Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

1222324252628»

Comments

• Options
    3 seconds to go, the team I’m rooting for lose. I feel I have been here before? 
  • Options
    You can’t go for 3 in a row until you’ve won 2 in a row.  ;)

But honestly, I don’t think there were many moments this entire season where I felt confident we’d do anything in the post season. 
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Every year it strikes me how weird it is that they give the trophy and an interview to the owner before the manager or the players.
    Piss off mate, nobody cares about you or what you think.
  • Options
    Gutted as a 49ers fan, but what a game, what a spectacle. 
    Next season...
  • Options
    Watched the 4th quarter and OT, the pressure on Mahomes on the final drives in normal time and especially in OT must've been immense. Especially when they went to a 4th down in OT. The guy is incredible.
  • Options
    Fell asleep at 22-19 in overtime 
  • Options
    Turned into a good game after half time. 9ers will forever regret not putting the Chiefs away when they had the chance, the TD at the end felt inevitable. Annoyingly Mahomes probably is the best ever.
  • Options
    Watched the 4th quarter and OT, the pressure on Mahomes on the final drives in normal time and especially in OT must've been immense. Especially when they went to a 4th down in OT. The guy is incredible.
    he just thrives on it doesn't he? that ability to perform when the pressure is on is why he'll be one of the all time greats, if not the greatest

huge mistake from 49ers imo choosing to receive in OT, you're essentially giving Mahomes 4 downs instead of 3 for the whole drive and given that he's essentially as good a 4th down runner as there's ever been that is massive
  • Options
    Just read that Mecole Hardman who caught the ball for the game winning TD at first had no idea he'd won it. He thought the 49ers would get the ball back.
  • Options
    Just read that Mecole Hardman who caught the ball for the game winning TD at first had no idea he'd won it. He thought the 49ers would get the ball back.
    His interview afterwards on the pitch was nice. Overwhelmed by the moment and totally unprepared for a game winning role. He sounded like a kid who’d got to meet his heroes.
    Bless him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    he just thrives on it doesn't he? that ability to perform when the pressure is on is why he'll be one of the all time greats, if not the greatest

huge mistake from 49ers imo choosing to receive in OT, you're essentially giving Mahomes 4 downs instead of 3 for the whole drive and given that he's essentially as good a 4th down runner as there's ever been that is massive
    I would have done the same.

Gotta back yourself to get a TD and then even if Chiefs get a TD in response, you get the ball first in sudden death when you are guaranteed win with a FG

If you give Chiefs the ball first and they get a TD, you have got to both get a TD and then get a stop, just to have a chance at winning
  • Options
    Very happy for Hardman to catch the game winner, especially after the reaction to his end zone fumble vs. the Bills in the divisional round. Always seemed like a nice guy and he deserved that moment.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 12
    Disappointed but could see that coming. The 49ers lost that in the 3rd quarter. Should have stuck to the run game, worn the Chiefs down and taken time off the clock. They played that very well in the 1st half. Instead they didn’t capitalize on gaining possession back quickly in the 2nd half and allowed the Chiefs to comeback and score 10 unanswered points. They took the lead and the initiative swung. Similar to when they played in the Super Bowl in 2020. Questions will be asked about Shanahan. I was hoping he had learned from that. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Disappointed but could see that coming. The 49ers lost that in the 3rd quarter. Should have stuck to the run game, worn the Chiefs down and taken time off the clock. They played that very well in the 1st half. Instead they didn’t capitalize on gaining possession back quickly in the 2nd half and allowed the Chiefs to comeback and score 10 unanswered points. They took the lead and the initiative swung. Similar to when they played in the Super Bowl in 2020. Questions will be asked about Shanahan. I was hoping he had learned from that. 
    Bit harsh, KC shut the run down in the second half by the way they lined up, Shanahan couldn't call run plays when KC have taken that option away. They were effectively daring Purdy to throw by saying we don't think you're good enough. I get that questions will be asked of Shanahan again but they effectively lost the game on a missed PAT and a punt hitting the foot of a blocker. That's bad luck.
  • Options
    Fair points. Andy Reid is a very good coach. 
  • Options
    So Falcons (OC) and twice with the Niners Shanahan has blown it. Unluckily for him he’s been up against the two greatest QBs to do it each time. 
  • Options
    Not into the sport at all but the BBC sport section is full of it. Mostly about Taylor swift and other celebs who were there and of course Beyonce's advert. 
    Not helping the image the majority have of the sport over here. 
  • Options
    Not into the sport at all but the BBC sport section is full of it. Mostly about Taylor swift and other celebs who were there and of course Beyonce's advert. 
    you get celebrity spotting at lots of major sporting events and the Super Bowl adverts are a massive thing in America
  • Options
    The US love a celeb spot at a game. I remember tons turned up to see Messi's first Inter Miami game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never watch Wimbledon then, where they constantly show the celebs in the Royal Box
  • Options
    Jason Kelce makes it official. 

Confirmed his retirement from the NFL. 
  • Options
    Will the eagles continue with the brotherly shove without him ? 
  • Options
    Not exactly a surprise. Any chance the Broncos will trade up to get one of the top QB's in the Draft or perhaps make a move for Justin Fields.

• Options
    Jason Kelce makes it official. 

Confirmed his retirement from the NFL. 
    I watched his announcement - he was super emotional. Suspect he would be a great guy to have a beer with although I wouldn’t try to match him drink for drink.
  • Options
    edited April 1
    Vontae Davis found dead at just 35 today. No cause of death as far as I can find yet but way too many former/current NFL players seem to die young. 
  • Options
    Vintage Davis found dead at just 35 today. No cause of death as far as I can find yet but way too many former/current NFL players seem to die young. 
    Sad news that.