Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie + Friends Out

124»

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    They have had their reasonable run haven’t they? Their choice of three managers now, a transfer window, decent initial enthusiasm from the fans. And what has all that got us?
    Two wins and eight defeats.
    What would be the pitchfork threshold?
    C'mon Seth. I'm as sceptical of them as the next man, yourself excluded because you are beyond that, but you can't seriously be suggesting they have had a reasonable run can you? They have only just overseen their first window in full charge and it's far too early to judge most of the signings and whether they will be enough to propel us up the league. I think they have made mistakes in recruitment but who doesn't. It's far too early to form an opinion of how things might change behind the scenes. A reasonable time to judge would be at the end of the season.

And who are these three managers they have chosen? If you are including Pearce then you are sillier than I thought.
    I am including Pearce, silly me.
    At my age I don’t want end of season judgement day to be still in this division or relegated.
    I don’t want to die supporting a third division club.
    So I am completely on board with Michael Appleton winning games and getting us promoted this season.
    Wouldn’t you like that too?
    of course but if we don't win at Stevenage I don't want Appleton gone like you do. 
    Would there come a point where you would like Appleton gone?

This conversation reminds me of that old Winston Churchill joke.

Winston is sitting opposite an attractive lady on a train, he leans forward and asks ‘Madam, would you sleep with me for a million pounds?’
    ’Well yes, certainly’ she blushes smiles and replies.
    Winston then asks, ‘Would you sleep with me for one pound?’
    ’What kind of woman do you take me for!!!???’ she retorts.
    ’We know what kind of woman you are’ says Winston ’We’re just negotiating on price’.
    Let me just check my crystal ball.
    To say a manager should be sacked after one game is total bollocks.
    Perhaps Man Utd should have sacked Ferguson after they lost 2-0 to Oxford in his first game.

What if Appleton wins that one game?
    If that happens as far as I am concerned he is welcome to stay for another one game and win that
    Disappointed that you seem set on becoming a WUM. 
     I’m not sure he is.
  • I have not made personal comments about other posters in order to wind them up. 
    Can everybody claim that?
  • I am new to this forum. I realise emotions are high particularly given our dreadful start to the season. However, I can't believe the negativity on here at the moment. I certainly hope MA doesn't read what's on here.
    We have to be realistic about where our club is. We will not be attractive to a lot of managers, for various reasons. We have been poor for two or three seasons, have a squad which needs time and work  and with owners some of whom have previous in pulling the trigger then any new manager...or head coach...comes in with a target already on his back.  MA'S job will be a lot more difficult if the fans are against him, and that negativity is bound to spread on to the pitch.
    To use an overused phrase, we are where we are. Let's get behind the new manager, behind the players and hope for the best.
    Is your name Justin, or do you live in Swanley? We need to know.
  • Not Justin, not Swanley! You do get the drift, though.
  • redman said:
    this forum gets more depressing and I feel very sorry for a lot of you. Talk about glass half empty, most of you seem to have totally drained your glass and want to share your misery.
    I just want a refill 😀
  • edited September 2023
    Perhaps in the interests of online harmony, if we want to take issue with a negative post we should begin by stating "I share your pain, but. ..... "

I hope if Charlie & friends do read this forum, (surely not) then I'd like to think they ignore it as the only thing we all agree on is that we want Charlton to win games of football.  How useful is that when they know that already?
  • Uboat said:
    Swisdom said: 

I got dogs abuse for saying things under Roland were not as dreadful as some made our.  Absolute dogs abuse 

Yes, because you were wrong about him and the fact that things have somehow got worse doesn’t mean that you’re now right. 
    Now that is fuzzy logic!  General concensus at the time was it couldn't possibly get worse and I disagreed.  I wasn't actively championing him but similarly I was not condemning him as vociferously as most.
  • edited September 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Uboat said:
    Swisdom said: 

I got dogs abuse for saying things under Roland were not as dreadful as some made our.  Absolute dogs abuse 

Yes, because you were wrong about him and the fact that things have somehow got worse doesn’t mean that you’re now right. 
    Now that is fuzzy logic!  General concensus at the time was it couldn't possibly get worse and I disagreed.  I wasn't actively championing him but similarly I was not condemning him as vociferously as most.

I rarely disagree with your posts @Swisdom but this one I am afraid I do.  RD remains the issue to this day.   His ownership of our ground and training ground is the reason we have had a bunch of awful owners.
    He knew who he was selling to in MS, his sarky comment as he exited proved that. 
    He is still here and still causing this club to rot.
    I hope Charlie boy and his merry band can turn it around. 
    RD remains the main threat to the club.
  • Roland left on his own terms with fans offering some gentle persuasion. I wonder sometimes where we'd be now had the fans not expressed reservations about his ownership.

• Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    Roland left on his own terms with fans offering some gentle persuasion. I wonder sometimes where we'd be now had the fans not expressed reservations about his ownership.

Not in a better position than we are now, maybe not a worse one either.

roland has taken us to where we are now which is now our natural level
  • I'm ignoring all of you.

Damn.
    Did you just say something?

• swordfish said:
    Roland left on his own terms with fans offering some gentle persuasion. I wonder sometimes where we'd be now had the fans not expressed reservations about his ownership.

In exactly the same position. I was one who protested but sadly don't think it made any difference. He sold when he realised he had failed and clung to the assets to dig himself out of his own financial hole in the future.  He was a dreadful owner and remains our biggest threat.