Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Exeter City : Tuesday 3rd October 2023 KO 19:45Pm

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Exeter: Sinisalo, Kite, Aimson (c), Fitzwater, Hartridge, Jules, Carroll, Cole, Harper, Mitchell, Scott

Subs: Woods, Sweeney, Richards, Wildschut, Taylor, Aitchison, Cox
    Getting Mitchell back is big for them. I think they'll be:
    Sinisalo
    Harper Aimson Fitzwater Hartridge Jules 
    .........Cole Carroll Kite
    ...........Scott Mitchell

think
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I suspect it’s the same back four in order to keep things consistent and give Hector & Jones a proper chance to build on that partnership.

Dobson, L. Watson and CBT positions are straight forward.

The only question mark is what rotation we get out of Tedic, Aneke and May. Who plays up front? Who plays wide and who plays in the no. 10 role?

May can do all three. Aneke and Tedic can both do two of them.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Hopefully Aneke targets Kite, the Exeter man should be pretty lightweight to deal with... One strong breeze and all that, although he has a very strong shot... Once he lets fly... 😏
  • Options
    I wonder if Harry should have been subbed when injured?
    I think we'd made all 5 subs by then 
    Nah we hadn't I thought the same, checked the BBC live text... Isted made that save from the lop on 74mins

We didnt bring Fraser on for another seven minutes.

Had Isted been sent off for the last man incident, then yeah we'd have been fucked, as that was after the last subs had been made - On the other hand, can understand why he got caught on the ball if he potentially wasn't moving well for that moment, but then that was an even better save when Shrewsbury almost scored with the last kick of the game.
    Thanks. He didn't seem obviously injured for the final few minutes, unlike Fraser back in August.
  • Options
    I was finding it a tough ask to get excited for the game tonight but now I really can’t wait to see how we do with that line up. We will either smash them really bad or do wholesale changes at halftime
  • Options
    Sir Chrissy proves again he really is ITK.
  • Options
    What did he say, sorry I missed it?

He was spot on about Camara unfortunately
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Bet his face is a picture 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Goalkeeper injured. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    very attacking line-up .. good to see
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Said about five hours ago that GK was out injured.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    For all Aneke's strengths, mobility is not one of them. I hope he is not on his own upfront. He would last 5mins.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's either inspired or insain. 
    I believe we all know the answer to that question. Let’s face it 50 percent of us will be correct come the end of this evening.

Thats how divided we are as fans at the moment.
  • Options
    Hopefully Aneke targets Kite, the Exeter man should be pretty lightweight to deal with... One strong breeze and all that, although he has a very strong shot... Once he lets fly... 😏
    If we do anything bad, Exeter will bring The Sweeney on.
  • Options
    Apples gave away the Chuks start in his conference but I didn't expect him to be on the pitch with two other strikers. Mad. 
  • Options
    Well this looks like a game that one side or the other will probably win by 3 goals. I just have no idea which one.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'm guessing May will drop to midfield like he did against Wycombe. Aneke will be left to skulk around up front. 

Very confusing lineup.
    Skulk. Do you mean scaring the shit out of their defenders.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I'm guessing May will drop to midfield like he did against Wycombe. Aneke will be left to skulk around up front. 

Very confusing lineup.
    May in midfield???  Scores 40 odd goals over 2 seasons & he now drops into midfield. 

Madness.
    Three strikers starting alongside our most dangerous winger. Guess who still isn’t 

Several on here...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So 0-0 tonight 
  • Options
    Good to see Lisbie back in the studio, like how he sees the game, and of course Curbs back in the hot seat...
  • Options
    CharltonTV saying 433 with May behind Aneke. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's either inspired or insain. 
    Says it all!

I fear it could be insane.

Why on earth would you start Alfie  May in midfield?
  • Options
    Odd line up, I hope it works. 
  • Options
    Apples knows what he's doing...🙄
  • Options
    Obviously hoping this works but all feels a bit unnecessary. Give May a partner up top (Tedic) and play Chem or Fraser in behind. Ah well will be an interesting watch at least. 
  • Options
    Happy to see ashley back, harsh to have lost his place
    Agree. I'm firmly in the Ashley is the number 1 camp.

Please don't let me down tonight A M-B!
  • Options
    Apples knows what he's doing...🙄
    Sure? :smile:
  • Options
    So were Miles and TC the players who Appleton wasn’t very happy with v Shrewsbury? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!