Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Fleetwood Town : Saturday 2nd September 2023 : KO 3:00pm

Comments

• The only positive to take from the first half is that we’re somehow level and surely can’t be quite as bad in the second. 

The players look uninterested and are lacking confidence. Up there for one of the worst league performances I’ve seen from us.
  • No energy, no organisation, no interest, no enthusiasm - strolling around…where’s the desire??
  • Do we need to sign some more Watsons?
    Nah, 4 more Campbells and two more Taylors.
  • Very clear that Anderson, Campbell, Asiimwe should not be anywhere near this squad. They will be playing in the national league south in a couple years if this is any indication of their ability.  What happened to the Hector of last year who was decent.  Chem and May look good.  Hope camara and Fraser are back soon and a couple of the new loanees can step up otherwise it is going to be a long year
  • The sub keeper is warming up for 
    Charlton ...

‘The Cat’ should have a good leap on him 😉
  • I agrée with Sir Chris Powell - squad not good enough. 
  • Wonder what the new guys are making of it all...not a lot I would say...🙄
  • That late goal didn't just stave off boos (although I'm fairly confident they'll get an airing around 5pm), fans in the lower Cupboard End, West Stand by the tunnel and in the NW quadrant would have been within their rights to storm the pitch brandishing pitchforks and blazing torches.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Think Innis would have dealt with Stockley. 
    Good goal for May. 
    Crowd was about turn ugly, so just as well. 
    Unfortunately he's playing against Sutton Utd today
  • Trust in Jason. 
  • sam3110 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Good goal for May. 
    By heading him in the chest perhaps. 

The question you should be asking is if Clare would have dealt with it seeing as he was right back last season
    I’m sure it was Anderson rather than Asiimwe who was trying to mark Stockley.
  • Josh Parker has scored again....
  • edited September 2023
    sam3110 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Good goal for May. 
    By heading him in the chest perhaps. 

The question you should be asking is if Clare would have dealt with it seeing as he was right back last season
    Depends if he was switched on defensively because he wasn’t always was he 😉
  • Josh Parker scores for Oxford City 
  • Have to worry about Hector. He is the most experienced defender and just looks uninterested and doing the bare minimum. 
    On his way to becoming the new Chris Gunter if he doesn’t step up.
  • edited September 2023
    Feb 2022, the last time we came back from a goal behind to win according to Brownie, good day to put that record to bed...

• Sides are back out - can't see any changes
  • Sponsored links:

• Back under way. Charlton shooting towards the Covered End in the second period.
  • ross1 said:

Back under way. Charlton shooting towards the Covered End in the second period.
    Optimistic to presume we'll manage a shot
  • Following from afar. As “sign-in” suggests, Charlton from mid sixties. Winning World Cup did wonders for English Football. Season Ticket holder for 30 + years. Now live on IoW.

So sad it has all come to this. Foreign owners/investors/opportunists have done nothing for English Football, or it’s fans. All caused, welcomed, and corruptly supported by the “Premiership” / “English Football League” (sic et vomit).

Enjoy the second half, folks. I feel so sorry for any genuine football supporter this afternoon. A nations heritage thrashed by greed……….

• What fucking side has come out this half? 

• Chem floated it to the edge of the box, Dobson misses his volley. Addicks work it to Tyreece and his shot is palmed just wide
  • Better start to second half:

2 mins played
    3 corners won
    0 goals conceded
  • Hmmm not a bad start... Keeper saves down low for another Charlton corner 
  • Lively first couple of minutes...couple of corners to us, this is better
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!