Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

On the Grass

13»

Comments

• From the tweet about CBT the other day "carries" - this isn't Rugby!
  • edited October 2023
    iaitch said:
    You won't win anything with top players you need top top players.
    This one. Pundits say it like toptop is one word. 

I also think any pundit who says 'unbelievable' should have their appearance fee docked. They shouldn't be so surprised by things happening in football.
  • Another one is 'this player has got genuine pace' as opposed to what? Why can't they just have pace?
  • Scoham said:
    “Recycle possession”… you mean a team are keeping the ball.
    I think this actually comes from basketball where it means more to "reset" and start the attack again. 
  • "The group" ffs
  • 'You know what scares defenders most?' Pace.

So put Usain Bolt in the team and the defenders will be shitting themselves even though he couldn't trap a bag of cement. 
  • Can I add ‘he’s got a good head on his shoulders’. Always an advantage I think. Why never a bad head?
  • A few years back someone on here was annoyed at 'go to ground' which didn't mean 'fall over' as much as 'go into hiding'.

It didn't bother me until I read it here. Now it fucks me off every time I hear it so maybe I should stop checking this thread before more stuff gets added to the list. 
  • Can I add ‘he’s got a good head on his shoulders’. Always an advantage I think. Why never a bad head?
    Dowie had one of those.
  • A face that rung a thousand bells.
  • Sponsored links:

• Foot race 
  • We go again.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Foot race 
    Yes what the he'll is that!
    What's wrong with just 'race'?
    I think its an American import. Said in NFL all the time
  • We stay humble.
    Does not apply to Charlton. They have no choice. 
  • The use of quarterback is another dubious import from another sport.