Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Walker signs - short term keeper cover til Jan 2024

Comments

• Options
    A slight concern that we've ended up with 3 middling goalkeepers. All 3 can do a job, but none stand out as being "L1 team of the season candidates" which is what you really want.
  • Options
    A slight concern that we've ended up with 3 middling goalkeepers. All 3 can do a job, but none stand out as being "L1 team of the season candidates" which is what you really want.
    Walkers only contracted till January anyway so if he doesn't work out (or a demonstrably better option becomes available) it shouldn't be too hard to try another option.

I honestly think that the keepers we have are actually probably pretty good for this level, relatively speaking - there's no GKs at any club so far who have really stood out as the league's best IMO.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Sensible signingbolloxbolder said:
    He'll do for back up. AMB was a big positive for us last season so happy for him to be #1
    This adulation for AMB is bizarre. Bang average short arsed keeper with no presence whatsoever.
    Agree, said before that I don't rate him. Walker could be first choice until Istead is fit.
    He's not short tho :)
    That aged well.
  • Options
    Get rid load of shit and ness
  • Options
    I'd rather stick Prince or Henry in goal
  • Options
    Yeah don’t need to see this guy again
  • Options
    Jesus how bad is this fella 
  • Options
    Can see why he was without a club,woeful.
  • Options
    Awful keeper
  • Options
    He’s up there with our worse keepers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair to say I don't think we'll be taking up that extension option, somehow.
  • Options
    Can't afford to play him at the Gills
  • Options
    Never in doubt
  • Options
    Absolutely useless.
  • Options
    He's a non league standard keeper, but we can't realistically expect to pick up anyone better on short notice (and free).

Apart from Trophy games, I don't expect to see him again. 

• Options
    Let's not be too hard on him although I agree AMB needs to play against Gillingham.

We needed to sign someone given AMB's absences with Australia and Isted out injured. I felt Ness was equally culpable for allowing Lisbie in behind him.

Does anyone remember Bolder in one of his first games making an awful error against Arsenal? He turned out to be one of our best keepers.
  • Options
    He may well be a dodgy keeper but I think the defender was responsible for the penalty that never was. He was obviously concerned about handling the ball on the edge of the area and ended up being very lucky not to be shown a red. 
  • Options
    He may well be a dodgy keeper but I think the defender was responsible for the penalty that never was. He was obviously concerned about handling the ball on the edge of the area and ended up being very lucky not to be shown a red. 
    Ness wasn't to blame, Walker called him off and that's why he slowed down, Walker misjudges how far the ball was coming and suddenly had to try and take a swing at it with Lisbie closing him down and he was too slow to react
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ness wasn't to blame, Walker called him off and that's why he slowed down, Walker misjudges how far the ball was coming and suddenly had to try and take a swing at it with Lisbie closing him down and he was too slow to react
    If that's the case then I take back what I said about the defender. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Let's not be too hard on him although I agree AMB needs to play against Gillingham.

We needed to sign someone given AMB's absences with Australia and Isted out injured. I felt Ness was equally culpable for allowing Lisbie in behind him.

Does anyone remember Bolder in one of his first games making an awful error against Arsenal? He turned out to be one of our best keepers.
    Worse than that ball through his arms through his legs in the Simod Cup at Selhurst in the rain, v Palace!
  • Options
    Lets just say I highly doubt even league 2 teams will be looking at him in January..
  • Options
    He's a non league standard keeper, but we can't realistically expect to pick up anyone better on short notice (and free).

Apart from Trophy games, I don't expect to see him again. 

De Gea is still available.
  • Options
    He has plenty of experience at this level so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But the signs from tonight’s penalty incident weren’t good. Let’s hope he’s a good shot stopper.
  • Options
    Again two games and only one save to make .. he had to come for the pen as it was outside he could not pick the ball up .. his only danger of the whole evening was two wayward back passes by Dobson 

• Options
    He has plenty of experience at this level so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But the signs from tonight’s penalty incident weren’t good. Let’s hope he’s a good shot stopper.
    What could he do .. he was outside the box again your not looking at the real blame Ness completely lost the man and ball mind you it was a clear foul on May leading up to it as well .. 
  • Options

What could he do .. he was outside the box again your not looking at the real blame Ness completely lost the man and ball mind you it was a clear foul on May leading up to it as well .. 
    It looked to me like Ness got the shout to leave it and only then did Walker realise he'd misjudged it and had to come outside the box to deal with it.

Which yes is only one mistake but its pretty bad for a keeper who is supposedly the "experienced back up" and he was REALLY lucky to stay on the pitch. If we had gone down to 10 that 2nd half could have gone very differently.
  • Options
    Try selling the appeal of being third choice keeper at a League One club, on a short term deal to January. 

He’s fine for a short term stop gap. 

• Options
    thenewbie said:

It looked to me like Ness got the shout to leave it and only then did Walker realise he'd misjudged it and had to come outside the box to deal with it.

Which yes is only one mistake but its pretty bad for a keeper who is supposedly the "experienced back up" and he was REALLY lucky to stay on the pitch. If we had gone down to 10 that 2nd half could have gone very differently.
    If you listen to the apples post match interview he confirms it was a "communication error", keeper held his hand up to say it was his fault. Also told the defenders next time put your head through it and argue about it later.