Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone getting excited for the new season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Happy new season everybody - think its gonna be a good un - COYR!!
  • Options
    I think I've become so wired for disappointment that I'm still carrying over that arms folded "go on then show me what you've got" mindset.
    But the biggest dampener for me is that I cant get to the bloody game today!
    I know that if I was there the excitement would build and as I walked down Floyd Road that anticipation, that buzz, that joyous feeling of "this is where I belong" would engulf me like it has every opening game for 60+ years.
    At least until 5pm  :)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Always live in hope that this will be the season when Charlton get promoted and Nigels get relegated. Looking to be a good season for Charlton & my local national league south side. Both in hunt for promotion. Charlton promotion and England winning Euro 24. Bring it on.
  • Options
    Yep, don’t remember feeling too excited the last couple of seasons but have definitely increased my expectations over the course of the summer. I’m sure my hopes will be dashed soon enough, but I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts! 
  • Options
    I was excited to go to the valley last week. That's rather dampened my enthusiasm though as it was so bad that first half.

Will be there as ever though - it's my life ha ha
  • Options
    More interested than excited, the signings so far look OK, I'd say there's some more ins and outs to come. I hope there's a bit of patience with Holden if things start slowly, endlessly firing managers (OK, some of them needed firing!) never helps things. I have absolutely no idea how the new regime will shape up but it would be nice to move on from the last ten years of chaos.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    There have been so many false dawns that despite feeling it is coming together I still don't feel that enthusiastic, especially hearing that a number of new players are not going to be ready today.

This will  be the 2nd season my mate has not attended and whose anniversary of his death was three days ago! 

A good display today and a goal or two and I'm sure I'll be buzzing!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Excited No, Anxious Yes:(

A heavy malaise descends on match days and Saturday’s from now till the end of the season will be a nightmare. Maybe I should hibernate for the next 9 months.