Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2023/24

Comments

• Options
    If the Chiefs win, the Twitter meltdown will be epic (mostly involving those who hate everything that they believe to be true about San Francisco....).

Hoping it's a good game, but I'm for the land of Nod.
  • Options
    I’ll be awake. Still sobbing after the Ravens defeat. 

Really tough one to call. It’s hard to bet against Mahomes. That said…I’m going Niners. 
  • Options

Really tough one to call. It’s hard to bet against Mahomes. That said…I’m going Niners. 
    I bet on the Chiefs, was a little surprised that 49’ers were favourites. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I bet on the Chiefs, was a little surprised that 49’ers were favourites. 
    Haven’t looked for a couple of weeks but they were one point favourites. Suppose a lot of that is to do with their NFC record over the year and being the one seed. 
  • Options
    Just chucked a fiver on CMC 1st td, Kelce over 6.5 catches and a Niners win 8.65/1
  • Options
    I don’t like those first TD bets as you don’t even know who has the ball to start yet. 
  • Options
    How many of you Lifers are staying up very late tonight?
    Just woke up from my tactical nap. WFH and flexible working means I don't have to start until 10 tomorrow which is lovely.

Very hard to picka winner but I've learnt the hard way before to bet against the Chiefs so I'll go for them, I think Spags will nullify the 9ers. 
  • Options
    As always, the main challenge is not falling asleep during the extended half time. 

WFH tomorrow but will need to be up at 07:00 to get kids ready for school. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    photo I took of the stadium in 2019. it's come on a long way since then

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3469014/#Comment_3469014
  • Options
    Would usually WFH on a Monday but stupidly agreed to have a new starter join my team tomorrow. Think I’ll be setting them up and hiding away. 
  • Options
    I'll be watching. Probably stick with Sky as they will stick with the CBS commentary.
  • Options
    I'll be watching nervously. Come on Chiefs.
  • Options
    What a start, Niners looked electric till then. 
  • Options
    What a start, Niners looked electric till then. 
    Not like them to come up short.
  • Options
    For those that only watch the Superbowl.and don't actually follow normally, here's something to consider

Remember the Tight End needs to stop penetration in the back, otherwise the ball could be fumbled or they'll get a sack, or if they get double-teamed there's a chance the ball carrier will get stripped, so they need to have gap discipline and not shoot the pockets with extra men.
    However if they can protect their pocket and stretch the backside, they can release some deep balls to the slot or pound the inside
  • Options
    My 13 year old watched first quarter with me and was explaining rules to him but think left him more confused!!

said this is probably the worst game you can watch as a first timer as the game has a lot more stoppages compared to a regular season game. 
  • Options
    Does it seem like longer breaks than usual this year?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    For those that only watch the Superbowl.and don't actually follow normally, here's something to consider

Remember the Tight End needs to stop penetration in the back, otherwise the ball could be fumbled or they'll get a sack, or if they get double-teamed there's a chance the ball carrier will get stripped, so they need to have gap discipline and not shoot the pockets with extra men.
    However if they can protect their pocket and stretch the backside, they can release some deep balls to the slot or pound the inside

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Christ, glad I didn’t bet the over on points. 3 passing TDs each isn’t looking great either. 
  • Options
    Talk about highs and lows.

53 yard pass immediately followed by Pacheco losing the ball on the very next play.
  • Options
    Christ, glad I didn’t bet the over on points. 3 passing TDs each isn’t looking great either. 
    Unders doing well though … :-)
  • Options
    Only here to cheer the other team in SF. However, the whole USA vibe is getting me very excited ( no, not that way ) for seeing the Giants in NYC in May! Come on the niners! 
  • Options
    Just chucked a fiver on CMC 1st td, Kelce over 6.5 catches and a Niners win 8.65/1
    Fingers crossed that Kelce gets a couple of targets in the next drive.
  • Options
    anyone have Jennings to throw the first td? what a play to run there
  • Options
    I’m visualising Kelce throwing a lateral for the winning TD
    Kelce lateral? Try Jennings…
  • Options
    rina said:
    anyone have Jennings to throw the first td? what a play to run there
    Bookmakers loving that
  • Options
    San Fran deserve the lead so far. 
  • Options