Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Burton Albion | Easter Monday 10th April 2023 | KO 3.00 PM

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Thought Innis was awful. Thought our wingers did very well as did Albie.

my major gripe was what was payne doing with that second tackle? he knew he was on a yellow then he does that shit. no excuse. 
    This is bait, right? I um I uh I guess I've taken it already. Damn
    watch their second goal back then work out if its bait...
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

my major gripe was what was payne doing with that second tackle? he knew he was on a yellow then he does that shit. no excuse. 
    A collective failure to deal with a corner is a player's entire performance being 'awful' now is it? You just want to blame Inniss for the goal. Well, nah. He had a storming game, looked dominant and assured, and we won. You're not having this one 
    Inniss and Hector look a decent combination.
    They do indeed. The problem is I personally don’t think Inniss and A.Nother are a decent combination - unless that A.Nother is close to Hectors quality.

So if we lose Hector at the end of the season, which to be honest I think we will to a championship club, we are going find it hard to replace him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

A collective failure to deal with a corner is a player's entire performance being 'awful' now is it? You just want to blame Inniss for the goal. Well, nah. He had a storming game, looked dominant and assured, and we won. You're not having this one 
    i bloody well will. he was crap and you know it. storming?! stormingly shit more like (yeah that makes no sense but i'm going with it)
    No I don't know it. I genuinely worry for your ability to even understand what football is if you thought he was 'awful' today. Fortunately it seems like most people are with me on this 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

i bloody well will. he was crap and you know it. storming?! stormingly shit more like (yeah that makes no sense but i'm going with it)
    No I don't know it. I genuinely worry for your ability to even understand what football is if you thought he was 'awful' today. Fortunately it seems like most people are with me on this 
    well as long as you and the others are fine with mediocrity football in league 1 then fine. I unfortunately are hoping for a little bit better. 
  • I forgot to take a half point off JRS in the player marks for giving us the most pathetic tunnel jump I've seen!
    He is Palarse, remember. :smile:

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

well as long as you and the others are fine with mediocrity football in league 1 then fine. I unfortunately are hoping for a little bit better. 
     thing is I didn't think he was awful, i was wrong with that assessment. i thought he was average with mistakes waiting to happen like most of his performances. 
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Inniss and Hector look a decent combination.
    They do indeed. The problem is I personally don’t think Inniss and A.Nother are a decent combination - unless that A.Nother is close to Hectors quality.

So if we lose Hector at the end of the season, which to be honest I think we will to a championship club, we are going find it hard to replace him. 
    Who's he playing for? 😏 
  • Hector and Rak-Sakyi equally important today.  Rak-Sakyi irreplaceable though.   
    Ah, but he has to be because 100% guarantee he wont be here next season. If we dont replace him with something similar  then top 6 will be out of our grasp. 
  • Cant understand anyone digging Inniss out. That was one of his better games. Hector though stood out. What a shame if we lose him.
    Jesus, if thats one of his better games hate to see him on a bad day. They had nothing upfront yet he still struggled. 
  • Hector and Rak-Sakyi equally important today.  Rak-Sakyi irreplaceable though.   
    Ah, but he has to be because 100% guarantee he wont be here next season. If we dont replace him with something similar  then top 6 will be out of our grasp. 
    Because of 1 player? Have a word.

Hes a talent and playing well for us but other players need to do there job aswell!
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

thing is I didn't think he was awful, i was wrong with that assessment. i thought he was average with mistakes waiting to happen like most of his performances. 
    May I suggest you take a gander at the players marks thread.
    Got a lot of 7’s and 8’s……and two or three 6’s so far.
    Your assessment is woefully inaccurate! 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we got another win then 
    Well done You Reds  B)
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

May I suggest you take a gander at the players marks thread.
    Got a lot of 7’s and 8’s……and two or three 6’s so far.
    Your assessment is woefully inaccurate! 🙄
    possibly but not in my opinion.. 
  • edited April 2023
    It was a good game, that we should have had sewn up in the first half after some  impressive play and the one man show from JRS with another contender for goal of the season which I feel was his best so far.
    Once again, we gifted another team a way back into a match, not once but twice, and in the end were hanging on for the three points that took us into what I feel will be our finishing position come May 7th, 10th.
    Pleased for Bonne, getting his goal, and he had some good hold up play, so onto next week we go, and a game I am really looking forward to against Ipswich, who will finish top two, if not champions this year, should be very entertaining, win, lose or draw, preferably the former of course...👍
  • I forgot to take a half point off JRS in the player marks for giving us the most pathetic tunnel jump I've seen!
    That's the second! It was half hearted  in the 6-0. Send him back to Palace.........(only joking)
  • edited April 2023
    People still using end of season summer friendlies to think that this squad would challenge for anything other than League One midtable are misguided. 

Good result but shows that outside of 3/4 players we are still mostly average.