Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

6 months from now

edited September 2023 in General Charlton
Crystal ball time. I think we are going to bang in the playoff positions. Hoping for a good second half of the season.
We have raw talent. The new manager will steady the ship. Or perhaps I'm being too positive?

Comments

• Searching for our next next manager?
  • it will be March!
  • Mid table mediocrity.
    Sub 6000 home attendances.
    Fears of losing Leaburn/May/ whoever.
    Moaners demanding a new owner/manager/squad overhaul
    Bellyachers prattling on about moaners/negatives/"some on 'ere"
    Wondering whether to bother with a season ticket next season.
    Saving up for a season ticket next season
     :) 
  • Crystal ball time. I think we are going to bang in the playoff positions. Hoping for a good second half of the season.
    We have raw talent. The new manager will steady the ship. Or perhaps I'm being too positive?
    Hoping for a good second half of the season? We are six league games in, what about the rest of the first half of the season or have you written that off?
  • Battling to stay up
  • Playoffs possible but a long shot. Still no Aneke.
  • Crystal ball time. I think we are going to bang in the playoff positions. Hoping for a good second half of the season.
    Hoping for a good second half of the season? We are six league games in, what about the rest of the first half of the season or have you written that off?
    Well in 6 months time why would you be hoping for a good first half of season ? It has already gone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronnie Moore telling us how good the new new owners are and that it’s not every club that can steal away and pay compensation to get Alma Swanleys manager in to help us try to beat the drop. 
  • Realistically play-offs would be very very achievable at a minimum for a manager who has the skill and experience as the season is so early and there's time.

Unfortunately life as a Charlton fan isn't that good and the next manager will achieve a 32-37% win rate and have us crawl into a mid-table finish.

We will then be told how it was hard after a tough start etc and have to go again.

Miles Leaburn and Tyreece Campbell will potentially be sold on the back of good seasons. George Dobson and CBT will sign for a league 1 side aspiring for promotion or a team in the championship.
  • On track to finish top two with Bolton.
    In 6 months time you will realise what hoping actually amounts to.
    You are no different from 99% of football supporters, myself included except all hope has left me this year after 6 games. We are light years away from being a competitive club. For most of Saturdays match we were like any other team at the foot of the table playing another team at the foot of the table, awful.
    We are in a downward spiral that is very difficult to arrest. I don't doubt the new regime want better times like all of us but we are nowhere near even bang average at present, its to be seen if they  actually have the nous to be mildly successful. As for raw talent, I'd disagree, they are just players that cant and probably will never play at a higher level. 
  • We'll be 7th in the table, but pissed off that we cashed in on Leaburn late into the January window. Alfie May has scored 18 goals and got 14 bookings, and due to a season ending injury to CBT and no-one else coming in, Kirk is first choice left winger. Despite him setting up 2 goals in his last appearance he still receives the lowest statbank rating as half our fans give him 2's and 3's for reasons like "i don't like his new boots", "he didn't wave back when he drove past me on the way to the ground" and "one swallow, or in this case 2 assists, does not a season make"
  • Desperate relegation battle, unless we win our next eight games in a row.
    Can be done taking one game at a time and treating each one like a cup final, only 11v11 and all that.
  • edited September 2023
    Mid table.
  • Edge of the playoffs , new manager is someone that hasn't been mentioned on the manager thread. Leaburn has gone to Southampton in January to replace Che Adams and hasn't really been replaced. 

Injuries are still a major issue in midfield particularly. 
  • edited September 2023
    The usual suspects blindly going to every game, expecting a difference and banging on about supporting the club through, “thick and thin.” and “Charlton Till I Die” bollox!
  • Sponsored links:

• We’ll still be fucking shit
    we’ll still be south east London’s poniest club 
    and we’ll be a month away from facing palace’s u21s at Wembley in the pizza Cnut cup 
  • seth plum said:
    Desperate relegation battle, unless we win our next eight games in a row.
    Can be done taking one game at a time and treating each one like a cup final, only 11v11 and all that.
    If we don't win our next 8 we are in a relegation battle? After 6 league games?

what if we win 3, draw 2 and loose 3?
  • We'll have redefined "rock bottom" again, for about the 15th time in the last decade.

We'll have made headlines on the back pages for being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 1st round after a 3-0 home defeat to Sevenoaks Town.

Languishing in lower mid-table, not quite bad enough to give us the excitement of a relegation battle, just floating in 16th, like a turd that won't flush.

Appleton sacked, with his three year contract paid off in full. After a lengthy recruitment process, he is then reappointed on a new 5 year contract after John Sitton, Joe Kinnear and Peter Taylor all reject our approaches.
  • MrLargo said:
    We'll have made headlines on the back pages for being knocked out of the FA Cup in the 1st round after a 3-0 home defeat to Sevenoaks Town.
    You'll be relieved to know they're out... Lost to Whitehawk in the last round
  • Rumour has it the new consortium are looking to sell after realising Methven has lied to them about the amount of "cash" needed to get a  return.  Charlton academy now making up the bulk of the team and doing ok to keep us at the top of the lower half of the table.

• MrLargo said:
    We'll have redefined "rock bottom" again, for about the 15th time in the last decade.

Languishing in lower mid-table, not quite bad enough to give us the excitement of a relegation battle, just floating in 16th, like a turd that won't flush.

Appleton sacked, with his three year contract paid off in full. After a lengthy recruitment process, he is then reappointed on a new 5 year contract after John Sitton, Joe Kinnear and Peter Taylor all reject our approaches.

and the terry fuckwit basis of our support will still be extolling the virtues of each and every Kenny Cantkickaball who plays for us and questioning why fans are so negative 
  • seth plum said:
    Desperate relegation battle, unless we win our next eight games in a row.
    If we don't win our next 8 we are in a relegation battle? After 6 league games?

what if we win 3, draw 2 and loose 3?
    Then the promotion battle looks lost.
  • In 6 months

At least one of the gang of four will have left for undisclosed reasons 

We'll be looking for a new manager as Appleton has been poached by Blackburn after we went on a 15 game unbeaten run. Golfie is complaining that too many were draws

We are 8th in the league which RonnieMoore declares is success and only another five transfer windows needed for promotion.

Tony Keohane has been made redundant.

Source?
  • We’ll still be fucking shit - This
    we’ll still be south east London’s poniest club - This
    and we’ll be a month away from facing palace’s u21s at Wembley in the pizza Cnut cup - As if we're getting out of the Group stage; competition's highest scorers, competition's worst defence after Group phase

• A brief flurry of excitement with a thread telling us that we need 2.1 points per game to scrape into the playoffs if it's a low entry point. Then, a couple of dodgy defeats, after which everyone says it's possible still if we score 2.8 points per game until it becomes 3.1 per game and someone finds the record low for scraping into the playoffs.