Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

As the Fantasy League is back up, good time to start the new thread.

Comments

• Options
    City are going to win it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Luton being my local team might make me actually take notice, even the Dream Teams I lose interest after a month.
  • Options
    Should be as a good a season as we've had for a long time.

City will obviously be favourites.
    Arsenal have bought very well.
    United will be stronger and look like getting a new keeper but they still haven't bought a striker.
    Liverpool have addressed their midfield issues and should be much better.
    Chelsea with Poch and getting rid of a lot of dead wood should be much better.
    Spurs with Ange and the style of football he plays will look to be better as well.
    Newcastle i think will have a tough task to juggle CL football and compete for the top 4. I think Howe has done an incredible job but i'd be surprised if they're up there again.
    Villa have bought very well and will be looking to gatecrash the top 6.
    Brighton will have to cope with once again selling their best players, and also have to juggle European football, so i think it'll be much tougher for them this season.

Still a long way to go in the transfer window but if pushed now my top 4 prediction would be City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United.
  • Options
    Zaha hasn't actually left yet has he?

Albeit I think they've got better players now, Eze and Olise for example.
  • Options
    I have to say, the more I've looked at how Ange plays, how he manages/coaches... I'm mildly optimistic.

Getting Maddison in was massive for us.
    Getting in a half-decent goalkeeper was important (Disclaimer: I know nothing about him but if Buffon says he's top quality, you have to believe him!)
    Looks like we're after 2 if not 3 CBs.  Tapsoba and Van Der Van.  Both look big, strong, bloody quick and can pass the ball.  Either or Both would be a huge upgrade in the likes of Dier, Sanchez and Davies.  Sounds like we're also sniffing around Tosin Adarabioyo.  Sounds like its going to be 2 of them 3 along with Lenglet on a free from Barcelona.

A midfield of Bissouma, Bentancur (when he's back end of Sep/beg of Oct) and Maddison looks promising on paper.
    Presumably now with a fully fit Sonny and Kulusevski, we can't be at bad as last year.

But yet again, I think anything else we do will come down to:

(1) how much Levy prices up the deadwood and whether it shifts (see Dier, Davies, Lloris - presumably on a free, Perisic - again on a free, Sanchez, maybe Sessegnon).
    (2) whether Levy does sell Kane to the highest bidder.

If we make top 6, I'll be happy.  I'd like us to try and win one of the domestic cups rather than treating them with contempt like we tend to do.
    Just to play on the front foot will be a start in all honesty.  It doesn't look like Ange knows anything else but to play that way.

Top 3 will be Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if Poch got Chelsea playing well again.

I'm going:

Man City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    United
    Spurs, Newcastle and Villa jostling for 6-8th.

Going down: Luton, Sheff United and my outsider, Wolves.  They seem to be losing players at an alarming rate right now.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Arsenal finally getting a good season out of Xhaka and then getting £20m for him is good going given most of their fans would have been happy to just let him go last summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66120275
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Luton have had to postpone their first home game because the stadium won't be ready:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66207080

• Options
    So Spurs are heading off the the Far East without two new CBs and without Lenglet.
    Levy never learns, does he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    So England now have two £100m players, Grealish and Rice, and Bellingham (add ons) and Kane (potentially) could join them.
  • Options
    Surely no one would pay 100m for Kane ? 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Wait Tilda next transfer, that will be higher.That deserves more than a Lol! A giant groan!!!
  • Options
    Why are people using the 22-23 thread instead of this one?
    Thought I’d better stop it disappearing into page 2!
  • Options
    Why are people using the 22-23 thread instead of this one?
    Thought I’d better stop it disappearing into page 2!
    Living in the past!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not surprised!!  He was class last season, so for West Ham to basically come out and put in a bid of just over 1/3 of what they sold Declan Rice was bound to be turned down.
  • Options
    Someone should let Forest Green know they’ll be playing in the Prem from next month…

• Options
    Someone should let Forest Green know they’ll be playing in the Prem from next month…

That is horrible
  • Options
    Well, just watched Spurs lose 3-2 to West Ham in pre-season in Australia but thats the best I've seen Spurs play in a long long time.
    The 3 goals conceded, 2 from set pieces and 1 from a break away after West Ham had been under the cosh for the majority of the game just shows thats Spurs are crying out for new Centre Backs as a matter of urgency.
    If we play every game as attacking as that, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    Chelsea being linked with Moises Caicedo.

They have such an unbalanced squad at the moment - loads of attacking midfielders/wingers, but I think only Gallagher and Enzo Fernandez as far as actual central midfielders go?

Kante, Loftus Cheek, Mount, Kovacic all gone this summer, plus Jorginho in Jan.
  • Options

They have such an unbalanced squad at the moment - loads of attacking midfielders/wingers, but I think only Gallagher and Enzo Fernandez as far as actual central midfielders go?

Gallagher is being linked with West Ham and Dortmund
  • Options

Gallagher is being linked with West Ham and Dortmund
    and Spurs apparently.  Cant see Chelsea dealing with us mind you.
  • Options
    Fernandez is going to have his work cut out then!
  • Options

Oh dear, how sad etc