Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is There Any Reason For An Owner To Spend Money Upgrading The Valley?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I can't see the Jimmy Seed failing any safety requirements that couldn't be fixed easily. It's a simple roof over a concrete terrace, and was upgraded to 90s safety standards when we returned. Of course a larger and better stand would be desirable, but won't be needed until we're in the PL or at least a top Championship club.

The general public facilities around the ground do need improvement, the toilets, the bars etc. Even if the Curbs stand isn't expanded, the area of wasteland behind the stands does feel like a waste, maybe it could be dug out to create a covered bar area. The roof would be low enough to not affect the houses behind.
    I was told by someone at the club that when the Jimmy Seed Stand sign was replaced it couldn't actually be placed to look completely straight as they found that the JS stand was actually slowly sinking.

Yes it was designed to match the current state of the team itself. 
  • Options
    I can't see the Jimmy Seed failing any safety requirements that couldn't be fixed easily. It's a simple roof over a concrete terrace, and was upgraded to 90s safety standards when we returned. Of course a larger and better stand would be desirable, but won't be needed until we're in the PL or at least a top Championship club.

The general public facilities around the ground do need improvement, the toilets, the bars etc. Even if the Curbs stand isn't expanded, the area of wasteland behind the stands does feel like a waste, maybe it could be dug out to create a covered bar area. The roof would be low enough to not affect the houses behind.
    I was told by someone at the club that when the Jimmy Seed Stand sign was replaced it couldn't actually be placed to look completely straight as they found that the JS stand was actually slowly sinking.

To be fair it's been reopened for 30 years and it's still the same as it was then so think there's bound to be a few issues with the stand. 

It needs rebuilding but the question is who's going to pay for it.

So when the Covered end sing the "going down" chant at the opposition fans, they're actually referring to the stand, rather than their team!