Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Covid variant..

13»

Comments

• I get paranoid but usually after the event.
    I was sitting in a pub just last week chatting to someone (getting no where with her ffs) and noticed she had a little bit of a cough. Didn't think much about it at the time but then the next day I was like shit that could of been COVID. This sort of thinking has happened a fair few times ever since the start of this pandemic. It's not easy to live with and can be a constant worry. Maybe that's how a few on here who are extra concerned then others might think. I just reassure myself as best as I can and test when I have them or if I ever do have symptoms. 

But then if 5 years ago you had been with someone with a bad cough, you'd be thinking "FFS, I don't want to catch your cold or flu germs" so it's not a new reaction.

People are much more aware of not wanting viruses spread around, the person struggling to work with the flu or a really heavy cold, is less likely to be seen as a real trooper now...
     5 years ago i would have thought about it but that's just cos my father has blood cancer and from that a very low immune system. 5 years ago at Christmas he was in hospital because of a flu.
    However the hysteria from Covid has made me more aware. I think that certain people who worry anyway (jump the fence before you even reach it) this has exacerbated it.

You're right from now on anyone with a cold or cough and "carrying on" is no longer looked at in the same way. A mate of mine who was my manager at work who passed away before this whole thing started used to say "don't bother coming in with you're snotty cold cos i don't fucking want it."  He was ahead of his time. 
  • edited August 2023
    I'm sure most of us have been there, but somebody comes into work coughing and spluttering and then you catch it. It is pretty annoying Covid or something else. When I was a manager I would send people home as I knew one person braving it would result in more days absence overall from other staff.
  • edited August 2023
    Long Covid - incidence vaccinated / unvaccinated 

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/lack-vaccination-severe-illness-tied-higher-risk-long-covid

That won’t fit in with someone’s agenda.
  • I see the bullying of ME14 is getting up a head of steam once again, but isn’t the HoC section of Charlton Life supposed to be the usual place for the personal attacks? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!