Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• The only number I have seen quoted was 1.5 million as the "budget", that would be increased once the take over goes through.

I don't, for one second believe it to be true but let's just ponder if it was.

What's it the budget for? 

Wages and signing on fees?  That would mean we would have to sign 10 players on about 3k a week, that would, in all honesty result in relegation.

Transfer fees and signing on fees for out of contract players, with a pre agreeded wage structure?  That's massive for league 1

Remember that the sort of fee we would have to pay for May is less than 5% of the "value" of the club.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    The only number I have seen quoted was 1.5 million as the "budget", that would be increased once the take over goes through.

Wages and signing on fees?  That would mean we would have to sign 10 players on about 3k a week, that would, in all honesty result in relegation.

Transfer fees and signing on fees for out of contract players, with a pre agreeded wage structure?  That's massive for league 1

Remember that the sort of fee we would have to pay for May is less than 5% of the "value" of the club.

Is it not 1.5mil more than last seasons budget? 
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    People seem to be missing the bit where TS has already sold the club for circa £12m. If there is money in the coffers it can be spent as far as he’s concerned, he’s not funding it out of his pocket. 
    Sandgaard is still the owner until the deal is complete. It's possible he doesn't care about how money is left in the bank given he shouldn't own the club for much longer, but what if the deal fell through? If he drains the balance and it goes tits up then he is the one that has to put in extra money. In all likelihood, he will have a deposit from the buyers that will cover a sale that falls through and/or he has the option of selling someone from Leaburn but I'm sure it's wide of the market to suggest he can spend whatever he likes because he's not funding it from his pocket. 
    Deal is done, all formalities from here. And if it isn’t, TS needs to get us out of this league anyway - it’s more wide of the mark to suggest he’s somehow incentivised not to spend at all, because he ‘won’t want to fund it’, a version of which I’ve seen on here on quite a number of occasions. 
    What ?
    What you struggling with? If there’s money in the club, it can be spent as far he’s concerned - he’s sold the club. He’s not required to ‘fund it’ by injecting money into the club (as some seem to be suggesting). And if the deal falls through (which seems highly unlikely), the club needs to buy players anyway cos TS will want to get promoted. 
    TS will not be spending money on players all the while we are waiting for OADT. He has not yet "sold the club".
    Yes he will 
  • Wrexham have been dealt a transfer blow as Charlton have agreed a fee with their long-term target Alfie May.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The only number I have seen quoted was 1.5 million as the "budget", that would be increased once the take over goes through.

For what?  Wages, transfer fees, both combined?  It's a meaningless number on its own isn't it.

• Ignore that cafc opinions account. He is just reading shit on forums and spinning it to sound like he is ITK. Some of it he is taking word for word
  • Sambcafc said:
    Ignore that cafc opinions account. He is just reading shit on forums and spinning it to sound like he is ITK. Some of it he is taking word for word
    Do you mean Ronnie Moore 🤣🤣
  • On the Orient forum they reckon keeper now off to Burnley instead.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

For what?  Wages, transfer fees, both combined?  It's a meaningless number on its own isn't it.

Possibly. I’ve always assumed it would relate to wages and signing on fees and not transfer fees bit naturally could be wrong. My original point was more around signing 10 players on 3k a week, that’s 1.5 total not an extra 1.5. Harness, Sessegnon, Inniss, Clare, Kane, JRS, Penney and Kilkenny have all departed which gives us a few extra quid too. We’ve had some players return but some of them would depart again you’d imagine. 
    Jesus Christ. Surely a premier league team wouldn’t sign a 29 year old gk from a newly promoted league 1 team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Possibly. I’ve always assumed it would relate to wages and signing on fees and not transfer fees bit naturally could be wrong. My original point was more around signing 10 players on 3k a week, that’s 1.5 total not an extra 1.5. Harness, Sessegnon, Inniss, Clare, Kane, JRS, Penney and Kilkenny have all departed which gives us a few extra quid too. We’ve had some players return but some of them would depart again you’d imagine. 
    If its 1.5 extra wages it's a lot of money, someone like May, sorry to keep using him, would probably be looking at similar money to someone like Gilbey would have been on.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If its 1.5 extra wages it's a lot of money, someone like May, sorry to keep using him, would probably be looking at similar money to someone like Gilbey would have been on.
    I actually missed Gilbey but yeah I’d agree. The old obvious comment that it’s how you use the money but we defo need to be spending more. Don’t care about the transfer fees, it was our wage offers last summer that really affected us. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I actually missed Gilbey but yeah I’d agree. The old obvious comment that it’s how you use the money but we defo need to be spending more. Don’t care about the transfer fees, it was our wage offers last summer that really affected us. 
    It was but we did have the likes of Stockley, Gilbey and probably Kirk, Lavelle and McGrandles (not even going down the Aneke rabbit hole) that earnt far more than they contributed.  

