Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players who have represented Charlton and Everton

Travelled to the match with a group of Everton fans going off to the Brentford game. We got discussing what players had represented both teams.
We came up with Graham Stuart, Eddie Yours, Marcus Bent and Ademola Lookman. Later on in the pub someone suggested Jim Melrose, although we weren't sure.
Any others?

Comments

• Eddie Youds! ffs
  • Carl Tiler
  • Francis Jeffers
  • Jesper Blomqvist.
  • Impressive response, good work people!
  • edited September 2023
    Conor McAleny, Aiden Mcgeady.
  • Ron Saunders is a historic link.

Matt Jackson and Garry Rowett.
  • Although they never played for our first team you could also have Richard Gough and Stephen Hughes.
  • Graham Stuart
  • Sponsored links:

• Jimmy Gauld

• edited September 2023
    Travelled to the match with a group of Everton fans going off to the Brentford game. We got discussing what players had represented both teams.
    We came up with Graham Stuart, Eddie Yours, Marcus Bent and Ademola Lookman. Later on in the pub someone suggested Jim Melrose, although we weren't sure.
    Any others?
    Jim Melrose wicki page does not include Everton, but I did see him score a hatrick for us against them  :D:smile:

As an aside who gives their son a middle name of Millsopp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Melrose
  • Kap10 said:
    Any others?
    Jim Melrose wicki page does not include Everton, but I did see him score a hatrick for us against them  :D:smile:

Mr and mrs Melrose?
  • Who was that attacker we got on loan from Everton under Luzon?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Who was that attacker we got on loan from Everton under Luzon?

Conor McAleny, good shout.
  • Kap10 said:
    Any others?

If I had to guess I'd say it's his Mum's maiden name!
  • edited September 2023
  • Francis Jeffers 
  • can't stand Everton. Was around Waterloo with a few of them. I was with my sister.
    They were friendly and we chatted to them for a bit. As we all left for our match match and they for theirs, think they were playing some north of the river club at the time, they started to get all tosser like with a few other evertonians. Ended up having a fight with them. Thought it was ridiculous and I said as much.   
    So all the players who went on to play for them after us disappoint me thoroughly. 
  • edited September 2023
    Carl Tiler

Forget that just seen it above from Clem Snide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Francis Jeffers
    The fox in the box, he'd wouldn't have got anything in a chicken coupe.
  • Monty Wilkinson 
  • Graham Stuart was held in high regard by the Everton fans and always got a very good reception when we played at theirs, think he saved them from relegation once.
  • he never played for us, but always thought leon osman was a curbs kind of player. I remember charlton always signing him on football manager.
  • Graham Stuart was held in high regard by the Everton fans and always got a very good reception when we played at theirs, think he saved them from relegation once.
    He won the FA cup with them. Hit the crossbar which led to their goal 
  • Francis Jeffers
    When we loaned him to Rangers, I asked my mate up there how he was doing, I got the reply "Hibernating"
  • Francis Jeffers
    I remember being frustrated curbs never started him in a 442 with Bartlett. He was always subbed on and we’d look better with him on. 
  • Francis Jeffers
    I remember being frustrated curbs never started him in a 442 with Bartlett. He was always subbed on and we’d look better with him on. 
    Utter tosh - he was crap - utter crap - take a look at his career stats - appalling, especially playing for Charlton Athletic 
    He won the FA cup with them. Hit the crossbar which led to their goal 
    Gavin Peacock won the FA cup with Chelsea and he hit the crossbar in the final.
  • Francis Jeffers
    Think Curbs mentioned in one of his books that he signed him to basically do that, but we were having a bad run, he wanted to tighten us up so went to 451 (which worked), Bartlett up top.

Jeffers came back from injury and there wasn't a space for him in the side, so he never really got going.