Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD ; Shrewsbury Town Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 30th September 2023 : KO 3:00pm.

Comments

• RoanRedNY said:
    would it be a fair assessment to suggest the new manager bounce has flattened and that injuries aren’t really an excuse at the moment?  Not sure what that leaves, but I doubt it’s good.
    Kind of. We still have more points under Apples than we did under Holden. I would say that given the way the squad is constructed, until you have Fraser and Camara from the start injuries are still a factor 

• L. Watson booked for kicking the ball away after he ran it out of play
  • edited September 2023
    Win the home games... Dont lose the away
    Better win the next two then.
    Of course puts pressure on the home games, but we will lose more games both home and away again this season.

As will everyone else
  • Win the home games... Dont lose the away
    Better win the next two then.
    Of course we will, I am very con...fi...d...
  • Watson booked for kicking ball into hoarding in frustration 

Refs a ✊️💦
  • Sponsored links:

• Isted make a one on one save, saves a point.
  • FT: Shrewsbury Town 0-0 Charlton Athletic
  • edited September 2023
    FT 0-0. Horrible game, horrible conditions.

Some were bad, some were ok. Only two that come out of that looking better than before are Isted and Jones.
  • FT...0-0...Useless until the subs, then ok(ish)...at least we didn't loose...nuff said...but really...

• We are so bad at defending in transition it's unreal. Isted saves us a point. 
  • The under appreciated hard fought away 0-0 
  • Have a safe trip home to all who made the long journey to Shrewsbury.
  • Sponsored links:

• RoanRedNY said:
    would it be a fair assessment to suggest the new manager bounce has flattened and that injuries aren’t really an excuse at the moment?  Not sure what that leaves, but I doubt it’s good.
    It's been 3 games. Understand it isn't great but can't conquer the World after 3 games. Needs more time

I am just about sane enough not to ask for anyone in a charlton shirt to “conquer the world” after 3 games OR ever for that matter, I am being ironic about the 5th (?) new manager “bounce” in, what, 2.5 years and the current availability status of the squad.  BUT it would still be nice to not be totally outplayed by a team without a win in 3 who are 18th on Div 3.  The world can come (a lot) later, after we have mastered the bottom quartile of Div 3.
  • Will be lucky to make top half this season. 

Pants.
  • Two proper shit teams 
    sooo many nothing footballers olayung For us 
    we’re going nowhere fast 
    this set of players are guff 
  • Up to 15th
  • Thank you all for the updates.

Better than it might have been, but...
  • Not a loss, but hardly an inspiring result either
  • edited September 2023
    Fair result sadly...

They bossed the first half, we bossed the second.

Much better performance from Mr Hyde... I mean Isted, who saved us in the first, almost cost us in the second, before saving our skins at the death.

Shrews will no doubt feel aggrieved, as imagine they'll feel that Isted shouldnt be on the pitch and we'd have had an outfield player in Goal for the last 10-15mins
  • edited September 2023
    A pretty horrible game but at least we’re getting back on the bus with a point
  • Could have cut the play off gap to 4 points. Rubbish result tbh. 
  • RoanRedNY said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    It's been 3 games. Understand it isn't great but can't conquer the World after 3 games. Needs more time

I am just about sane enough not to ask for anyone in a charlton shirt to “conquer the world” after 3 games OR ever for that matter, I am being ironic about the 5th (?) new manager “bounce” in, what, 2.5 years and the current availability status of the squad.  BUT it would still be nice to not be totally outplayed by a team without a win in 3 who are 18th on Div 3.  The world can come (a lot) later, after we have mastered the bottom quartile of Div 3.
    Totally outplayed? Dude. Get a grip. That was far from great but "totally outplayed"? Nah.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!