Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023/24 Fixtures - Orient Home first game

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    Christ, what a poor league it is this year. Real opportunity if we can manage to get some players in...
    Not sure how you arrive at that with Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, Wycombe etc, add in Oxford, Pompey and Exeter who seem to be recruiting well and I would say  its as tough as usual.
    Talking on paper mate. Almost certain in my opinion that Bolton/Derby will be in the automatics. The rest were very hot and cold this season bar maybe Barnsley who looked poor in the play offs. Aren't Wigan having multiple points deductions? If we can't get in that top 6 with some decent signings we've massively fucked it... I know we've been in league one a while now but SURELY we can manage it this season if takeover doesn't drag on too long. 
  • Options
    Orient brings back so many memories of my early days supporting us in the 70's.  Good one to open with, enjoy all you masochists!
  • Options
    Should get good numbers for Posh away 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Wonder if Sky will pick the Orient game and move it to Friday/Sunday.
    Yes midnight 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Surprised the police allowed that 
    hardly Millwall or Palace is it. 
    No, but I thought they never encourage local games on the opening day
    In all fairness it’s Orient. A good family club with respect they will probably only bring around 1,500

Never felt like a club that give it large.

Absolutely nuts that this is probably seen as one of our biggest league games this season home and away xD
    I think you maybe surprised.

Work with an Orient fan and he says there is a real feel good atmosphere about the place atm which means they will have a large turnout for this first game. 
  • Options
    I expect Leyton Orient to sell out the Jimmy Seed first game, and am cautiously optimistic we sell all our away allocation for Boxing Day.
  • Options
    clive said:

Opening Sky Bet EFL matches selected for Sky Sports 

Friday 4 August                            

Sheffield Wednesday v Southampton 

Sunday 6 August 

Leicester City v Coventry City 

Sunday 6 August 

Leeds United v Cardiff City 

Sunday 6 August 

Sunderland v Ipswich Town 

Surprised they haven't selected Wrexham vs Milton Keynes 
  • Options
    the O's away on boxing day is crap 
    Why? It's walkable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought this at first glance but then it’s nothing a 6 seater cab won’t solve.  
  • Options
    I thought this at first glance but then it’s nothing a 6 seater cab won’t solve.  
    Have you put on a bit of timber then mate?  :D
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I expect Leyton Orient to sell out the Jimmy Seed first game, and am cautiously optimistic we sell all our away allocation for Boxing Day.
    Away allocation at Brisbane Road is woeful - we will easily sell it out
  • Options
    Just from a personal point of view, looking at when we are lined up to be in the UK and what plans we have in place already, the fixtures have not worked out well at all. Bristol and Blackpool at home are the only definites. May be able to do Peterborough away, though we have tickets to gig that night so it would be straight from St. Pancras to the venue. 

I think Orient at home is probably the worst game we could possibly have got to start the season with.    
  • Options
    Have you put on a bit of timber then mate?  :D
    Well it is Christmas..
  • Options
    Surprised the police allowed that 
    hardly Millwall or Palace is it. 
    No, but I thought they never encourage local games on the opening day
    In all fairness it’s Orient. A good family club with respect they will probably only bring around 1,500

Never felt like a club that give it large.

Absolutely nuts that this is probably seen as one of our biggest league games this season home and away xD
    I think you maybe surprised.

Work with an Orient fan and he says there is a real feel good atmosphere about the place atm which means they will have a large turnout for this first game. 
    It's a great game for them to start the season with. It would have been quite underwhelming if their first L1 game in ages had been against say Cambridge or Northampton, teams they've played regularly for years.
  • Options
    Orient is the worst game for a team to have on the opening day.   They coasted promotion and will carry that on and beat us.
    This is nothing to do with us but all so often opening day results bring surprises for promoted teams.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Away allocation at Brisbane Road is woeful - we will easily sell it out
    It will be just 1,200 so given Boxing Day it will be a high points + Valley Gold hoover up.

Like Wimbledon, bit gutting when our only local games have such paltry allocations

• Options
    I thought in the past we've had upto 3k at Orient? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Various redevelopments of stands at Brisbane Road have reduced capacity 
  • Options
    Various redevelopments of stands at Brisbane Road have reduced capacity 
    Plus they have more home fans now
  • Options
    clive said:

Opening Sky Bet EFL matches selected for Sky Sports 

Friday 4 August                            

Sheffield Wednesday v Southampton 

Sunday 6 August 

Leicester City v Coventry City 

Sunday 6 August 

Leeds United v Cardiff City 

Sunday 6 August 

Sunderland v Ipswich Town 

Surely they’ll pick a league 1 or 2 game for Saturday 12:30
  • Options
    Wrexham might get a game or 2
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a set of fixtures in 40 years and been so meh
    Orient away with the boys on Boxing Day is as exciting as it gets
    Sorry 
  • Options
    Cheltenham away is the first day also of the Cheltenham festival 👍
  • Options
    BBC has Cheltenham as March 12. CAFC sure says 5th🤔
  • Options
    Cheltenham Town official site says 12th March too