Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    We’d accept if he went championship, we’d be annoyed but understand Derby, Wrexham is a joke, but Gillingham is full blown meltdown territory.  
    The closer it gets to the season starting May, his agent and Cheltenham will be looking to get something done. They won’t hang around jeopardising a sale on our account. 
  • Ist signing last summer was O'Connell on the 20th June, the year before it was Stockley on the 15th, so we're currently in that corridor of uncertainty!!!!
  • The timing of the signings is irrelevant yes, sure, we signed loads of good players late on in a transfer window over 10 years ago, cool, but, if the likes of Scully, Dack May etc. players who have been or should be ones we are looking at are signing elsewhere then you start having to look further down your target list. 

And thats where we really shouldnt be shopping anymore.

*Cries in smiths*
  • swordfish said:
    I don't like admitting to having a half empty glass, but I'm just not expecting transfer activity any time soon. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see why TS would be bothered as he's agreed a sale and is probably anticipating it will proceed. I doubt it hinges on what he does in this transfer window. Official updates are meaningless without signings to back them up.
    Agree there’s no motivation for TS to spend money he doesn’t have to but you would think there’s a system for the new owners to pay the fees via TS.
    If that doesn’t happen now then perhaps, worryingly, it says more about the new owners’ ambition. 
  • Ferryman said:
    The one thing we didnt do in the Chris Powell title winning season was dither about signing players,got the majority of our business done early and the rest was history. It's never happened for us since and cant see it changing all the while TS is in charge
    I was beginning to be sucked in to the optimism that we had a very decent budget and recruitment was advanced and going well, players shown around Sparrows, but the fact that we’ve not signed anyone including our top target (?) Alfie May who is reported as actually wanting to come with fee agreed with his club is starting to ring alarm bells. The are of course any number of reasons why we’re having problems but you can’t get past the idea that we don’t have the money or aren’t offering enough to attract the players we want. Not completely freaked out yet but concerned.
    And therein lies why I am yet to renew ST
    So we are not offering enough yet the club have accepted it …. yeah ok 
    An accepted offer means nothing unless the club making the offer is in a position to transfer the cash & complete the deal.

It remains to be seen whether Charlton can do the above whilst TS is in control.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    We’d accept if he went championship, we’d be annoyed but understand Derby, Wrexham is a joke, but Gillingham is full blown meltdown territory.  
    The closer it gets to the season starting May, his agent and Cheltenham will be looking to get something done. They won’t hang around jeopardising a sale on our account. 
    But Storrie has just said that all that is needed is for Sandgaard & the new owners to agree a fee and then it's all good to go.

So if we've made an offer for May then that assumes TS has spoken to the new owners & they've given the green light. 

If we've not made a bid for him then that's probably because either Sandgaards wont give the go ahead,or the new owners wont. 

Perhaps @RonnieMoore can clarify. 
  • Despite what has been said I do not expect us to pay for any new players until the takeover is completed. 
    The longer this takes the more concerned we should be.
    Why ???

Do you not believe Storrie ??

Or do you think TS wont spend any money, even though it appears there is an agreement in the SPA that any spending (within limits) has been ok'd. 
  • Sponsored links:

• According to a well known poster elsewhere, we’ve not submitted a bid for Alfie May. We’ve enquired as to his availability and price.

I expect Storrie, Gallen and Holden have gone for a long lie down when they got the reply. 
  • Despite what has been said I do not expect us to pay for any new players until the takeover is completed. 
    Why ???

Or do you think TS wont spend any money, even though it appears there is an agreement in the SPA that any spending (within limits) has been ok'd. 
    The latter. TS quite clearly does not give a shit any more, its not his problem or his interest any more. Yes he COULD spend if he wanted. He just doesn't want to.
  • I think we'll be signing free agents this summer and loans again. 
  • edited June 2023
    Despite what has been said I do not expect us to pay for any new players until the takeover is completed. 
    Why ???

I feel the whole, spending budget in place whatever the outcome storyline ,is a bit of a white lie which both sides of the takeover are happy to go along with. The reality is that an agreement between the parties wouldn’t be lawful in the eyes of the EFL. After all CM has been quoted in saying that just  purchase of out of contract players will happen until the takeover happens.
    Why ???

Not sure who I don't believe. 
    But until we actually pay a fee and bring someone in I shall remain doubtful. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Gillingham yes, but could understand players wanting to go to wrexham. Big money and a load of media attention
  • TS, will not in anyway be spending any money on transfers, looking at PS has said would lead me think no money other than staff/players wages and the basic up-keep on The Valley and SL only, is all I believe we will see!

Sadly I feel we wont see May or any others until the ink has dried in 6 to 8 weeks time if we are relying on the EFL god help us!

Dont care what percentage TS will have in his stake of the lease, but we will have the scraps, however great time for the u18's & 21's to come through and make a name!
  • Let's all chil.

We all have players we like and hope we may one day sign, Scally is a good player but we already have CBT and Campbell as similar players. Indeed DJ is also under contract.

Let's see what happens this week. 
  • edited June 2023
    CAFCsayer said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Gillingham yes, but could understand players wanting to go to wrexham. Big money and a load of media attention
    He won’t go to Wrexham, he’s not 40 or thinking of retiring.
    Gills also out they have made their premier signing JW a free from Swindon.
  • Sponsored links:

• So is the general consensus that we’re clearly not signing anyone worth getting excited about due to TS still being in charge.  And then when we do finally get taken over we have no clue what the budget is and everyone else around us will have started signing decent players by then anyway?  
  • So is the general consensus that we’re clearly not signing anyone worth getting excited about due to TS still being in charge.  And then when we do finally get taken over we have no clue what the budget is and everyone else around us will have started signing decent players by then anyway?  
    That doesn't makes sense to me though. Why spend £12m or whatever it is, knowing you need to cover £7-8m losses in year 1 and then be behind the curve in transfers. Surely (or I hope) there is a clause in the contract allowing transfers to be made, otherwise the take one doesn't make sense
  • edited June 2023
    MrBurns said:
    I think we'll be signing free agents this summer and loans again. 
    Que someone on here in August saying something like ‘happy with that’ when we land Colchester’s former right winger or something 
  • edited June 2023

Why ???

Not sure who I don't believe. 
    But until we actually pay a fee and bring someone in I shall remain doubtful. 
    100% agree with you on this.

The proof of the pudding etc etc....

• cabbles said:
    MrBurns said:
    I think we'll be signing free agents this summer and loans again. 
    Que someone on here in August saying something like ‘happy with that’ when we land Colchester’s former right winger or something 
    Is that a cryptic clue and you are suggesting we are signing Owura Edwards?

anyone else find it amazing that you can type "Colchester's former right winger" into google and a name comes up.

• It’s ok all…. We will play what we have and then unleash the cash in January and surge up to mid table