Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DINNER SET FOR APRIL 30TH

Comments

• Options
    Fully deserved. Always a worry when your best player is a loanee though.

Will be very hard to replace next season.
  • Options
    A Palace player winning the Charlton Athletic player of the year is in my opinion the ultimate concession of self-respect.

Accepting him as a loan player was a hit to the pride of our club but necessarily pragmatic.

Voting for him as POTY is too much for me
    - I don't care how good he may be.
    We can never live this down. It's an avoidably sad day in the history of our club. I don't understand how any Charlton supporter can bring him/herself to vote for a Palace player as our own Player of The Year. 

I'm genuinely baffled by this.
    Doesn't it go against the correct definition of 'Charlton Athletic Player of The Year'?

Can you remember back to our last season in the Premier League ?  Scott Carson won POTY that season....and he was on loan too. And fancy choosing a goalkeeper to win POTY the year we get relegated. He should have been sheep dipped, tar & feathered and then hounded out of town. 

We’re saving that for Bonne!
  • Options
    Fully deserved. Always a worry when your best player is a loanee though.

Will be very hard to replace next season.
    My view entirely was a joy to see him play and what a prospect they have on their hands.
  • Options
    Should have gone to Alex Gilbey he is after all a Charlton player 
    Cheers i had forgotten about him.
  • Options
    Fair play, would have said Dobson myself but don’t begrudge Rak Sakyi 
    Actually, thought about it more and reckon I was wrong. Never really comfortable with loan players winning POTY but JRS has had a very good season 
  • Options
    A Palace player winning the Charlton Athletic player of the year is in my opinion the ultimate concession of self-respect.

Accepting him as a loan player was a hit to the pride of our club but necessarily pragmatic.

Voting for him as POTY is too much for me
    - I don't care how good he may be.
    We can never live this down. It's an avoidably sad day in the history of our club. I don't understand how any Charlton supporter can bring him/herself to vote for a Palace player as our own Player of The Year. 

I'm genuinely baffled by this.
    Doesn't it go against the correct definition of 'Charlton Athletic Player of The Year'?

How will we all sleep at night?!

The fact is that without him we'd have been in a relegation battle. Relegation to league 2 would have been slightly tougher to live down.
  • Options
    Back home from the POTY dinner. Many thanks to Jean, Ian et al who were involved in putting the event on. Had a very enjoyable evening and know a fair bit more than I went in knowing. No complaints and really pleased I went. I really enjoyed speaking with the Charlton Live team too and thanks for all of your hard work to this season. Looking forward to the Pod tomorrow 👏
    What do you know now you didn’t know before ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    This evening just about sums our club up. I really do not understand  why some of our fans support this non event. A mate has just texted to say the food was crap..
    is he a vegetarian? 
    Might be. When I have ever eaten at an event at the Valley (three times) the vegetarian food has been vile…that’s if there has been any provided at all!
    It is also an insult if being a vegetarian is viewed as a ‘special dietary requirement’, that category is for nut allergies or whatever surely?
    The payment of north of £40 for such an event is for others to enjoy, not me.
    When the club email me to book a table for a match (this is not the POTY people) they bang on about a seat, a programme, a legend, they also say a delicious meal. Quite a claim when they don’t cater for vegetarians.
    For the record when I’ve sponsored a match the vegetarian option is always available in the centre circle lounge 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    This evening just about sums our club up. I really do not understand  why some of our fans support this non event. A mate has just texted to say the food was crap..
    is he a vegetarian? 
    Might be. When I have ever eaten at an event at the Valley (three times) the vegetarian food has been vile…that’s if there has been any provided at all!
    It is also an insult if being a vegetarian is viewed as a ‘special dietary requirement’, that category is for nut allergies or whatever surely?
    When the club email me to book a table for a match (this is not the POTY people) they bang on about a seat, a programme, a legend, they also say a delicious meal. Quite a claim when they don’t cater for vegetarians.
    For the record when I’ve sponsored a match the vegetarian option is always available in the centre circle lounge 
    What was it?
    Did you eat it?
    What was the cost?
  • Options
    Back home from the POTY dinner. Many thanks to Jean, Ian et al who were involved in putting the event on. Had a very enjoyable evening and know a fair bit more than I went in knowing. No complaints and really pleased I went. I really enjoyed speaking with the Charlton Live team too and thanks for all of your hard work too this season. Looking forward to the Pod tomorrow 👏
    Great to see you yesterday P
  • Options
    Despite him being a stripey Nigel, I can't see beyond JRS. But we all know Dobbo will probably win it (even though I think he's been poor by his own standards lately).
    Called it. #smug  ;)
  • Options
    We have done JRS a favour, something has to compensate him for having to return to those plastics.
    No way should he stay at Charlton next season, if I were advising him I would suggest a Championship club would be the right option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne was training only last week up to Thursday, saw him training with the 1st team myself (but couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo even in training 🤦🏻‍♂️) but think the tie may have been severed since then. A good sign IMHO. Regardless of what comes next Deano is definitely inputting, perhaps unlike others before him… and is trying to do what’s best for the club.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    is he a vegetarian? 
    What was it?
    Did you eat it?
    What was the cost?
    A carrot served on a bed of lettuce perhaps?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    is he a vegetarian? 
    What was it?
    Did you eat it?
    What was the cost?
    That would have been very nice in the events I attended. Certainly better than the absolutely nothing (nobody told us sir) served up at one of them.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    is he a vegetarian? 
    What was it?
    Did you eat it?
    What was the cost?
    Dust, I think they can eat dust. Or wafer thin ham.
  • Options
    I wonder if Sean Clare was obliged to eat dust last night.
    I don’t think he would have opted for part of the carcass of a dead pig, even if it was wafer thin.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Was in the Oak for a beer yesterday, nothing to do with the women's game or POTY do, but noted what a badly dressed support we got. At one end of the scale you had those who looked like they'd been kicked through River Island backwards, while at the other end, there's those who looked like they popped out for a pint of milk and a newspaper.
    Says style icon and GQ Man of the Year 2023......Gribbo. 
    As it happens, I got told, and not for the first time I hasten to add, that I look like Dan Balzerian last week. Reckon that must give my observations some gravitas in the clobber stakes, and what I saw yesterday was mess.

Nb. I wouldn't have wanted to win the GQ MOTY award since at least circa 2005. Werent that the Harriet Styles won with his nans clothes on the other year?