Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2023
    cafctom said:
    Is there a club Millwall don’t make out to have some sort of tenuous ‘rivalry’ with? 

It feels like every one they play, somebody will bring up the ‘history’ they have.

Not doubting that certain incidents didn’t happen, especially in the past, but rivalries being cited with the likes of Everton and Portsmouth just sound like it’s all playing into the ‘no one likes us’ image. When in reality, I don’t know a single Everton fan who cares one bit about Millwall.
    The Millwall /Everton comes from 1973 when Millwall fans went into the home Gwladys street end during an FA cup tie. About a dozen Millwall fans were stabbed and slashed with Stanley blades. They have been exacting revenge ever since. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Is there a club Millwall don’t make out to have some sort of tenuous ‘rivalry’ with? 

It feels like every one they play, somebody will bring up the ‘history’ they have.

Not doubting that certain incidents didn’t happen, especially in the past, but rivalries being cited with the likes of Everton and Portsmouth just sound like it’s all playing into the ‘no one likes us’ image. When in reality, I don’t know a single Everton fan who cares one bit about Millwall.
    The Millwall /Everton comes from 1973 when Millwall fans went into the home Gwladys street end during an FA cup tie. About a dozen Millwall fans were stabbed and slashed with Stanley blades. They have been exacting revenge ever since. 
    Fair enough. Happy to stand corrected on this one. It’s well before my time.
  • Options
    I did wonder why that kicked off as it did in that cup match at the den a few years back.  Makes sense a bit more now.  
  • Options
    All a bit silly these days really. Bit like the rude boy roadmen stabbing each other over post codes/ social media beef.

What did you do grandad? I fought the nazis to defeat abhorrent fascism and global expansionism/ genocide.

What about you dad? I stabbed someone / gave 'em a good kicking because they followed a different football team.

Mental.
    Sad ain't it but there is soppy fuckers who live their life in it.get laid ffs. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I did wonder why that kicked off as it did in that cup match at the den a few years back.  Makes sense a bit more now.  
    There was a lot of trouble when we played them in the top flight in the late 80’s as well and again when we played them in the league cup in the 90’s. If they came down this season it would be one of the few games I would be wary of taking my kids to. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    There was a lot of trouble when we played them in the top flight in the late 80’s as well and again when we played them in the league cup in the 90’s. If they came down this season it would be one of the few games I would be wary of taking my kids to. 
    Mad how these things perpetuate.  I imagine the cup match was the first time you’d met since then so not surprising it kicked off the way it did 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    RaplhMilne said:I
    cafctom said:

Just read ‘on this very thread’ the police put them in that end …. Hmmm 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Just read ‘on this very thread’ the police out them in that end …. Hmmm 
    Yea they was on the last train to arrive of Millwall support I recon they thought they was being smart but just being totally c#nts like they was back then to football fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

It was the days before segregation, but you had areas that acted as away areas for away fans. Away from the rowdy areas usually. I don’t know what would’ve been classed as the away section at Everton’s ground in the early 70’s but im pretty sure it wouldn’t have been the Gwladys street end, which is where they ended up. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It was the days before segregation, but you had areas that acted as away areas for away fans. Away from the rowdy areas usually. I don’t know what would’ve been classed as the away section at Everton’s ground in the early 70’s but im pretty sure it wouldn’t have been the Gwladys street end, which is where they ended up. 
    Ok, fair enough. Don’t remember days before segregation! Although I recall on my earliest visits to the Valley you could walk around the whole ground except the west stand seats (presumably because it was more expensive) including the Jimmy Seed away end. 
  • Options
    Scum attracts scum
  • Options
    1-0 up against Norwich, Bradshaw again, he is on fire at the moment.
  • Options
    1-1 now.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    No one likes him
    No one likes him
    No one likes him
    He don't care 

He's Gianni 
    Super Gianni 
    He's Gianni 
    At The Den
  • Options
    Bradshaw scores again  :):):)
  • Options
    3-1 to Norwich now.
  • Options
    If you know your history,it will tell you once in a life time. 
    Millwall have had that moment and no way is top flight football returning to that club in the near future.
    Said this on February 22nd.
    No sweat👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love Norwich 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    cafctom said:

I bet the Everton fan who got slashed is not fond of them we have had our run in with some clubs but nothing like what Millwall have
    They was a target by every firm going 
    I don't know how it stands these days but there is definitely some clubs like West Ham Leeds Cardiff that will always want to take it to them
    Yes, I don’t think there’s a club of our size who would generate as much an interest from the bigger clubs than us. Everton certainly came down looking for trouble that day (and got it) and when we played Spurs in the cup a few years ago the fixture certainly generated a lot of interest amongst their fan base. Leeds really don’t like us and I think we was voted their third biggest rival in one of those fan polls a few years ago. A lot of the newbie west ham fans will say spurs are their main rivals now but if we play them next season you’ll see how much we still mean to a large chunk of their support. 

I know these rivalries have been generated over the years for all the wrong reasons, but still, it’s nice to be noticed. 😉
    We noticed you today.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I was out drinking in the city yesterday saw plenty of Norwich fans there even though trains were terminating at Witham yesterday....must of been Millwall's biggest crowd yesterday this season, 18,785.
  • Options
    Told you about Coventry just under Millwall now get your money on them to go up before the odds drop hopefully it will help towards my ST for next season 
  • Options
    I think after their last few games, we can reduce the risk alert levels down from red to amber - another few weeks and i'm pretty sure we can drop them back into green as their usual end of season blow out kicks in fully 
  • Options
    For a charlton living its worst life.  This was a successful weekend.

Palace are not out of it just yet.  Millwall lost to a promotion rival and every single teammate round them won, bliss.  This was a nice pick me up for about two hours. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I think after their last few games, we can reduce the risk alert levels down from red to amber - another few weeks and i'm pretty sure we can drop them back into green as their usual end of season blow out kicks in fully 
     We’ve just  had a great little run. We played the top two in succession, and got a convincing win and a draw respectively, then an away win at Stoke, and a draw away to Luton, who are no mugs. Ok Saturday wasn’t a great result but we more than matched them and should’ve at least got a draw against one of the big hitters. If you had offered me all that prior to that run of games, and told me we’d still be just one point outside the play offs, I’d have bit your hand off. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
     We’ve just  had a great little run. We played the top two in succession, and got a convincing win and a draw respectively, then an away win at Stoke, and a draw away to Luton, who are no mugs. Ok Saturday wasn’t a great result but we more than matched them and should’ve at least got a draw against one of the big hitters. If you had offered me all that prior to that run of games, and told me we’d still be just one point outside the play offs, I’d have bit your hand off. 
    You came up short Saturday and against Luton -  I was worried when u beat Sheffield u but I think fatigue and your smaller squad will do for you - the signs are there and I’m satisfied to reduce u down to amber - will be green in a fortnight 
  • Options
    Whilst our misery goes on, we are only one sensible owner away from rejuvenation and a re establishment of the natural order - if millwall get promoted to the premier league with all the money that goes with ot, it’s a game changer in this area and that can’t be allowed to happen - I think the FIFA bloke was there to see what he could instigate to ensure it doesn’t happen but shouldn’t be necessary as the tail off has started 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!