Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD ; Charlton Athletic V Sheffield Wednesday ; Saturday 25th February 2023 ; KO 3.00Pm

Comments

• It's quite impressive that no matter who starts for us we play the same shit football. Got to be one of the worst squads I've ever seen.
  • Twice in a row Dobson isn't sharp enough to receive a pass.
  • Barnsley 3-1
  • We are making it so easy for the opposition 
  • Most common bit of Charlton TV commentary in recent seasons:

"<insert name of CAFC player here> gives it away ..."
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Twice in a row Dobson isn't sharp enough to receive a pass.
    It was a shit pass from Hector 
  • Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He didn't make any effort to reach either pass.
  • Most common bit of Charlton TV commentary in recent seasons:

"<insert name of CAFC player here> gives it away ..."
    I dunno "goes back to" must run it close. 
  • edited February 2023
    Speechless again... Should be 0-2!! - These lads are on their holidays already

Decent stop from AMB to stay on his feet
  • Sponsored links:

• What the fuck Kilkenny and Ness freeze after winning the ball. AMB makes the save obvs 
  • Will take 0-1 half time and we are still in this, but we need to be a lot sharper second half, and assume the ref will as well, oh, and maybe Browny will be sent off . ;)
  • What happened to our defence there? We look comatose at times.
  • Really poor. Not good enough!
  • edited February 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can he make effort if it's not near enough to him, it was past him before he could do anything. 
  • Somehow its only 0-1... Thats the positive

The negative is we still have 45mins Football to go before this one is over
  • Amb
    Ness
    Dobson
    Miles

• Sponsored links:

• Proper crap that. 
  • Carbon copy of the Derby game for me.

We’ve not been ‘terrible’, but we just can’t match a team who are far far superior to us all across the pitch. 
  • Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can he make effort if it's not near enough to him, it was past him before he could do anything. 
    Stop brown nosing him for a moment. A pass consists of two people trying to do a job, Dobson has been poor today. Everyone has to be fair, AMB aside.
  • CBT was really sleeping when Palmer runs beyond him into the box for that goal doesnt he - He probably has to hold position, but there is no shout to Ness, and equally there is no shout from Ness to Dobson.

These lads need to communicate with each other so much better on the pitch
  • CBT was really sleeping when Palmer runs beyond him into the box for that goal doesnt he - He probably has to hold position, but there is no shout to Ness, and equally there is no shout from Ness to Dobson.

These lads need to communicate with each other so much better on the pitch
    The lack of chemistry I mentioned earlier. 
  • no shots, not one ! .. for a home team that is both ridiculous and pretty inexcusable
  • That 1st half was a lesson for us. So poor and predictable. 2nd half cant be that bad surely 
  • edited February 2023
    Someone needs to have a word with Brownie watching that Iorfa foul, so bad in slow motion.

He's off the ground, he's lucky he's still on the pitch

I know he tries to take the neutral approach, but to defend that tackle was ridiculous

However there is part of me that cant argue with the Sheff Wed tactics, as they're bloody clever in ensuring we have zero momentum with these tactical fouls - When was the last time we had someone in our team that took that approach?
  • edited February 2023
    Curbs has got it right the ref is useless, and he has not kept on top of them, and their foul if you can't get the ball play, usual scummy Wednesday tactics
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!