Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alfie May - signed for Birmingham (p56 - confirmed & video message from him)

Comments

• I’d wager neither of those two have ever had pie and peas.

”not in the locker room against town”…

stick to baseball you pricks.
  • Just gutted. Everything has already been said. I will miss Alfie and Dobbo next season. I hope Jones knows what he is doing. 

I think the team will miss both of them, Coventry is no replacement for Dobbo & as I said elsewhere I don't think Gas & Godden will score the goals that Alfie gave us between them.
    Time will tell.
    I can't bring myself to 'like' that post, but if we had an agree button I'd press it. 
  • Just gutted. Everything has already been said. I will miss Alfie and Dobbo next season. I hope Jones knows what he is doing. 

I think the team will miss both of them, Coventry is no replacement for Dobbo & as I said elsewhere I don't think Gas & Godden will score the goals that Alfie gave us between them.
    Time will tell.
    I can't bring myself to 'like' that post, but if we had an agree button I'd press it. 
    A certain irony in NJ's comment V Millwall.

“It was a good workout against a perennial Championship side. There’s so much structure and but for a bit more quality in the final third, it would have been a better result for us."
  • Just scored a lovely Alfie goal to put Brum 2-0 up against Rangers. Feel ill! 
  • Just scored a lovely Alfie goal to put Brum 2-0 up against Rangers. Feel ill! 
    Totally unmarked 10 yards from goal.
  • Would struggle to miss tbf - not sure what the Rangers defenders are doing, even Hector and Thomas would put up a better fight than that.

https://x.com/utdbaki/status/1816193400581787708?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
  • Terrible result for Rangers, salt in the wound that Alfie scored! 
  • 7k of Rangers fans at Birmingham tonight 
  • 7k of Rangers fans at Birmingham tonight 
    Sweaties thought they'd have something to cheer after the summer  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Are people going to whine on here every time he scores a goal, even if it's in preseason? Sounds exhausting
    Well I'm sure that Golfie is just about to "remind" us all that Godden and Ahadme haven't scored yet.... so I'm going to do it first.

(But actually who gives a shit, so long as we score in games that matter.)
  • thenewbie said:
    Are people going to whine on here every time he scores a goal, even if it's in preseason? Sounds exhausting
    Well I'm sure that Golfie is just about to "remind" us all that Godden and Ahadme haven't scored yet.... so I'm going to do it first.

I'd hope it wouldn't come to that. Only saving grace currently is that Ahadme & Godden haven't had much game time, with Jones preferring Campbell up top instead. Time will tell though. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Are people going to whine on here every time he scores a goal, even if it's in preseason? Sounds exhausting

I'd hope it wouldn't come to that. Only saving grace currently is that Ahadme & Godden haven't had much game time, with Jones preferring Campbell up top instead. Time will tell though. 
    With two more games to go it’s almost as if we go into the season undercooked.
  • I think he regrets signing for Birmingham, does anyone know if his contract with them is legally binding ?
  • Yann897 said:
    thenewbie said:

I’d say it’s the most prepared with gone in to a season since Powells promotion in fact I can’t think of one coming close to either.
    Obviously supposedly more players being looked at but this looks like the best planned preseason we’ve had for a while. I’ve posted elsewhere that Saturday’s game at Wimbledon, with hopefully a good turnout from Charlton fans to encourage the players, should be treated as the ‘last’ preseason friendly match and the Pompey home game the following week should be treated as the first game of the season so that we hit the ground running against Wigan and don’t have that bewildered first day back at school look about us that most teams have on day 1 of a new season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    this and the Dobson thread read like the diaries of stalking exes 
    Exactly - it’s so tedious. 
  • Does anyone know if he’s seeing anyone? Not that I care obvs.
  • Yann897 said:
    thenewbie said:

I’d say it’s the most prepared with gone in to a season since Powells promotion in fact I can’t think of one coming close to either.
    hit the ground running against Wigan and don’t have that bewildered first day back at school look about us that most teams have on day 1 of a new season.
    We usually have that look about us for the first half of the season. 
  • There’s a thread on here still about Sean Clare I think Dobbo will take a while to get over.
  • Rothko said:
    this and the Dobson thread read like the diaries of stalking exes 

DubaiCAFC said:
    Boring move on

Both players I have enjoyed watching play for Charlton and therefore personally find it interesting to hear how they get on with their new clubs.

No one has to open threads if they don't like the subject and find it boring.
  • Are people going to whine on here every time he scores a goal, even if it's in preseason? Sounds exhausting
    Probably , and yes it is exhausting , he's gone people , forget about him (until we buy him back in January for 2 million, when Birmingham gets points deducted for FFP).