Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2023/24 Fixtures - Orient Home first game

Comments

• Options
    Lincoln & Cheltenham on Tuesday nights is annoying as won’t get to tick off two new grounds.

Booked the £19 morning flight from Gatwick to Glasgow for Carlisle away. Never flown to an away match so one to tick of this season.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Surprised the police allowed that 
    hardly Millwall or Palace is it. 
    No, but I thought they never encourage local games on the opening day
    In all fairness it’s Orient. A good family club with respect they will probably only bring around 1,500

Never felt like a club that give it large.

Absolutely nuts that this is probably seen as one of our biggest league games this season home and away xD
    Think away end will sell out. Will be a lot of interest from Orients fans.
    My figures are based on when we have played them previously, but who knows! I would be surprised if they sold it out completely.

Did we not play Brentford away on the opening day when we first had Bob Peeters and Vetokele etc? It’s not that unheard of is it?
  • Options
    3 of the first 4 games at home. 
  • Options
    Will Orient even sell it out?  I don’t remember them getting near 3k in the years we’ve played them in league one and we was a bigger catch back in the early 2010s.
    They’ve just been promoted, it’s a short journey across the river, it’s the first game of the new season. They will be full of it until we bring them down to earth. They will sell out the away end.
    I get all that, and I hope they do sell out makes the home atmosphere better.  

Maybe they’ll trickle over the line and do it but as I said we was only 3/4 years out the prem in the early 10s and from memory they was nowhere near selling out, perhaps as others have said there’s a feel good factor around them and their away support has improved I know ours has since then.  
  • Options
    Confusion as to the date of Cheltenham away. I’m reading march 5th and march 12th. 
  • Options
    Carlisle away in November. Season over.
    We'll start the season so well, we'll clinch promotion by November.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    You just know Macauley Bonne is going to score for Orient in front of the covered end
    Doubtful. We’ll probably re sign him. 
    £300k I've heard.... Plus add-ons. 
  • Options
    I would imagine that Charlton away is one of the fixtures the Os fans will have been looking forward to most.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just need a side to compete 😀
  • Options
    Confusion as to the date of Cheltenham away. I’m reading march 5th and march 12th. 
    Checked on their website it’s 5th March. The festival is following week so can’t imagine they will be at during that week.
  • Options
    Carlisle away in November. Season over.
    It gets quite wet up there. Might need a pitch inspection and, if called off, put back to late in the season with us expected to still be in all cup competitions until well into March at the earliest.
  • Options
    Derby away game (14/10) could be re-arranged as International week. They have a few players that could be called up. 
  • Options
    Would have been better for both teams if CAFC vs LO (or reverse) was one of the midweeks as there's so much travelling in this Div 1 (north). Good tho that Boxing Day is LO but home for us would be better as as close to a sell out as we will get.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Derby away game (14/10) could be re-arranged as International week. They have a few players that could be called up. 
    As will we. 🤪
  • Options
    This is the extent of our excitement, as Charlton fans!

I may need a cold 🚿 
  • Options
    Would have been better for both teams if CAFC vs LO (or reverse) was one of the midweeks as there's so much travelling in this Div 1 (north). 
    I had thought that too. It's an obvious midweek game. 

10 days later we're home to Bristol Rovers midweek, a game their fans would love to have been on a Saturday.
  • Options

When are the 2023/24 international breaks? 

• September 04-12, 2023 Wigan [a]
    • October 09-17, 2023    Derby [a]
    • November 13-21, 2023 Northampton [h]
    • March 18-26, 2024      Wigan [h]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would imagine that Charlton away is one of the fixtures the Os fans will have been looking forward to most.
    Three easy points?
  • Options
    Three easy points?
    Not if they’ve resigned Bonne;)
  • Options

Opening Sky Bet EFL matches selected for Sky Sports 

Friday 4 August                            

Sheffield Wednesday v Southampton 

Sunday 6 August 

Leicester City v Coventry City 

Sunday 6 August 

Leeds United v Cardiff City 

Sunday 6 August 

Sunderland v Ipswich Town 

• Options
    Great! I'm set to miss the first 3 home games due to domestic commitments.
    Was really hoping for away games on the 5th and 19th
  • Options
    I'm shocked that Sky haven't picked Wrexham to kick off the season  :D
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Christ, what a poor league it is this year. Real opportunity if we can manage to get some players in...
    Not sure how you arrive at that with Bolton, Wigan, Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, Wycombe etc, add in Oxford, Pompey and Exeter who seem to be recruiting well and I would say  its as tough as usual.
  • Options
    be good to start the season with a proper tester .. the Os will be right up for this and we'll need to be right on the case .. the real question is: WHO will be lining up for us ?