Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

Comments

• edited May 2023
    You can imagine the flat caps doing lines at HT.
  • Off_it said:
    Lol, what a lacklustre rendition.

You can only assume they've just realised how difficult it will be for the to make it back to the station in one piece now.
    To be fair, because of Sunderland win Blackburn's great win hasn't given them a playoff position either.

The real celebrations will be elsewhere!
  • I'm sure that it's only because we, as a fanbase, have become so depressed as a result of all that has gone on in the last decade at our great club that all rational thoughts left the room a long time ago.

Millwall finished 8th. They needed to finish two places higher just to make the Play Offs. Then beat Luton over two legs. Then win the final. That is the actual reality. They were never good enough to do that although I'm sure some of their lot had delusions that they were. 
  • As my 8 year old would say

LOL

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• MrOneLung said:
    Glad they didn’t make it but commiserations to @Big_Bad_World and @MillwallFan as they seem like nice fellas 
    Yeah unlucky lads HAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Probably only fair that they both get a promote. 😂😂
  • In the build up to the 4th, I shouted, too hard at the screen as I thought it was a terrible ball. Oopppss
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Who said lightening never strikes twice! Blackburn beat us 4-3 at the Valley to prevent us going back to the old 1st Division at the first attempt in 1958 and now they’ve put a spanner in the works just up the road with the same score 😁. And yes I was there 😉.
    I remember it well very sad day for me. Part of growing up. 
    That little sod Brian Douglas did the damage. 
    Really enjoyed today but know how they feel. 
  • Just stuck £10 on Millwall to win, so it might just work.
    It worked!
    It's just like spending money.

Well spent.
  • Money well spent!
  • Millwall grunters booed their players off the pitch, lovely set of fans.
  • I'm sure that it's only because we, as a fanbase, have become so depressed as a result of all that has gone on in the last decade at our great club that all rational thoughts left the room a long time ago.

Millwall finished 8th. They needed to finish two places higher just to make the Play Offs. Then beat Luton over two legs. Then win the final. That is the actual reality. They were never good enough to do that although I'm sure some of their lot had delusions that they were. 
    Luton fan I know said they've had 6 play off campaigns and lost them all. In 14 games they won 3 games, all against Wrexham. Just the sort of record that would have helped got Millwall through... had they hung on to win today.
  • Was it the 57/58 season when Charlton only needed a draw in their last match to get promoted to Div One and lost 4-3 at home to Blackburn who went up in their place?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    Was it the 57/58 season when Charlton only needed a draw in their last match to get promoted to Div One and lost 4-3 at home to Blackburn who went up in their place?
    I think it was Blackburn and West Ham, yes we only needed a draw IIRC
  • Scoham said:
    I'm sure that it's only because we, as a fanbase, have become so depressed as a result of all that has gone on in the last decade at our great club that all rational thoughts left the room a long time ago.

Luton fan I know said they've had 6 play off campaigns and lost them all. In 14 games they won 3 games, all against Wrexham. Just the sort of record that would have helped got Millwall through... had they hung on to win today.
    But they didn't hang on to win. They didn't even hang on to draw and that wouldn't have been enough anyway. And there is absolutely no guarantee that the Luton fan's fears would have realised either. That is the reality. 
  • Best result of the season. 
  • There is a God. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!