Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Walker signs - short term keeper cover til Jan 2024

Comments

• Options
    Can't say I've heard of him before but a contract till January seems sensible enough. If he does well enough we can give him something longer, if not we sign another option.
  • Options
    Bod standard league 2 fodder, willing to give a chance in the cup, guessing this means bad news for Isted.
  • Options
    At 6' 6" he passes the CL height test
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Very thoughtful looking head tilt as he's putting pen to paper.

Can't work out whether he's overjoyed or thinking wtf am I about to do..
  • Options
    Welcome Sam, whoever you are.
  • Options
    Bod standard league 2 fodder, willing to give a chance in the cup, guessing this means bad news for Isted.

I think you'll find that it's because of Isted's injury that Sam Walker has come in for cover for AMB; who was being kept out the team by Isted.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Sam Walker is 32 and have gloves will travel and the Journeyman keeper born in Gravesend, has played most of his games for Colchester with 200 apps, in his total of 300+ apps.
  • Options
    Why does he need international clearance?From Costa del Gravesend.
  • Options
    Why does he need international clearance?From Costa del Gravesend.
    Last registered as a player in Scotland 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last I saw was 4-6 weeks for Isted, but that was a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like he's out until mid-November at least. Sensible to sign a backup ad Molyneux is 18 and I suspect that if he was considered ready he would have been given time in the pizza game.

Sensible work. Hopefully we won't need him and he becomes a fun trivia answer with Jed Steer and Maxwell whose first name I've forgotten 
  • Options
    Presume it would have either been an emergency loan or signing like this.

AMB will need somebody senior to train with, else standards likely to slip.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Last I saw was 4-6 weeks for Isted, but that was a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like he's out until mid-November at least. Sensible to sign a backup ad Molyneux is 18 and I suspect that if he was considered ready he would have been given time in the pizza game.

Sensible work. Hopefully we won't need him and he becomes a fun trivia answer with Jed Steer and Maxwell whose first name I've forgotten 
    Jed Steer actually played a few games for us. Chris Maxwell; Antti Niemi; Luke Daniels (maybe he made one League Cup appearance?); Tony Caig; Tony Warner all spring to mind as perennial benchwarmers - but again I could be wrong and appearances may have been made.
  • Options
    Saw him at Barnet as a youngster and rated him. Not sure if he would have played with Hector, suspect he might play in the FA Cup and JPT. A shame he wasn't signed before the Villa game.
  • Options
    Our keepers haven’t been convincing this season. This guy has a genuine chance of taking the shirt (rather than just being cover) if he’s up to it.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    SDAddick said:

Jed Steer actually played a few games for us. Chris Maxwell; Antti Niemi; Luke Daniels (maybe he made one League Cup appearance?); Tony Caig; Tony Warner all spring to mind as perennial benchwarmers - but again I could be wrong and appearances may have been made.
    Iirc Caig played a half and kept a clean sheet. Daniels never played as Ross Worner was preferred 
  • Options
    Very sensible move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    So a three month contract, which will no doubt turn into "till the end of the season" as he proves an instant hit...🤔🙄
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Steer played around 20 games for us, reckon most would remember him.

Good luck to Walker, if he's half decent he's in with a chance of finding his way into the team. 
  • Options
    Solid move as cover , plenty of experience and would expect him to play cups and JPT. Ironically a bit like what we brought Hendo in to do a couple of years back.
  • Options
    Think it’s more to do AMB … Isted on track with his injury 
  • Options
    Some good stops in that highlights package. Like the fact that he is a big boy and fills the frame of his goal like a modern keeper. AMB and Isted are not short by standards of the general population, but they're not especially tall either and don't appear imposing in their goal either.
  • Options
    So a three month contract, which will no doubt turn into "till the end of the season" as he proves an instant hit...🤔🙄
    The last bloke we signed on an initial contract to January hasn’t turned out too badly…
    So I'll take that as a like then...👍
  • Options
    The last bloke we signed on an initial contract to January hasn’t turned out too badly…
    So I'll take that as a like then...👍
    Sure, knock yourself out. :-)
  • Options
    Nice to get a keeper in who's almost as tall as me..

Be interesting to see if he can actually exploit his height and catch a cross, feel like we have missed that commanding presence since Amos 
  • Options
    Good to see another Sam between the sticks