Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doo Wah Diddy Alfie May song

2»

Comments

• What about when winning away we sing "An Apple a day takes the three points away"
    Is that sung to sponge Bob Square pants ? 
  • Whatever happened to chants as simple as

Ole Ole Ole Ole
    Ole Ole Ole Ole
    Alfie May May May
    Alfie May May May
    Best thing for atmosphere is simple chants. 
  • Crispy said:

Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

Going past defenders, scoring one or two

He looks good, he looks fine

Alfie May is on my mind

And he's Charlton's number 9...

Decent little chant but very much ticking the CAFC boxes of 1) Copying a flavour of the month chant sung by multiple clubs and 2) Sung so fast you can barely join in.

Enjoy the song but agree with you on point 2 - it’s mad how fast Valley Floyd Road is sung now, especially when you hear it at Nottingham
    Forest 
    Agree, sounds ridiculous. When did this start? I can’t pinpoint it.
  • edited October 2023
    Chunes said:
    He fits the old Darren Bent song. 

Darren Bent Bent Bent.

Alfie May, May, May. 

Job done and no mumbling silly bollocks
    Wait until Liverpool or Newcastle start singing it and give it a few weeks.
  • What about before the match, all the players walk out except May, Red Red Robin stops and Brian Cole goes

'I say Alfie, you say!'  and we belt out 'May' 

We do this repeatedly till it speeds up so much that Alfie and May no longer sound like words. 

Then we all start the 'oooohhhhhhhhh' 

Alfie May comes out doing a tunnel jump at full sprint 
    no
  • What about before the match, all the players walk out except May, Red Red Robin stops and Brian Cole goes

We do this repeatedly till it speeds up so much that Alfie and May no longer sound like words. 

no
    Well that settles it then
  • sam3110 said:
    Or just

ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE!!!!!

MAY MAY MAY!!!!

To the complex tune of "Oggy Oggy Oggy" 
    Hello. I'm here .....! 

• Chunes said:
    I don't know, but not a fan of these complicated player songs. Give me a "Super, super Clive" any day of the week.

Sorry but I can't see singing super Clive to Alfie May ever catching on. 

• Sponsored links:

• Please stop this. 
  • shine166 said:
    What about when winning away we sing "An Apple a day takes the three points away"
    Is that sung to sponge Bob Square pants ? 
    (To the tune of sponge bob square pants) 

“an apple a day takes the three points away’ Micky. Apples. He once was a meme but now we’re all keen. Micky. Apples”. 
  • Kips said:
    Chunes said:
    I don't know, but not a fan of these complicated player songs. Give me a "Super, super Clive" any day of the week.

Sorry but I can't see singing super Clive to Alfie May ever catching on. 

What if it goes:

He's just like
    super, super Clive

Super, super Clive...
  • Alfie May May May.

to the tune of David Whyte Whyte Whyte.

Sod all this chapter and verse bollocks
  • edited October 2023
    My two cents: Social media and songs going 'viral' has a lot to answer for with this. Songs need to sound whacky and different in order to get noticed. But then they just get copied, with the lyrics slightly changed, and before you know it everyone is singing the same bollocks. 

The same song is sung by England fans for Harry Kane. That's the best we could come up with for one of the best players in the country's history. 

But if you think this is shite, then god knows what that makes that Tequila / Aneke monstrosity. 
  • To the tune of ‘The Workers United Will Never Be Defeated’. (Almost)

#Asimwe Aneke
    May May May#

Repeat ad infinitum.

• Just a simple old Alfie...Alfie May... would do personally.

To the theme of Daddy, Daddy Cool. Might have been used for Danny Green previously.
  • cafctom said:
    My two cents: Social media and songs going 'viral' has a lot to answer for with this. Songs need to sound whacky and different in order to get noticed. But then they just get copied, with the lyrics slightly changed, and before you know it everyone is singing the same bollocks. 

The same song is sung by England fans for Harry Kane. That's the best we could come up with for one of the best players in the country's history. 

But if you think this is shite, then god knows what that makes that Tequila / Aneke monstrosity. 
    Deji Oshilaja doesn't even have a massive head...
  • cafctom said:

Deji Oshilaja doesn't even have a massive head...
    Not on his neck, maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Alfie May May May.

to the tune of David Whyte Whyte Whyte.

Sod all this chapter and verse bollocks
    As long as it not the 'you wot' Bonne song 
  • edited October 2023
    And all the runs that Corey makes are winding
    And all the goals that Alfie scores are blinding
    There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how
    Because maybe
    You're gonna be the one that saves me
    And after all
    You're Micky Apple!
  • I've been in touch with Thomas Sandgaard.

He is gonna make a rock song for us about Alfie May after. That should settle this 
  • Atmosphere noticeably better towards rhe end today and it was the simple chants that all the stands can hear/understand and get involved with.