Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heartfelt Thanks to All Lifers

edited October 2023 in General Charlton
I posted a short 'thank you' on the Cancer thread last week, I had received some get well cards completely out of the blue.
Over the weekend and today myself and Angie have received more cards and a present, which has humbled and gobsmacked the pair of us!! So I decided to post this, so you all know, how much this has meant to us; it shows CL for all the good it does, despite the occasional bickering!
There are too many to mention by 'avatar' name, but I only know a couple of you personally, Angie has never met any of you and I don't know 99% of you!!
This is an ;act of human kindness' we never hear about nowadays, it has been an emotional few days, that's for sure.
We have no idea who organised this - BUT thank you so very very much to each and everyone of you, for your kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity.
As a quick update, my health problems have worsened slightly in the last 48 hours, I lost my balance on Saturday night and collapsed on the floor hitting a radiator on my way down. Thankfully Angie was with me and after a couple of minutes I made it back into bed. That said, I was ok other than shook up a little bit.
My second session (of 8) of chemo starts this Wednesday for 15 days, so I wont be on here very often due to how badly I react, sadly, to the treatment.
However I will update whenever I can, but hopefully we can all meet up for a pint or two when I get back to the Valley next season, as I doubt I'll make it this one.
Until then, please accept this post as mine and Angie's heartfelt thanks xx
Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy xx
Malc xx

Comments

• Options
    "Angie has never met any of you and I don't know 99% of you!!" 

"Ahem, so it wasn't memorable but to be forgotten so soon" ;) x

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    "Angie has never met any of you and I don't know 99% of you!!" 

"Ahem, so it wasn't memorable but to be forgotten so soon" ;) x

You're excluded! Xx 😄 
  • Options
    All the very best Malc.
  • Options
    All the best mate. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    All the very best mate, as you say the CL family is special in so many ways, hopefully you can get back to The Valley soon as👍
  • Options
    Wishing you the very best in the coming weeks.
    Great post.
  • Options
    All the best mate
  • Options
    Carry on carrying on mate.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    All the best Red.
    Currently over in Alicante looking after the MiL who is in a similar predicament.
    Keep fighting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes to you RM.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    The person in the photo above the cabinet has very mismatched legs.

All the best RM.
  • Options
    I spot mine.
    I hope it made you giggle.
    @TCE was a bit worried 😂😂🥳🥳
  • Options
    Sorry I missed the original thread and so sorry to hear about your condition RM. I really hope the treatments get rid of the awful thing inside of you and you make a full recovery ASAP. All the best, Mike
  • Options
    Photo as promised

Do we have to guess what the whole picture / canvas on the wall is? 

It’s intriguing me ! 🙂
  • Options
    Dog with a rosette is my guess?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s when the dog grabbed the boner…….ouch!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Dog with a rosette is my guess?
    That's a part of a huge canvass of 'Anchaz Cinna' she was our GSD who starred alongside Jim Carey in Kick Ass 2. She was winning a best in show Rosette.  Gone but never ever forgotten xx
    The same dog as in the picture (grrr) that @TCE posted above. 😉
  • Options
    I’ve kept that photo on the mantle, it keeps the dogs away from the fire! 😉
  • Options
    Good luck red. May I humbly suggest you look into getting reiki sessions, they're provided by the NHS, and as a practitioner who's worked in a cancer wellness centre, I can say first hand that it will be of benefit to you. 
  • Options
    Be strong. Take care. 

We sit behind you!!  See you soon 
  • Options
    Just a small update, my chemo for today postponed for 7 days as blood tests have come back with raised potassium levels. I've also been asked to get a COVID test in next couple of days by my Oncologist....oh well that's life I suppose!
  • Options
    You been eating too many bananas RM? I'm sorry to hear it's been postponed, fingers crossed it'll be all systems go next week.