Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colin Powell in the museum

A real pleasure to welcome another former player to the museum yesterday,  the great Paddy Powell 

Comments

• Options
    That's some badge 
  • Options
    Please could someone with more knowledge on this let me know why he was loaned to the USA in the middle of his contract? Always thought he was a vital player for us.
  • Options
    Please could someone with more knowledge on this let me know why he was loaned to the USA in the middle of his contract? Always thought he was a vital player for us.
    Money 
  • Options
    Money 
    Nearly backfired, only just staying up, by winning the last game of the season.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I wonder if he still lives in Blackheath?
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back row next to another familiar face, or two 

• Options
    Paddy was one of my favourite players from that era, along with Phil Warman & Richie Bowman
  • Options
    Along with the shirt was a letter from the Tea Men's president 

Looking at the address, he lived 25 houses  away from my Grandparents. Jim Davidson lived literally around the corner as well. 
  • Options
    Colin donated some items to the museum including his 1970s New England Tea Men shirt

and we complain about our shirt, jeeez!
  • Options

• Options
    cafc999 said:

Is that Nicky Johns in goal ?  :D
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Is that Nicky Johns in goal ?  :D
    Could be, played Tampa Bay Rowdies.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The website where the photo comes from say's Phil Parkes in goal
  • Options

• Options
    cafc999 said:

Not Phil Parkes, of that I am certain.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

That's my thoughts too. Looks nothing like him
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

That's my thoughts too. Looks nothing like him

No moustache, centre parting floppy hair, he was well built as well.
  • Options
    Colin Powell must be the best Charlton footballer to transition from non league football.  Quite remarkable ... as David Coleman might've said.
  • Options
    Colin Powell must be the best Charlton footballer to transition from non league football.  Quite remarkable ... as David Coleman might've said.
    Derek Hales also albeit by a step, from Dartford to Luton; Luton to Charlton.

• Options
    Probably still my favourite ever player, by a short head from Kinsella, Killer and a few others. Although he was a classic right winger, his most famous assist, for Killers goal of the season,  was with his left foot. Accurate to the millimeter as usual.
  • Options
    Colin donated some items to the museum including his 1970s New England Tea Men shirt

Squad numbers and names on shirts 15 years before the Premier League brought them in.