Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Wycombe Wanderers | Saturday 23rd September 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• We win this comfortably I think. I'd also drop Anderson for Watson 
  • Not a big Wycombe fan with their style of play. Their time wasting if they get in front could see this match go on till 6pm at least? It is all about our defence and that all important clean sheet. I think at home we might just sneak it, 1-0 to the Addicks.
  • Where’s @happyvalley these days…?  So I’ll go 4-0!
  • I’m going 2:0 to the Charlton, I hope so anyway as I’m down from Leeds for it!
  • A must win.
  • ozaddick said:
    I'm back in blighty unexpectedly, and will be getting to the valley tomorrow if possible. 

I only hope we have a good crowd, and we give it a right go. 

Wanderers are a decent side so a win would be a bonus, but I just want to see us fight for every ball and give it our all. I want to see the Charlton spirit that's been missing for so long, and some decent tactical football, again, something that been missing recently. 

We'll be at the far end of Crossbars if you have time to join us ! x
  • I think there’ll be a result, one way or another.
  • We must match them physically during the first half, I’m fed up watching our boys getting bullied off the ball.

May, Leaburn & Aneke hit the onion bag,  3 - 1 win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Comfortable 4-1 Home win and the beginnings of a sustained promotion push.
  • Wont be there as I'm taking my daughter to Southampton to start her 3 year Uni adventure. 

Bound to miss a classic with lots of goals.

5-2.
    Proud moment. Good luck.
    My two managed to get themselves a place in Bournemouth Uni, didn't even need to leave home!
    In their 30s now. Where does the time go
  • edited September 2023
    3-1 win. 

Putting most of my faith this season that Leaburn/May & 20 minutes of Aneke of the bench is enough to win matches in this division.

• Real tough one for us today 
    We need to get our game right from the off instead of from the second half like we have been doing 
    Going for a good 2-1win for
    The mighty CAFC 
    COYR
  • On my way from Hove with the family. 3-0 Addicks!
  • Hope the Wycombe team is different to the last couple of seasons. They waste so much time there was one January game in particular about two years ago that was awful 
  • Hope the Wycombe team is different to the last couple of seasons. They waste so much time there was one January game in particular about two years ago that was awful 
    They may be cut from similar cloth but hopefully the new rules keep a lid on their antics 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's Mrs Grumpy's birthday so taking her to a sewage pollution demo in Whitstable. 
  • It's Mrs Grumpy's birthday so taking her to a sewage pollution demo in Whitstable. 
    There is every chance you'll have a better day than the rest of us....
  • Missing this as I won't be leaving Paris till the 2nd half kicks off. Tight match 1-0 to Charlton ... Micky Apples Red and White Army
  • No Edun 
    Not another training ground injury surely 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    No Edun 
    Not another training ground injury surely 
    Wtf.
  • No Edun 
    We're genuinely cursed... Are we sure Sparrows Lane isnt built over some Ancient Burial Ground?
  • Is that 4-4-2 we're playing today? 
  • Wont be there as I'm taking my daughter to Southampton to start her 3 year Uni adventure. 

Bound to miss a classic with lots of goals.

5-2.
    Will we come from behind?

(cue Kenneth Williams, obvs)