Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bristol Rovers vs Charlton Athletic: Good Friday 7th April 2023: KO 3.00 PM

Comments

• Sounds like I made the wrong decision today.

Do I stay home and watch the game, or go to Camber Sands with the family... decisions... decisions

Had a lovely time at the beach!!
    Knew there was something missing on the match thread,.so the sandcastles won then, unlike us...def the right choice...
    Bet it was lovely a peaceful on the Match Thread today without me there :D
  • Was on one of the coaches that didn’t make sounds like driver made th right decision to turn around 
    Why didn't it make it was it due to to much traffic on the M4 ?
  • edited April 2023
    Off_it said:
    I thought Thomas and Hector had decent games.

The wingers were non-existent and the midfield was largely missing from an attacking perspective. 

In the end we got exactly what we deserved. Nish. 
    Agree about Thomas and Hector, hope we keep both of them.
  • Chose to get pissed (still on it)  in the Spanish sun on the Bank holiday rather than stay home and watch, how many did we win by? 
  • Disappointing performance. Lack of intensity and accuracy. Midfield creators of Albie and Fraser played too deep and kept getting caught in possession. Barton outplayed Holden in terms of tactics, we cannot break teams down that play deep and defend well. Wide players, Campbell and Rak-Sakhi were ineffective, and once they were nullified we struggled to create any chances. Barton put on attacking players on 70 mins, and we did not respond to these changes quickly enough. Stand out player was Hector, and Inness played well as well, although he should have done better with the headed chance. 
    A big reminder that our squad needs a major overhaul in the summer.
  • edited April 2023
    Oh Wank.
  • Missed the first half when some friends dropped by. Got some hoovering done in the second. 

Satisfactory.overall but not worth ten quid. 
  • Wellred said:
    Was on one of the coaches that didn’t make sounds like driver made th right decision to turn around 
    Never actually made it to the M4 was on  M3 at Hook driver needed to take legal break for 45 mins still 90 miles away at 2.15
  • Bench the seniors and ply as many yoof players as possible! 

many of them won’t be here next year, so why bother persisting with them when we could give game time and experience to younger players 
  • Sponsored links:

• Need better players if we’re ever going to get out of this league.
  • Mind numbingly boring I fell asleep numerous times. Wasn't expecting us to plough on from last week but crash bang wallop we've got a hell of a lot to sort out.
  • Wellred said:
    Was on one of the coaches that didn’t make sounds like driver made th right decision to turn around 
    Never actually made it to the M4 was on  M3 at Hook driver needed to take legal break for 45 mins still 90 miles away at 2.15
    I know we lost but i bet everyone was well pissed off paying out for tickets plus the coach
    Feel for you all 
  • edited April 2023
    So, today was a bad day overall when we try and compare with last week, but we need to compare with the whole sorry season, and with that it was just business as usual, so now we have two "interesting" games coming up with Burton, who today beat Barnsley 2-1, and Ipswich who beat Wycombe 4-0...now those will be a test, oh well, good job we are safe and having another mind blowing mid table season..
    Let's just hope against hope for some good news soon about the takeover, cos, we could certainly do with some...
  • Nil nil game .. we lacked that spark from the wide areas again but it came down to two pens one given one not … Marquis always scores but should have been playing in the red shirt of Charlton if Garner had not scrapped the deal … 
  • Three kids up front, on their day they can be special, not today. Joey Barton set his team up to deny them space, they don't have the nous yet, to deal with that. 
  • Dogshit match from the kick off with the exception of one great save from AMB. 
  • Off_it said:
    I thought Thomas and Hector had decent games.

The wingers were non-existent and the midfield was largely missing from an attacking perspective. 

In the end we got exactly what we deserved. Nish. 
    Funny how we all see things differently, I thought Thomas showed why he can’t cover at left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty disgusting performance especially when you take a large following on a holiday weekend costing fans a lot of money. No excuses and for all Holdens talk you can't dress a turd when we have some players mugging a living and know they're be gone by summer. As many have said this club needs the biggest overhaul in 50 years and I just can't see it happening unless a miracle happens.

• Wellred said:
    Just up the road to me, had I known you could have all come round and suffered together. 
  • Meh. That is all. 
  • On BBC Radio London they went through the London teams' results.
    For us they played the commentary of the penalty then said 'yeah......I think we've said enough about Charlton' and moved onto Leyton Orient.
  • Nil nil game .. we lacked that spark from the wide areas again but it came down to two pens one given one not … Marquis always scores but should have been playing in the red shirt of Charlton if Garner had not scrapped the deal … 
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't a "nil nil game". We lost 1-0.
  • Why does Holden take so long to make changes? We kept doing the same thing (badly) over and over no hint of a tactical change until we went a goal down.

Barton seemed to work out pretty quickly that Shrewsbury was an exception rather than the rule and made an early change as it was clear we were no threat.

75% of this squad needs to be gone.