Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alfie May - signed for Birmingham (p56 - confirmed & video message from him)

1616263646567»

Comments

• edited August 21
    sam3110 said:
    I highly doubt, if May had played in both of our league games so far, he'd have a goal to his name yet.
    He'd have likely scored the penalty at least in the cup...
  • NJ and the club were already aware last season.
    Makes more sence now that the leagues top scorer was benched!
    Are you a legitimate source or a Ronnie Moore alt? 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Close the thread and the obsession of ex players 
    Close the accounts of Lifers who seek to dictste what threads should or should not exist. 
    And of lifers who seek to have accounts of other lifers closed?

Eh, what's that you say? No not mine, i added a qiestion mark 😀
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Close the accounts of Lifers who seek to dictste what threads should or should not exist. 
    Close the accounts of people who can’t spell dictate 😁
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Be careful you Moderators...you also fall within Prague's remit of course...🤔🙄
  • sam3110 said:
    I highly doubt, if May had played in both of our league games so far, he'd have a goal to his name yet.
    What part of league game did you not understand?

He wouldn't have played in the cup game anyway, or certainly not started it
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

He may not have scored but I think he'd have been a more natural striker than Campbell would have been in the first two games. 

It's over now and he's sold so I don't care. But anyone that thinks May wouldn't have been an improvement to our starting eleven than Campbell up front is deluded. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

He may not have scored but I think he'd have been a more natural striker than Campbell would have been in the first two games. 

It's over now and he's sold so I don't care. But anyone that thinks May wouldn't have been an improvement to our starting eleven than Campbell up front is deluded. 
    And who is saying that?! The only delusion here is coming from you
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Let's be honest... he probably would have. TC broke their line a few times and cut back, Alfie would have just got in the mixer and shot. He is the best player we have had at running off the shoulder and being in the right place at the right time for a long, long time
  • edited August 21
    DubaiCAFC said:
    You're one of them aren't you? (Thread-closer, not moderator🤣)

As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier, I read nearly all those threads. I think that keeping an eye on players who were with us is educational. They leave and we have certain perceptions about them. Following them can show us the extent to which we called them correctly. Take JonJo Shelvey. I was sure he would be an England regular. What I could not see in his all too brief time with us was that he had a "side" to him. Simon Francis, has any player done a better job of saying "fuck you" to Charlton fans? As for Dobbo, the one you want closed own most of all, part of me is sorry he didn't go to Fehervar. If he had done well, and if they had done well, and managed to stay in the EuroConf League until at least September (they didn't, btw), that would have been something well worth thinking about. But hey, if you don't want to think about it, that's OK. Don't open the thread, nobody will notice, and you'll have more time to spend on Wordle, which is fine too - I couldn't even tell you what that is,  but I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with Charlton, right?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 21
    DubaiCAFC said:

As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier, I read nearly all those threads. I think that keeping an eye on players who were with us is educational. They leave and we have certain perceptions about them. Following them can show us the extent to which we called them correctly. Take JonJo Shelvey. I was sure he would be an England regular. What I could not see in his all too brief time with us was that he had a "side" to him. Simon Francis, has any player done a better job of saying "fuck you" to Charlton fans? As for Dobbo, the one you want closed own most of all, part of me is sorry he didn't go to Fehervar. If he had done well, and if they had done well, and managed to stay in the EuroConf League until at least September (they didn't, btw), that would have been something well worth thinking about. But hey, if you don't want to think about it, that's OK. Don't open the thread, nobody will notice, and you'll have more time to spend on Wordle, which is fine too - I couldn't even tell you what that is,  but I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with Charlton, right?

Well...that told me didn't it, I think🤔
    I don't think I have ever been told off so eloquently and with such passion, sounds like you took my post far too personally mate, it was meant as a lighthearted comment...can we be on the same side now...🤞
  • DubaiCAFC said:

I don't think I have ever been told off so eloquently and with such passion, sounds like you took my post far too personally mate, it was meant as a lighthearted comment...can we be on the same side now...🤞
    Well most of it was meant as a more general comment about closing threads ( aka closing down discussions) about former players. Perhaps I didn’t need to pick a thread you personally like which I ignore. A better example would have been Player Marks. I think they are inane, but they were started by the tabloid media long before the web was invented, so why wouldn’t ordinary fans do the same, and then fall out with each other over them. I’d rather pull out my own teeth than get involved in that but to misquote the politican, i defend your right to mark down whichever hapless player pissed you off last weekˇ😉
  • edited August 27
    https://x.com/lewis_tn4/status/1828460102816350591?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

“… it wasn’t done to make money - it was done on the recommendation of the manager who wanted to redeploy that money into other areas, but nonetheless it definitely had an effect on fan sentiment …”
  • Well that's settled then.
  • https://x.com/lewis_tn4/status/1828460102816350591?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

“… it wasn’t done to make money - it was done on the recommendation of the manager who wanted to redeploy that money into other areas, but nonetheless it definitely had an effect on fan sentiment …”
    Deleted. What did it say and who said it?
  • that video was edited , and was not what was said … sad individual.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Well most of it was meant as a more general comment about closing threads ( aka closing down discussions) about former players. Perhaps I didn’t need to pick a thread you personally like which I ignore. A better example would have been Player Marks. I think they are inane, but they were started by the tabloid media long before the web was invented, so why wouldn’t ordinary fans do the same, and then fall out with each other over them. I’d rather pull out my own teeth than get involved in that but to misquote the politican, i defend your right to mark down whichever hapless player pissed you off last weekˇ😉
    I (want to) believe the cumulative information within the player marks system, however imperfect it may be, gives a pretty good idea of the rank order of our players in matches and over the season.
    Even given that it can contain extremes.
  • He's only scored 4 in 4 for BCFC and bound to hit a dry spot soon.      It may might even stretch to 2 games.   

Everyone relax.     NJ's got this. 
  • Is there a Darren Bent Bent Bent thread we could reopen, I mean I read in the matchday programme, he’s recently turned 40, but I’m sure he could still do a job 😯
  • Is there a Darren Bent Bent Bent thread we could reopen, I mean I read in the matchday programme, he’s recently turned 40, but I’m sure he could still do a job 😯
    Bent at 40 would still be quicker than Ahadme tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• posted a smaller screenshot on the Ahadme about his fee thread but looks like we got £800k and Alfie May is on triple the wages, no way we could compete with that 
  • fenaddick said:
    posted a smaller screenshot on the Ahadme about his fee thread but looks like we got £800k and Alfie May is on triple the wages, no way we could compete with that 
    If I hadn't seen such riches
    I could live with being poor
  • fenaddick said:
    posted a smaller screenshot on the Ahadme about his fee thread but looks like we got £800k and Alfie May is on triple the wages, no way we could compete with that 
    Didn't have to, we could've just rejected the transfer. 
    Should have. 
  • fenaddick said:
    If I hadn't seen such riches
    I could live with being poor
    Oh siddddaaarrrnn
  • se9addick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Should have. 
    If another employer offered you 3x your current wage and your employer said no we ain’t letting you go would that somewhat tarnish your relationship with your current employer??
  • AndyG said:
    se9addick said:
    fenaddick said:
    Should have. 
    If another employer offered you 3x your current wage and your employer said no we ain’t letting you go would that somewhat tarnish your relationship with your current employer??
    We'll never know because we were halfway kicking him out of the door by the time Birmingham came knocking. 
    Exactly 
    if he wasn’t for sale the conversation wouldn’t have existed 
    did they offer to treble Leaburns wages ….