Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JOE WOLLACOTT JOINS HIBERNIAN

Joe Wollacott has joined Scottish Premiership side Hibernian for undisclosed terms on a permanent deal.
https://www.charltonafc.com/news/joe-wollacott-joins-hibernian

Comments

• Options
    all the best .. did OK for us BUT i m o was not quite good enough
  • Options
    Shame that. So unlucky with his injury and get the fact he wants to be the first choice keeper 
  • Options
    Good Keeper and hopefully this works for him. Good luck to him!
  • Options
    see they have just signed Adam Le Fondre too, thought he was well past it. Good luck to JoJo.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Best wishes Jojo. A bit hard done by to be behind AMB, as both are at a similar level really, but that's the nature of being a keeper, with only one spot available. A decent move for him, and another of last summer's signings off...
  • Options
    not sure AMB is up to scratch after seeing him end of last season.
  • Options
    Mistake I think
    if so you'd think he'd get a better gig than Hibs. He was an ok keeper at our level, no more, although that's where I see AMB too at the moment but he's younger with the potential to improve.
  • Options
    would be nice where we have the same keeper for 3-4 seasons. Feel like we've had a merry go round of keepers recently with none actually being that great overall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not much between him and AMB i feel but i trust Holden's judgement and if the rumours are true about Isted who did well at Barnsley last season coming in on a free then i'm happy with that.
  • Options
    Wish JoJo every success as he leaves our club for pastures new.
  • Options
    Mistake I think
    if so you'd think he'd get a better gig than Hibs. He was an ok keeper at our level, no more, although that's where I see AMB too at the moment but he's younger with the potential to improve.
    He has moved to a higher level than us in midtable League One. 
  • Options
    Best wishes Jojo. A bit hard done by to be behind AMB, as both are at a similar level really, but that's the nature of being a keeper, with only one spot available. A decent move for him, and another of last summer's signings off...
    I think Dobson is the only player in our squad who has started 50 games for us. Very difficult to get any sort of continuity when you have an ever revolving door of players. 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    would be nice where we have the same keeper for 3-4 seasons. Feel like we've had a merry go round of keepers recently with none actually being that great overall.
    Ben Hamer was probably the last keeper who was first choice for a decent period of time.
  • Options
    I liked him and felt he was unlucky.

Good luck JoJo.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
     Very best wishes Jojo.
  • Options
    Will be interested to see who his replacement is. I rate AMB but he has had problems with injuries and concussions
  • Options
    Always felt he was the better of the two goalkeepers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent keeper, wish him well.
  • Options
    Keeper out for a fee and a decent replacement hopefully lined up on a free is good business imo.
  • Options
    Another one in on a free and out for a fee 
  • Options
    Good keeper, can understand letting him go though. Rate AMB higher and He will want to be playing to get into the international squad
  • Options
    Probably £50k or something like that I'd guess?

• Options
    Good luck to him thought he was a good player and unlucky not to play more after his injury.
  • Options

Thought he was OK but not up to the standard of keepers we have had, even in this league. Just hope we get a decent replacement otherwise its up to AMB to stay injury free and to progress. 
  • Options
    Letting him go now that Isted is signing for us?
  • Options
    "Undisclosed terms".  Terms is an odd choice of words - it's usually "undisclosed fee" isn't it?  I'm guessing no money up front but a few quid based on appearances....
  • Options
    Well I hope we have someone lined up otherwise if AMB gets a long term injury then we're f**led.