Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karoy Anderson

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Jamaica qualified for Copa America 2024 by beating Canada over two legs during the international break.
  • Options
    Copa America?!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Copa America?!
    Checking Wiki it’s best hosted in USA and will have 16 teams, 10 from South America and 6 from North America.

Great opportunity for him if he makes the squad.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    For the last few editions, CONMEBOL have always invited at least two teams to Copa America - usually either from North America or Asia (USA, Japan, Mexico, Qatar..).

I suppose it helps keep the competition fresh, rather than have the same 10 teams all the time.

This upcoming one is going to have six invitees.
  • Options
    No mean feat from Jamaica given the talent in the Canadian team now
  • Options
    edited February 24
    His work rate today was top drawer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was very good although he started to look very tired and could have done with coming off few mins earlier. Not surprised when he worked so hard. 
  • Options
    He had a very good game. I thought his weakness was losing too many headers if I am being picky.
  • Options
    He was my MOM again today.
    I didn't feel he was quite ready until Jones brought him back in.
    Jones has totally transformed Karoy's game, as well as Kanu's and improved pretty much everyone.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Which family has most footballers? The Charles-Cooks or the Sodjes?
    Bradley, Martin, Clive and Paul Allen.  I think there was another Allen, Les?
  • Options
    Starting to see the player that we had in pre-season again
  • Options
    I thought he was pretty anonymous for the first half hour. Grew into the game and played well second half. Just not sure it's the right time for him to be starting regularly considering a) the run we are on and his age and b) the other options available in his position.

Yesterday was the best I've seen from him though and he's not the biggest problem we have by any means.
  • Options
    edited February 25
    I thought that was a picture of Thierry Small at first glance :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is still very raw and needs a loan. He runs around, challenges but his decision making is poor. Still 1,000 times better than when Appleton was around. 

Shame, if Appleton hadn't destroyed us, he would be learning his trade in a team going through the motions and not a relegation battle. He isn't to blame for that.
  • Options
    I really like Karoy but also feel there was a sliding doors moment when the decision was made to try him instead of Jason Adigun.
    Unless I am missing something obvious, watching both players as they were coming through there was hardly a fag paper difference between them.
  • Options
    Totally different player to the one that played vs Lincoln. 2 weeks ago he hid, slow to react and was poor. 

Yesterday he was excellent and had a desire to get on the ball, was quick to react to the 2nd ball and got better as the game progressed. Much like his performance up at Bolton by all accounts. Great to see and long may it continue! 
  • Options
    To think how much the club whittered on about Apple's being a great coach and improving the young players.  Anderson and Kanu have been transformed since he left.
    Appleton used to blame our youth and inexperience for poor results, to try and make excuses and deflect away from his own shortcomings. Jones has embraced it, given both of them serious backing and belief, and is getting the rewards 

Imagine the confidence it must give Kanu to be selected ahead of Ladapo/May, and Anderson ahead of our 25 central midfield options 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He is still very raw and needs a loan. He runs around, challenges but his decision making is poor. Still 1,000 times better than when Appleton was around. 

Shame, if Appleton hadn't destroyed us, he would be learning his trade in a team going through the motions and not a relegation battle. He isn't to blame for that.
    If Anderson needs a loan what does that say about Watson, Fiorini etc who can’t even make the bench?

Anderson has improved us in a way those two didn’t appear able to. He’s one of those young players who for me doesn’t need a loan, he’s shown he’s good enough to learn here.

I’d agree if we were fighting for promotion as he’d likely be nowhere near starting, but he’s in the team because he’s offering more than other players, despite his weaknesses. 
    They won't be here next season, Anderson will be and im glad that an academy player is getting minutes over a loan but If we stay up and Anderson is the mainstay of our midfield, we will be in trouble. He needs to be managed otherwise he won't develop. One of the reasons for his dip in form was too much too soon.

we potentially have a player on our hands here, let's develop him properly. 
  • Options
    Karoy plays bcause he’s learning his craft and is being told new things to do. And he’s learning as he goes.   Fiorini and Watson might think they’ve already made it so aren’t doing what is asked of them.
    to s manager it’s important the players do what they are asked