Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD ; Charlton Athletic V Sheffield Wednesday ; Saturday 25th February 2023 ; KO 3.00Pm

Comments

• Curbs said it on Charlton TV…they are professional I.e. dirty and the ref can’t deal with it….the foul on JRS should have been a red 
  • I stayed away because being superstitious I was beginning to think my general negativity was an anchor to this teams performances.

These CL match threads are getting pretty formulaic now.  Oppo walk in an easy one, defence of any concoction are shit, toothless up front, never played to any known strengths. We are shit.

Up the Addicks!

• edited February 2023
    ct_addick said:
    Curbs said it on Charlton TV…they are professional I.e. dirty and the ref can’t deal with it….the foul on JRS should have been a red 
    Quite right, Browny didn't even think it was a foul, and needed a second look...🤷‍♂️
  • Look at the scoreboard - 1-0 down - and you'd think we're still in this.

Look at what's happened on the pitch and you think we need snookers or, more accurately, time for someone to bring out a large green screen, a shotgun and plenty of cartridges to put this side out of our misery.

I thank the good Lord above that I didn't make it to the match today - we ended turning round at the start of the Newmarket Bypass because Grandson No 2 felt sick and wanted to go home. A three-hour round trip for nothing but at least I can be pissed off about this crap from the comfort of my sofa.

Second half prediction: more ineptitude at the back from us, piss-poor in midfield, weak reffing and at meast two more Wendy goals.
  • no shots, not one ! .. for a home team that is both ridiculous and pretty inexcusable
    It's happened far too often for us over the past few years. 

I dunno whether it's just us or modern football in general, but it's just not exciting to watch. 
  • Too early to say game over?
    34 games say not.
  • ct_addick said:
    Curbs said it on Charlton TV…they are professional I.e. dirty and the ref can’t deal with it….the foul on JRS should have been a red 
    Quite right, Browny didn't even think it was a foul, and needed a second look...🤷‍♂️
    That wasn't far from me and I didn't think it a foul either. 
  • Who's the ex player,  missed the introduction. 
  • Yay... Players are back out
    Stuart Balmer
  • Sponsored links:

Sweaty Balmer
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Twice in a row Dobson isn't sharp enough to receive a pass.
    It was a shit pass from Hector 
    He didn't make any effort to reach either pass.
    How can he make effort if it's not near enough to him, it was past him before he could do anything. 
    Stop brown nosing him for a moment. A pass consists of two people trying to do a job, Dobson has been poor today. Everyone has to be fair, AMB aside.
    🙄 Would've said it whoever it was. 
  • Brownie saying that Holden had to be separated from a Weds member of staff prior to KO for the 2nd Half - Didnt see anything myself though
  • Pigeon gets hit by the ball on its way through to AMB.

Game paused whilst they find a Vet... (They havent)
  • edited February 2023
    Greg's commentary from the start of that last Charlton move:

"Fraser had time to turn but instead goes back to ..."

Sums it all up.
  • edited February 2023
    Does every ball from Bannan find his man?  Some sublime passing. (Unfortunately)

• 49' Super ball over the top from Bannan to find Windass in the box, the strike is then deflected out for a corner
  • Does every ball from Bannan find a man?  Some sublime passing. (Unfortunately)
    We have a player that can do that ... its, what's his name, erh
  • Exeter 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• I forgot Kilkenny was playing until just then 
  • Does every ball from Bannan find his man?  Some sublime passing. (Unfortunately)
    Sublime passing yes, but the team has great awareness to. For instance their number four is always available for a short pass.. Smith the same but also goes deep when they win it foe the direct pass.
  • Forest Green 1-1
  • He's marking the spaces to be fair.

ProperCharlton said:
    I forgot Kilkenny was playing until just then
  • Miles has to do better I think 
  • Posh 3-1
  • Aaaah should have been 1-1 Leaburn not able to finish
  • Ohhhhh.... Chance!

Clare nicks a Wednesday ball out, gives it to Leaburn...dragged wide under pressure.
  • Great pass from Clare one touch too many from Leaburn I think.
  • Oh Miles... What a miss!!... Has to do so much better

Collects the ball at the edge of the area from Clare... takes a shot and drags his effort wide
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!