Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PLAYER OF THE YEAR DINNER SET FOR APRIL 30TH

The club’s 2023 Player of the Year dinner will take place on Sunday, April 30th in the Meantime Fans’ Bar at The Valley.

Organised by the club’s Fans’ Forum, supporters attending will enjoy a three-course meal and meet the the men’s and women’s first-team players.

The event organisers wanted to make fans aware of the date so they can plan accordingly. Further information on pricing, menu and event schedule will be made available in due course.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/player-year-dinner-set-april-30th

Comments

• Options
    Errr, the club doesn't have their facts quite right as it's a 2 course meal this time inc tea & coffee so that we 're able to keep the price per ticket at the same level as in 2022....£45 per head.

Full details are in the process of being produced & should be on the OS later this week. 

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    I'm guessing the top 3 will be AMB, Dobson and Rak-Leko.
    Rak or Dobson to take the title.
  • Options
    I'd have thought Ness / Leaburn both in with a shout of the top 3
  • Options
    Ness or Rak for me. Leaburn and Dobson haven't done much in months 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm guessing the top 3 will be AMB, Dobson and Rak-Leko.
    Rak or Dobson to take the title.
    I'll be voting for Dobbo. 
  • Options
    If Bonne is put on your table are you entitled to a full refund. 
  • Options
    I will vote for Dobson.

I hope everybody who goes has a great time, but a note of caution for vegetarians like me having attended four of these types of event, take your own food and ask the staff to microwave it because I have found the actual food to be appalling on each occasion I have been. Luckily it will only be appalling for two courses.

Look on the £40+ ticket price as a subsidy for staff and players to attend for free so you can rub shoulders with heroes.
  • Options
    Cant really looks past Dobbo. Other players have done well in parts but Dobbo done it all season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stat bank verifies what my instincts and preferences tell me - AMB, Ness and Dobbo in the 1-2-3 and I would probably go in that order tbh. Dobbo has been good all season again, but not quite as good as last year imho, while AMB and Ness have really taken their chances by the scruff of the neck and staked their claim for permanent positions on the team sheet. A lot of pride and support for both of them 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 
  • Options
    Has to be Dobson . I’d have said Fraser was in for a shout a couple of months again but he went off the Boil. 
    Leaburn hasn’t done enough to warrant it 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Maybe April 1st would have been more appropriate this year!
    It seems almost embarrassing to pick a player of the season in what could turn out to be one of the worst in our history.
    Maybe we shouldn't award one this year, like we didn't in 1972. (I don't know why we didn't then, maybe because we got relegated. It was retrospectively awarded to Keith Peacock I think in Centenary year. Can't rally argue, but on merit for 71/72 season I would have voted for Ray Treacy).
    Can only be Dobbo by default surely?
    AMB and Ness have had encouraging breakout seasons and Leaburn the best of a non-existent bunch up top, but nobody else has shown a shred of consistency.
    And we can't possibly award it to a Palace player, on principle

Edit: just to make clear I imply no criticism of the event or it's organisation, just a reflection of my disillusionment with the players
  • Options
    Good luck to Sean Clare this evening.
  • Options
    Despite him being a stripey Nigel, I can't see beyond JRS. But we all know Dobbo will probably win it (even though I think he's been poor by his own standards lately).
  • Options
    Despite him being a stripey Nigel, I can't see beyond JRS. But we all know Dobbo will probably win it (even though I think he's been poor by his own standards lately).

Wash your mouth out.

Has to be a Charlton player.
    Never a Nigel.
  • Options
    Have a great night if you’re going.
    And here’s to @Fanny Fanackapan may your tingle last all night ♥️
  • Options

Wash your mouth out.

Never a Nigel.
    He is a Charlton player. I have seen the team sheets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking sparse in the pictures I’ve seen
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Wash your mouth out.

Never a Nigel.
    He is a Charlton player. I have seen the team sheets. 
    Remind me Who holds his contract?
  • Options
    Dobson will win fans player won’t he?
  • Options
    Dobson will win fans player won’t he?
    Ah, I may have jumped the gun!
  • Options
    Nope... Jes won both