in South London :)

• I fear another defeat is on the cards but will take a draw all day long. I think we will go 2 down and bring it back to 2-2.
  • Attack attack attack.

That's exactly what Bolton did when winning 4-1 at the Valley when they went for the Jugular under Nigel Adkins tenure and they were excellent when winning 2-1 again last season in SE London.

The good news for CAFC is I have gone for another win for Ian Evatt's team and I can't tip my hat this season !
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen that we are favourites with the bookies to win today, which surprises me a lot given our defence.

What am i missing? Do they have a few injuries?
  • So Thomas is our only option at left back? 

Is Ness injured? 
  • edited October 2023
    Be nice to see Watson, Dobson and Fraser all start in the midfield. May might have to swap every now and then with Fraser on the wing during the game. 
  • Just seen that we are favourites with the bookies to win today, which surprises me a lot given our defence.

What am i missing? Do they have a few injuries?
    Yep we’re a lay , Bolton a back
    bolton - Pompey double buying money
  • Bolton have been excellent at the valley over the last two seasons and we will have to play well to get a point.
    They will attack in numbers so we will need to be sharp in transition.

I so want to be wrong but it looks like an away win 😲
  • One home win v Bolton in 10 years .. they love the valley but they also get a lot of luck against us like last season in both games very poor ref decisions went there way that changed the course of the game . 
  • So Thomas is our only option at left back? 

Is Ness injured? 
    Edun back fit … 
  • Hoping as always for a good performance and three points. Defence is too fragile and doesn't instill confidence at all. Bolton seem a decent attacking team so expecting the worst. COYRs!!
  • Fearing the worst.
    Was Appleton being realistic or defeatist?
    It is 11v11, there is always a chance Michael.