Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Francis Lee

2»

Comments

• Played for Bolton in the first game I went to at the Valley, August 1966. RIP.
  • Sad to see somebody pass away at a relatively early age, and particularly suffering with cancer.
    I believe he made his money selling toilet paper after retiring from football.
    Sleep well Franny.
    Do people think 79 is a relatively early age? I personally think making 70 would be a massive achievement.

Rest in peace Frannie. 

• RIP Frannie. 
  • cblock said:
    RIP
    Who was his fight with?
    Norman Hunter
    And here it is. Happy days.

• Tutt-Tutt said:
    Played for Bolton in the first game I went to at the Valley, August 1966. RIP.
    I believe it was a game against Bolton the season before which was on the old Charlton TV archive. It was on Match of the Day, with Frank Bough and the cameras on a gantry on the open South bank behind the goal, which made for a very poor viewing experience. Bolton won 3-1 on an appallingly muddy pitch, with Lee scoring twice (one a penalty, I think).
  • RIP Franny. They certainly don’t make ‘em like that any more. Anyone who can deck Norman Hunter is worthy of respect.

Apparently Bob Wilson told the press back in the day that he'd been analysing Lee's penalty technique and thought he had a good chance of saving it if City were awarded a pen in an upcoming match. City duly got a pen, Lee smashed it in and shouted to Wilson “analyse that, you c**t”.
  • Curb_It said:
    Sad to see somebody pass away at a relatively early age, and particularly suffering with cancer.
    I believe he made his money selling toilet paper after retiring from football.
    Sleep well Franny.
    Do people think 79 is a relatively early age? I personally think making 70 would be a massive achievement.

Rest in peace Frannie. 

79 is only a tad under the median age of death for men in England. Where as women on average live 3 years longer and the gap is getting bigger !
  • Great Player ..thanks for the memories Franny..RIP