Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alfie May - signed for Birmingham (p56 - confirmed & video message from him)

Comments

• Why are people obsessed with ex players. Will no doubt clap him when he comes back … I’ll be calling him a c###
  • Apparently, he didn't touch the ball all game and scored a penalty which most of us could potentially emulate. :)
  • Scoham said:
    gmantaxi said:
    Why are people obsessed with ex players. Will no doubt clap him when he comes back … I’ll be calling him a c###
    If you’re not interested why did you open the thread?
    Just offering my opinion, you’ll no doubt be happy clapping him !
  • I'll always be curious to see how players get on, whether they go on to better things, or worse off than us.

The only aspect I can't stand is when fans treat the players as being bigger than the club, or when we start getting comments like... "May would have scored that" etc.

They're gone... They can't impact our games.

We survived before they showed up here, we'll (hopefully) survive long after them, if we don't it won't be because of those individuals. 
  • The best thing to do with an ex player when they come back is simply ignore them. No booing or clapping. Make them feel insignificant, it's the best way to dent their ego. That's what I'll be doing when Alfie comes back. 
  • Apparently, he didn't touch the ball all game and scored a penalty which most of us could potentially emulate. :)
    That’s what a good striker does, thank god Jones ventured forward to show ours how it’s done 
  • Unfortunate start to Birmingham’s barnstorming promotion season when they bought a bargain priced prolific goal scorer from a team that prolifically drew their league games last season…surely Jones didn’t know something the rest of us all missed did he ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rubbish, he couldn’t even score in open play … no loss at all 😉
  • Well, he didnt score on his debut for us & still got 23 goals last season. Perhaps he'll get more than that this season. 

So far he's got more than any of our forwards.
    So far we have more wins and more points than Birmingham. 
    Threads not about a team.....its about a player.
  • Think he'll be fine once he gets someone alongside him, he's not a one up top type player.
    From August last year when he didn't score in a couple of the first games.

He was more than fine once he got someone alongside him.

Hopefully Birmingham leave him upfront on his own.
  • Well, he didnt score on his debut for us & still got 23 goals last season. Perhaps he'll get more than that this season. 

Who cares if Alfie May has scored more than any of our forwards. All I care about is Charlton and how many points we have.  At the moment (and yes, i appreciate its after 1 game), we have a 100% record and have not conceded a goal. I really dont care that Alfie may had one kick and that was a penaly.

Who cares if Alfie May has scored more than any of our forwards. All I care about is Charlton and how many points we have.  At the moment (and yes, i appreciate its after 1 game), we have a 100% record and have not conceded a goal. I really dont care that Alfie may had one kick and that was a penaly.
    Hopefully he can score 30 goals this season if that’s around the number of games Birmingham end up drawing…
  • If we finish above Birmingham we’ll have had a very good season. 

Fair play to Reading considering they’ve been through the wringer for a good while. 
  • Well given that his transfer fee add ons are probably number of goals based, I hope he scores 30 but they lose most games 3-2
  • late penalty from May gets a point for the moneybags Brummies
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 in 2 games for Brum.....how many have our forwards got?.....oh !!!!
  • ct_addick said:
    2 in 2 games for Brum.....how many have our forwards got?.....oh !!!!

How many points do  Brum have?
  • ct_addick said:
    2 in 2 games for Brum.....how many have our forwards got?.....oh !!!!

How many points do  Brum have?
  • What does it matter? The bloke wanted to leave for family reasons 
  • NJ and the club were already aware last season.
    Makes more sence now that the leagues top scorer was benched!