I don't think our total wage bill would have been much different to Barnsley, Bolton or Plymouth.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It was but we did have the likes of Stockley, Gilbey and probably Kirk, Lavelle and McGrandles (not even going down the Aneke rabbit hole) that earnt far more than they contributed.  

I don't think our total wage bill would have been much different to Barnsley, Bolton or Plymouth.
    Absolutely and I’m not one to demand new owners start throwing silly money round like Ipswich did. Hopefully we can continue to get rid of some deadwood and get lucky with a few. 
  • nagAddick said:
    On the Orient forum they reckon keeper now off to Burnley instead.
    Jesus Christ. Surely a premier league team wouldn’t sign a 29 year old gk from a newly promoted league 1 team. 
    Scott Carson has just won a champions league 
  • nagAddick said:
    How old was Tom Heaton when when United resigned him, or Rob Green when he moved to Chelsea?

Jason Steele has just established himself as Brighton's number 1 at 33. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    nagAddick said:
    How old was Tom Heaton when when United resigned him, or Rob Green when he moved to Chelsea?

Jason Steele has just established himself as Brighton's number 1 at 33. 
    True but Heaton and Green had been playing in the premier league for years whereas Vigouroux has never played above league 1. 
    Sure they didn’t mean Barnsley? That would make more sense…
  • Sponsored links:

• Defo said Burnley but was just one poster 
  • Sage said:
    Just wanna put it out there, if we were to sign Dack, he’d likely be the best player in the league.

People will say about his injuries and sure he’s had them, but he played over 30 games for Blackburn last season.

In this league, behind the main striker or behind the front two, he’d very likely be a fantastic player.

Question should not be about his ability or injuries, it should be is he out of our reach?
    And the answer is almost certainly yes. Given his apparent antipathy towards Charlton and the current uncertainty, even if he was going to drop a level (unlikely but possible) we'd probably be fairly low on the list of clubs he'd opt for.
  • I’ve no idea where the Dack rumour started but if there’s any truth that we’re interested and he ends up elsewhere, which is probable then I’m still encouraged. At least it means that we’re at last showing some ambition. I’m hoping that our second and third targets in all positions are still ambitious. It also seems to me that the rumoured £200k bid for May seems a little low. I can’t believe that there won’t be several clubs also happy to get involved at that price.
  • I’ve no idea where the Dack rumour started but if there’s any truth that we’re interested and he ends up elsewhere, which is probable then I’m still encouraged. At least it means that we’re at last showing some ambition. I’m hoping that our second and third targets in all positions are still ambitious. It also seems to me that the rumoured £200k bid for May seems a little low. I can’t believe that there won’t be several clubs also happy to get involved at that price.
    Started with someone on twitter saying they had spoken to Dack, and he was going to Charlton.. I am not sure if the rumour has any truth to it what so ever.

I think it would be a very good signing if true. He is a match winner!
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I’ve no idea where the Dack rumour started but if there’s any truth that we’re interested and he ends up elsewhere, which is probable then I’m still encouraged. At least it means that we’re at last showing some ambition. I’m hoping that our second and third targets in all positions are still ambitious. It also seems to me that the rumoured £200k bid for May seems a little low. I can’t believe that there won’t be several clubs also happy to get involved at that price.
    Started with someone on twitter saying they had spoken to Dack, and he was going to Charlton.. I am not sure if the rumour has any truth to it what so ever.

I think it would be a very good signing if true. He is a match winner!
    Thanks. So basically it’s nonsense. Put that one to bed then.
  • Wasn't Sam Wood center back in loan at Plymouth from Palace linked on here once?

Well he has signed for Bromley.