Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIPs

I think RIPs are important for Charlton Life.

So I have to ask.  What was wrong with the ones paying tribute to George Alagiah?

Comments

• Options
    There is one that is live:-

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/96385/rip-george-alagiah#latest

Two others were closed as they were created at the same time and there was no need for three identical threads to be running. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    They are important if you want to discuss the life/death etc of that person, but the desperate rush to be the first person to break the news that someone has just lost their life is beyond weird and I can’t be the only one who can’t understand it. Maybe people could start by calming down on that front.

Today, I reacted to start a thread about George Alagiah as soon as I saw it on the news.....and I think at least 2 other Lifers did at the same time. 

No rush to be first, just wanted to share this sad news. 
  • Options
    Thanks Sporadic.  Didn’t realise.  It was not intended as a criticism of admin by the way, who do a wonderful job.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Thanks Sporadic.  Didn’t realise.  It was not intended as a criticism of admin by the way, who do a wonderful job.
    Cheers mate. Means a lot
    Just a small word of praise makes all the difference doesn't it, Rob? - it must make you feel fulfilled in your role.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate. Means a lot
    Just a small word of praise makes all the difference doesn't it, Rob? - it must make you feel fulfilled in your role.
    Yeah, people clapping on their doorsteps would make me feel a lot more fulfilled though
    I am doing it now Rob... 👏👏👏
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    bobmunro said:
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate. Means a lot
    Yeah, people clapping on their doorsteps would make me feel a lot more fulfilled though
    I am doing it now Rob... 👏👏👏
    Cheers mate, always count on you for support 
  • Options
    Could all the RIPS come in here, rather than starting a new thread everytime someone dies, it really does my head in at the moment as i've got a lot going on in my family, thankyou!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate. Means a lot

I'm going to hit my pots and pans at midnight on Friday 28/7/23 in tribute to all admin out of my upstairs window like we did for the NHS staff. 
    Thanks guys for your wonderful devotion to the cause. 👏 😢😇

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate. Means a lot

I'm going to hit my pots and pans at midnight on Friday 28/7/23 in tribute to all admin out of my upstairs window like we did for the NHS staff. 

💙
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate. Means a lot

• Options
    7% pay rise be nice n all
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Should be 15 % with all your hard work
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Tell that to the pwers that be @AFKABartram
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Tell that to the pwers that be @AFKABartram
    Industrial action?
  • Options
    IMO, there aren't enough RIP threads.

This football talk is boring, i'd much rather talk about 1940s jazz drummers who died of old age.
  • Options
    Back in 2013 I suggested that they had got completely out of hand and the site should be re-named Charlton Death.

It's got worse since. We all get to read/hear about these deaths elsewhere.
  • Options
    Do we need a "RIP RIP thread"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

This football talk is boring, i'd much rather talk about 1940s jazz drummers who died of old age.
    RIP Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, Max Roach, Gene Krupa, Sid Catlett, Chick Webb, Sonny Greer, Papa Jo Jones, Kenny Clarke... 
  • Options
    Buddy Rich, now there's a drummer
  • Options
    Anyone know who started the very first one, is so, let’s get a lynching together.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:

RIP Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, Max Roach, Gene Krupa, Sid Catlett, Chick Webb, Sonny Greer, Papa Jo Jones, Kenny Clarke... 
    you’d enjoy the movie “Whiplash”
  • Options
    Anyone know who started the very first one, is so, let’s get a lynching together.
    He passed away 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:

Roach, Jones, Philly Joe Jones too, Greer, Blakey, maaaaaan they are titans
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:

RIP
  • Options
    He passed away 
    RIP
  • Options
    Even for the Atheists among us, to say RIP seems respectful even though we are destined to be dust.  Maybe I'm wrong and we can have another go and next time around I can be a Man city fan and my soul mate won't end up with someone else.
    Unlikely to be born handsome again and an Adonis but that is the fickle finger of fate !

LIP

Live in peace 🕊️ and seek out the light as there is only one certainly in Life- not beating Millwall 🤦🏻‍♂️

I agree with the famous atheist Philosopher, Ricky Gervais who said "I have nothing to die for but everything to live for".

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:

No mention of Elvin Jones?