Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone getting excited for the new season?

I'm starting to feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.
I absolutely love Charlton & The Valley and can't wait for tomorrow.
I'm not 100% match fit, but next to nothing would stop me from being there tomorrow.
So happy for at least another 22 hours  :)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I'm looking forward to watching Sheff Wed vs Southampton tonight, let alone Charlton tomorrow

The Football season is BLOODY BACK!!
  • Options
    100%.  can’t wait for it to get started. 
  • Options
    Cautious optimism at the moment.
  • Options
    Strangely, yes. 
  • Options
    Similar to Muttley, but more optimism than the last couple of seasons at least. Expect it to last until at least 3.25 tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yes, last season was difficult for me health wise, but I'll look at things with optimism and hopefully enjoy a much better season.
  • Options
    I'm not 100% match fit, but next to nothing would stop me from being there tomorrow.
    Is that you Chucks??
  • Options
    Someone said something earlier today and I was thinking of posting "Ready to Go" myself - "great minds".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both Top songs. Unfortunately haven’t been to The Valley for awhile due to health issues and other situations but hopefully going to make a few games this year as miss it dearly. Do they still play both these songs before Kick off? 
  • Options
    Surprisingly not tbh.  Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow morning. 

It's not really Charlton related but I honestly feel like the season has just finished.  Or has already started.

Maybe the weather, maybe that the cricketing summer has already finished.

It just feels, in away, like this is just a continuation of last season.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's not really Charlton related but I honestly feel like the season has just finished.  Or has already started.

yep that's me too
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Just cos England aren't playing (for the better good of cricket I heard once..) there's still other cricket on. Local teams plus the counties (for me it's Kent and Canterbury is a fucking nightmare to get to so screw the counties) but other than the cricket thing I do agree with you.

I see it as another year in the bog league very similar to the last as I have little faith, like last season, in our team getting automatic promotion. Hope to be proven wrong... 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    You make sure you enjoy tomorrow regardless of the result :)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Loser

;) 

Edit: he says whilst posting on a football forum on a Friday night. Fuck this I'm off to the Millers! 
  • Options
    I am...
  • Options
    Yep looking forward to this season much more than I did this time the last 2 seasons even though I won't be attending any games at least until Christmas due to my health situation.
    Also ive tuned in to tonight's opener on Sky, was pleasantly surprised to see DH make a short cameo appearance in the buld up to the game.
    For those of you going...have a great day....despite the poxy weather! COYR's!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to watching Sheff Wed vs Southampton tonight, let alone Charlton tomorrow

The Football season is BLOODY BACK!!
    Not according to the BBC it isn’t.
    No Football Focus, No Final Score and 
    No Match of the Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always excited for the start of the season, especially without a (men’s) tournament to keep the football going in the summer. 
    No idea what will happen with Charlton, but it will surely be better than last year. 
  • Options
    Can't wait. Window might not be done yet but we've signed some proper players this season, even if they turn out to be rubbish for us in May, Camara and Edun we've brought in some players who anyone would look at as quality L1 signings. New ownership, new start. Good.
  • Options
    Cannot wait, no flight delays please… Really do think this season will be a stormer! COYRs
  • Options
    Alfie's gonna get 20 plus goals, Camara will be POTY, Miles backing us up with 15, Edun is gonna be the missing piece of the puzzle with 10 assists - Chuks will surprise everyone and Fraser will score the goal of the season
  • Options
    Definitely feels like the fastest football has come back in years, not that I'm complaining.

Genuinely think I'll struggle to sleep tonight, tragic 😂
  • Options
    Absolutely pumped for it! Will be watching on the stream while the wife has breakfast with her friend. Just as well because she’s not getting me away from the TV for 2 hours 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Personally, I have had a bit of a semi on for weeks now. :o