Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 months from now

2»

Comments

• They'll be a new takeover thread 
  • Nowhere near top six and the new manager becoming the old manager.
  • Whoever the manager is, still not able to stop the cock ups at the back and endlessly saying there were positives in the latest 4-0 defeat to Erith & Belvedere.
  • Whoever the manager is, still not able to stop the cock ups at the back and endlessly saying there were positives in the latest 4-0 defeat to Erith & Belvedere.
    Why are we playing E&B in 6 months time?
  • edited September 2023
    MrLargo said:
    We'll have redefined "rock bottom" again, for about the 15th time in the last decade.

We'll have made headlines on the back pages for being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 1st round after a 3-0 home defeat to Sevenoaks Town.

Languishing in lower mid-table, not quite bad enough to give us the excitement of a relegation battle, just floating in 16th, like a turd that won't flush.

Appleton sacked, with his three year contract paid off in full. After a lengthy recruitment process, he is then reappointed on a new 5 year contract after John Sitton, Joe Kinnear and Peter Taylor all reject our approaches.
    No . Rock Bottom for me was 38 years ago about to the minute. Walked through turnstile showing my season ticket. Got given a piece of paper telling me we would be sharing Selhurst Park with fcukimg Palace
  • sam3110 said:
    Whoever the manager is, still not able to stop the cock ups at the back and endlessly saying there were positives in the latest 4-0 defeat to Erith & Belvedere.
    Why are we playing E&B in 6 months time?
    It’ll be a friendly to build up the confidence of our defence!
  • You should have stayed at Cheltenham.
    Will be sung to May when we play them.
  • I think this will unravel pretty quickly and the place will get super toxic.
    Not sure who we vent our spleen too?
    The absent owners or the chomps sitting in the stand?
    Have we got enough support these days for a decent protest?
  • I'll donate £50 to the upbeats if we are in that position in 6 months. In fact I'll donate £50 if we're there in 6 months and another £100 if we get promoted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• In 6 months I’ll be thinking the only way I’ll be in SE7 on a weekend is if my nephew wants to go on an Easter egg hunt in Maryon Park.
  • MrLargo said:
    We'll have redefined "rock bottom" again, for about the 15th time in the last decade.

We'll have made headlines on the back pages for being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 1st round after a 3-0 home defeat to Sevenoaks Town.

Languishing in lower mid-table, not quite bad enough to give us the excitement of a relegation battle, just floating in 16th, like a turd that won't flush.

Appleton sacked, with his three year contract paid off in full. After a lengthy recruitment process, he is then reappointed on a new 5 year contract after John Sitton, Joe Kinnear and Peter Taylor all reject our approaches.
    No . Rock Bottom for me was 38 years ago about to the minute. Walked through turnstile showing my season ticket. Got given a piece of paper telling me we would be sharing Selhurst Park with fcukimg Palace

Bizarrely that was rock bottom as we left our home but we had some quality players at that time with a couple of good youngsters. 

Makes you realize that Cafc have been a bonkers club for a very long time. 
  • Get a decent manager in the I honestly think playoff position 

sign a dud then mid table obscurity, record low crowds and a search for another manager
  • The signing of a new manager no-one had heard of has turned out to be a master stroke. 
    The January signing of a dominant centre back from League Two has been the icing on the cake. First name Ryan. 
    The playoff place all but secured.
  • I cannot bear another round of this bollocks.

As much as it pains me, the club will fold and we will rise in the form of Woolwich Charlton playing on the common.
  • I think this will unravel pretty quickly and the place will get super toxic.
    Not sure who we vent our spleen too?
    The absent owners or the chomps sitting in the stand?
    Have we got enough support these days for a decent protest?
    Just stick 50 geezers in front of the directors box and sing "who the f***ing hell are you?" throughout the game.
  • They'll be a new takeover thread 
    Who will?
  • MrLargo said:

Bizarrely that was rock bottom as we left our home but we had some quality players at that time with a couple of good youngsters. 

Makes you realize that Cafc have been a bonkers club for a very long time. 
    It all started going to s*** once Curbs left.

Where and when will it all end I really don't know.
  • I’ll be still basking in the Bengals Super Bowl win
  • Still interviewing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Des Buckingham is crowned manager of the month for the 6th time in a row and is given the freedom of Greenwich and Mumbai for unlocking the potential of Indian player power - the club shop is turned into a Hindu Temple, the red red robin is replaced with pumping Bhangra House and free curry is served after win - with a cobra 
  • our captain will be leaving on a free
  • Looking for another new manager.
  • In six months I'll be eyeing up all the unvisited grounds in league two to potentially visit next season.
  • After recent news I've changed my mind. Mid table unfortunately. Can't wait for next season.
  • We’ll still be fucking shit
    we’ll still be London’s poniest club 
    and we’ll be a month away from facing palace’s u21s at Wembley in the pizza Cnut cup 
    Fixed it for you 😉
  • The South East London Club checklist - Ponyometer 6 months on:

Only club to have won a major trophy - check
    More years in the top division than any other - check
    Best ground - check
    Miscellaneous other metrics that can be used to take smug spanners and nigels back down to earth when required - check

Even after 15 years of utter dross - form is temporary, class is permanent.