Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players who have represented Charlton and Everton

2»

Comments

• Francis Jeffers
    The fox in the box, he'd wouldn't have got anything in a chicken coupe.
    I remember being frustrated curbs never started him in a 442 with Bartlett. He was always subbed on and we’d look better with him on. 
    Think Curbs mentioned in one of his books that he signed him to basically do that, but we were having a bad run, he wanted to tighten us up so went to 451 (which worked), Bartlett up top.

Jeffers came back from injury and there wasn't a space for him in the side, so he never really got going.
    Curbs  then decided to put him out on loan, as a change of Venue would be good for Jeffers.
  • Francis Jeffers
    The fox in the box, he'd wouldn't have got anything in a chicken coupe.
    I remember being frustrated curbs never started him in a 442 with Bartlett. He was always subbed on and we’d look better with him on. 
    Think Curbs mentioned in one of his books that he signed him to basically do that, but we were having a bad run, he wanted to tighten us up so went to 451 (which worked), Bartlett up top.

Jeffers came back from injury and there wasn't a space for him in the side, so he never really got going.
    Curbs  then decided to put him out on loan, as a change of Venue would be good for Jeffers.
    You think he needed a new club?
  • Graham Stuart was held in high regard by the Everton fans and always got a very good reception when we played at theirs, think he saved them from relegation once.
    He won the FA cup with them. Hit the crossbar which led to their goal 
    Gavin Peacock won the FA cup with Chelsea and he hit the crossbar in the final.
    Did he? - Only FA Cup I remember Chelsea being in, when he was with them, was in 94 when they lost 4-0 to Man Utd? 
  • Graham Stuart was held in high regard by the Everton fans and always got a very good reception when we played at theirs, think he saved them from relegation once.
    Did he? - Only FA Cup I remember Chelsea being in, when he was with them, was in 94 when they lost 4-0 to Man Utd? 
    Yeah, I messed up.
  • Matt Jackson
    I didn’t know that. But Graham Stuart certainly did it with Everton 
  • Very nearly Don Hutchison. Anyone remember when we nearly signed him over the summer after the championship title winning season? Remember reading it in the Sun on a lads holiday in Gran Canaria.

Ended up with Claus - I think we did alright with that 
    Graham Stuart is a hero up there. He scored the goal that kept Everton up in the last game of the season against Everton.
    He got a standing ovation when the PA announced his name up there.  Good lads are Everton.
  • Hans Segers must be a hero up there too with his amazing shrinking arms from that shot 
    Graham Stuart is a hero up there. He scored the goal that kept Everton up in the last game of the season against Everton.
    He got a standing ovation when the PA announced his name up there.  Good lads are Everton.
    Wimbledon
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Graham Stuart was held in high regard by the Everton fans and always got a very good reception when we played at theirs, think he saved them from relegation once.
    Wimbledon
    Correct.
  • Seem to remember Don Hutchison agreed terms but Coventry gazumped us at the last minute. 
    Graham Stuart is an Everton ambassador, still very active with them I believe  
    https://www.evertoninthecommunity.org/news/2023/february/01/eitc-ambassador-graham-stuart-visits-redgrbidge-/

(when my daughters' Everton-supporting friend died in rather tragic circumstances, he represented the club at the funeral)

• Where I used to work, we had a fanatical Everton fan in our northern office. I only met him once, but during a football heavy conversation, he said he took his Dad to their training ground for his 80th birthday. Graham Stuart looked after them,  unfortunately it was an International week and a few players were away but he said GS worked overtime to make it special, he said he was a total gent. He also said they met Duncan Ferguson who was very polite if a little shy, but still intimidating without trying to be!
  • Seem to remember Don Hutchison agreed terms but Coventry gazumped us at the last minute. 
    Thought it was sunderland?
    Thought it was sunderland?
    Doh! Yes, he ended up at Coventry later on, but Sunderland nabbed him off us.