Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Fleetwood Town : Saturday 2nd September 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Whatever it is I like having 2 wingers on the pitch. Let's see if May can lead the line on his own.
    Not usually a skill possessed by the 5 foot 4 I'm afraid.
  • Just noted Kirk is on the bench. 

Good encouragement or strange. You decide.
  • sm said:
    Whatever it is I like having 2 wingers on the pitch. Let's see if May can lead the line on his own.
    Not usually a skill possessed by the 5 foot 4 I'm afraid.
    Yeah, I mean that Aguero fella was proper bobbins!
  • edited September 2023
    Loved the comment from Scott when looking at the bench "We have Kirk on the bench if pushing for a winner"...yeah, ok Scotty, good luck with that one...🙄
  • Just noted Kirk is on the bench. 

Good encouragement or strange. You decide.
    With the wingers we're playing today, the only backup now is Kirk.
  • I hope Leaburn doesn't play today, I feel like it's too early and we've named him on the bench as some kind of positive "he's back!" diatribe
  • edited September 2023
    sam3110 said:
    I hope Leaburn doesn't play today, I feel like it's too early and we've named him on the bench as some kind of positive "he's back!" diatribe
    "Okay we've maybe not signed the players you wanted in the Transfer Window... But HEY look whose back"

Tis But A Scratch GIF - Monty Python And The Holy Grail Black
  • Could be on for the lowest Saturday league attendance. Feels empty inside today 
  • Maybe Kirk might do better with Edun playing behind him.

Hopefully the game will be well out of sight before any thought of him having to come on anyway. 
  • On another note... Its really leaves me a bit miffed that F1 decide to do Qualifying @ 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Need to sort their shit out with timings
  • Sponsored links:

• When he comes on...

Kirk to dribble past 5 players and curl one into the top corner for the winner, or...

Kirk to run around aimlessly and miss a tackle on the half way line leading to a Fleetwood breakaway winner.
  • The new signings all introduced on the pitch, which was a nice touch
  • Seems a bit silly doing a big welcome for new players when current turnover is so high.
  • edited September 2023
    Good intro to The Covered End for "the newbies"...welcome to The Valley...a bit more empty than we would all like, but that will change come the results...
  • Jesus, hope these new signings are better at football than clobber selection ffs. State of em

Nb - Joke BTW, before it starts someone off

Reckon you could introduce all the fans on to the pitch the size of the crowd!

Looks like there's still 3 hours to go until kickoff.

All out for 6 months injured now
  • The Fleetwood Masses
  • edited September 2023
    ‘Is that all you take away’ 😉
  • If the players give as much effort as the flag waver closest to the tunnel today we'll be alright. She's proper giving it some
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    If the players give as much effort as the flag waver closest to the tunnel today we'll be alright. She's proper giving it some
    Lad next to her looks in danger of getting a flag to the head if she accidentally lets go
  • Just watch interview with Dobson saying thinks we’ve been unlucky could easily had 9 or 10 points and I think this is part of the problem the team think they should be beating all the teams in this division week in week out there is a lack of respect for the oppression and by leaving 1 player at the back to try and win the game backs up the theory we need to earn the right to beat these teams through work rate. Not just think we should win 
  • HERE COME THE TEAMS... WOOOOOOOO
  • Well done those there. Please, can i have a birthday wish come true. 3 points lads. 
  • Must be one of the worst attendances for a Saturday 3pm league match at home for some time. 
  • Late kick off again?
  • 'Kin hell... Scott Brown walking up to our Dugout like he wants to do nothing more than start a fight
  • Someone keep an eye on the directors box for our next manager...🤔
  • Kick off
  • Off_it said:
    Late kick off again?
    Only 3 mins late this week, by the end of the season it'll be 3pm
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!