Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Ramsdale isn’t very good at playing out from the back as a lot of modern keepers are. They were talking about it on Talksport the other day and he wasn’t in the top ten of PL for that. Lots of missplaced passes etc.
  • Options
    I don't understand how it is possible for Arsenal to be spending so much on players in the last two years and not be breaching ffp.
  • Options
    I don't understand how it is possible for Arsenal to be spending so much on players in the last two years and not be breaching ffp.
    They fill a 60k stadium while charging the highest prices in the league.
  • Options
    PL money + Champions League money is huge. 
  • Options
    Ramsdale isn’t very good at playing out from the back as a lot of modern keepers are. They were talking about it on Talksport the other day and he wasn’t in the top ten of PL for that. Lots of missplaced passes etc.
    This.  He's an excellent shot stopper, no doubt about it but it will be his ability with the ball at his feet that Arteta will be most worried about.  Can think of at least 5-6 occasions last season he gifted the ball straight to the opposition under pressure.  Have said the same to my Arsenal mates and they all agree he is the weak link at the back, along with Gabriel.

• Options
    Talking of keepers, Chelsea have just signed Robert Sanchez from Brighton for £25m plus add-ons.

I hadn't realised that Ben Roberts is now a GK coach at Chelsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66399583
  • Options
    Odd one. Ramsdale made a couple of mistakes but generally I thought he had a decent season. Certainly think it could be better spent on a right-back or another striker. 
    They have Ben White and Tomiyasu at right back and just signed Timber. RB is probably the one spot they don't need a signing. Or did you mean LB?

100% agree they need another striker, Jesus is apparently out for 6 weeks and i don't think Nketiah is good enough. They have Balogun but seemingly want to cash in on him rather than play him.
  • Options
    Talking of keepers, Chelsea have just signed Robert Sanchez from Brighton for £25m plus add-ons.

Have Brighton signed anyone, seem to have sold a few this summer
  • Options
    They have just signed a new deal with Emirates which is over 50m a year, back in the CL now, and they sell out 60k every game with the most expensive prices in the world as well. For a category A game their cheapest adult ticket is £70!
  • Options

Have Brighton signed anyone, seem to have sold a few this summer
    Joao Pedro from Watford, a keeper from Anderlecht, plus James Milner and a midfielder from Dortmund both on frees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also signed Igor (CB) from Fiorentina. 
  • Options
    They've also so far kept Estupinan and Caicedo, 2 big players for them
  • Options
    Caicedo will surely leave. Chelsea have messed around for ages but i'm convinced they'll end up paying what Brighton want (or close to it).
  • Options
    Been told tonight Bayern Munich have finally put £100m cash + add ons on the table for Kane.

Levy would be mad to turn that down now.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Been told tonight Bayern Munich have finally put £100m cash + add ons on the table for Kane.

Yup, he's not worth more than 70m in today's market IMO, he's 30 years old and in the last year of his contract, and can sign a pre contract agreement for them as early as January. Plus you do it now and you have some money to buy a replacement and/or strengthen the squad
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yup, he's not worth more than 70m in today's market IMO, he's 30 years old and in the last year of his contract, and can sign a pre contract agreement for them as early as January. Plus you do it now and you have some money to buy a replacement and/or strengthen the squad
    I'm still surprised that Man U and Chelsea didn't go for him. Yes he'd cost 100m but he doesn't rely on pace so they'd still easily get a few years out of him.

At the end of his 4th season he'd still only be 33 which isn't old at all, especially as he's what i'd consider a model pro who looks after himself.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Personally I think Bayern is the perfect place for Kane to go. 99.99% guaranteed to win trophies, high end Champions League football and avoids having to play against Spurs. 3 years there, he can then return home with lots of silverware.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

I'm still surprised that Man U and Chelsea didn't go for him. Yes he'd cost 100m but he doesn't rely on pace so they'd still easily get a few years out of him.

At the end of his 4th season he'd still only be 33 which isn't old at all, especially as he's what i'd consider a model pro who looks after himself.
    Yeah 100m isn’t a lot for a player of his quality, He’s said he’s never felt better and he will still be a frightening centre forward at 33/34. Stick him on a 4 year contract, 25m a season for a 30+ goal scorer is peanuts nowadays.
  • Options
    United would pay the £100m, but Levy has made it clear he won't sell to a prem club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    United would pay the £100m, but Levy has made it clear he won't sell to a prem club.
    If Kane decides he doesn’t wanna go Bayern, he can just move to united next season on a free. Levy would rather the £100m I bet…
  • Options
    If Kane decides he doesn’t wanna go Bayern, he can just move to united next season on a free. Levy would rather the £100m I bet…
    Nope
  • Options
    Bayern will have no issue selling him to United in a couple of years.

The top level modern day striker now plays well into their mid/late 30s. Benzema, Lewandowski both arguably didn’t peak until they’d reached early 30s.
  • Options
    Manchester City have signed Gvardiol, great signing I think - upgrade on Akanji or Ake (good players but I think Gvardiol is better).

Suspect Laporte will leave.

Manchester United have signed Rasmus Hojland.  Got a feeling he'll have an iffy first season, will be interesting if they show him some patience if so, he's only 20.
  • Options
    Manchester City have signed Gvardiol, great signing I think - upgrade on Akanji or Ake (good players but I think Gvardiol is better).

Suspect Laporte will leave.

Manchester United have signed Rasmus Hojland.  Got a feeling he'll have an iffy first season, will be interesting if they show him some patience if so, he's only 20.
    Gvardiol will excel I think, really pacey too for a centre back.

I think Højlund will be a massive flop personally
  • Options
    Gets said every year but prices are insane. 

No probs with Gvardiol fee as think he is special but 40m for likes of Livramento is madness 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    In Sheffield for the weekend so decided to take in the Sheff Utd friendly against Stuttgart (3-0 to the Germans). Only a friendly but Utd were so poor, only Berge showed any signs of quality. Their new forward Traore looks very lightweight and Stuttgart (a team that survived relegation via the relegation playoff) cut through them with ease. Could have easily been 5 or 6 nil.

They're going to miss Ndiaye hugely. Still time to boost their ranks and caveat of it only being a friendly but they look like they are going to have a difficult season.

Wouldn't mind stealing some of Stuttgart's players - I'm sure they'd trade the Bundesliga for life in league one!
  • Options
    In Sheffield for the weekend so decided to take in the Sheff Utd friendly against Stuttgart (3-0 to the Germans). Only a friendly but Utd were so poor, only Berge showed any signs of quality. Their new forward Traore looks very lightweight and Stuttgart (a team that survived relegation via the relegation playoff) cut through them with ease. Could have easily been 5 or 6 nil.

They're going to miss Ndiaye hugely. Still time to boost their ranks and caveat of it only being a friendly but they look like they are going to have a difficult season.

Wouldn't mind stealing some of Stuttgart's players - I'm sure they trade the Bundesliga for life in league one!
    They look weaker than Luton at the moment
  • Options
    Brighton have agreed a 40m fee with Ajax for Mohammed Kudus.
  • Options
    Kudus to them…