Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foxy’s Takeover Catch-Up Thread

Comments

• Foxycafc said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Foxycafc said:
    Chizz said:
    12:06 - Charlton Life 
    Do we really need 6 posts quoting posters on another forum?

hilarious
    Do you mind? It's comments like this that clog up the thread.
    Classic Charlton Life banter; makes me want to put my head through a wall
    Cheer up mate 
  • Foxycafc said:
    Do you want the catch-up or not? It's much easier for me to stop now. I was only trying to be helpful. Seems like some people can't contain their hilarious outbursts and need everyone to know exactly what they're thinking at all times. That's what the main thread is for.
    It's a good idea for a thread like this but no point getting annoyed at posters for posting on a thread on a forum 
  • Fumbluff said:
    Foxycafc said:
    Do you want the catch-up or not? It's much easier for me to stop now. I was only trying to be helpful. Seems like some people can't contain their hilarious outbursts and need everyone to know exactly what they're thinking at all times. That's what the main thread is for.
    I’m thinking about the chances that a young boy will be born that can swim faster than a shark
    Well unless the shark is a brilliant cyclist you'd have to say that's the triathlon in the bag.
  • Foxycafc said:
    And tbf you did ask people what they thought of your profile picture, not entirely on topic either? Either way keep posting mate it's useful to have it all in one place anyway 

• Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s still sniffing about.
  • Sponsored links:

• 13:08 - @SheikhYurKory - Charlton Life:

"(Peter Storrie) Was working for Anglo-French Businessman in December 2021 as per this article. https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-surprise-position-peter-storrie-now-holds-after-pompey-exit-3507531"

The article sources an interview with Peter Storrie on "Callum's Football Broadcast"

I advise you to read the article, but the general facts are detailed here:

• Storrie advises and does consultancy for an Anglo-French businessman 
    • The businessman is Joseph Oughourlian
    • Oughourlian owns Millonarios and RC Lens
  • Thanks for the updates. And boiled piss. 
  • Foxycafc said:
    12:56 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

"Sounds as if Peter Storrie coming in as new #cafc CEO. The plot thickens.

Hearing that from sources at the club."
    14:32 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

"Peter Storrie has been working as an advisor for Joseph Oughourlian. Not had time to check if still the case, but JO's company did or does own RC Lens. He was also reported to have a 20 per cent stake in Calcio Padova. Also reports that he has invested in Real Zaragoza.
  • 14:46 - Matt Slater - The Athletic:

"Thomas Sandgaard is in talks with the US businessman Marc Spiegel over a potential sale, which could result in legal action being taken against the Dane by a rival group he had already agreed a deal with. (Methven and Co)"

"
    Sandgaard, a US-based Danish businessman, had been set to sell 90 per cent of the League One club to a consortium led by former Sunderland director Charlie Methven for £8.5million."

"
    But Sandgaard is now in talks with Spiegel, the co-founder of an Atlanta-based recycling business (Rubicon), who is willing to pay a higher price for the club."

"A Spiegel-takeover would see the former West Ham United and Portsmouth chief Peter Storrie brought into the club as CEO (as per Rich Cawley), with the former agent Jon Smith set to join in a technical director role."

"Spiegel would likely serve as the club’s CFO."

The article then quotes Methven's statement and Sandgaard's interview with the SLP 

It finishes, "
    Charlton Athletic have been contacted for comment."
  • RobRob
    edited February 2023
    I like this thread. I would avoid posting what is said on ‘the other forum’ because it is conjecture, like most of the posts on here. They know no more than the posters here so it’s likely to clog this thread up. 
  • Foxycafc said:
    16:33 - Anonymous source - Sent to me privately and directly

[WARNING: I would take this piece of information with a pinch of salt, as any other rumour. Just because I post this information, does not mean it is true. I will discuss its credibility at the end]

Date: 13 February 2023 at 13:43:06 CET
    To: Charlton Athletic All Staff <allstaff@cafc.co.uk>
    Subject: Peter Storrie - new CEO.

CAUTION: Please note that this email has come from an external source.

All,
    I am delighted to confirm the appointment of Peter Storrie as the club’s Chief Executive Officer.
    Storrie boasts a wealth of experience in football having held senior positions at a variety of clubs including in the Premier League, with West Ham United and Portsmouth, and abroad, including in Italy, Columbia (sic) and Australia.

Peter has been working in football for many years and has a lot of valuable experience. He’ll provide senior leadership at The Valley and will manage the running of the business. It is important to me to have someone as experienced as Peter fill this role as we are positioning ourselves for potential new investments and setting the club up for future success in the medium to long term. Peter is hired as a consultant and will be on-site and available most of the time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Thomas Sandgaard

END OF EMAIL

As for this info's credibility
    • Colombia is spelt as "Columbia"
    • Sandgaard's email is not given, it just says "Thomas Sandgaard" (The source has clarified that he deleted the email address)
    • The source has not replied to my questions of how they acquired the email and whether they have provided the email to anybody else (Edit: The source has clarified he has sent the email to some others, but since it is an all staff email, it will be in many, many peoples hands)
    • It could well be that the source has completely made this up and wants me to look gullible and in-credible (in the sense of not credible), hence my warning above (Edit: This may seem harsh, but it has happened before to me).
    That's a common American spelling. It's how the university and clothing brand are spelled. 
  • ~16:30 - Marc Spiegel - Twitter:

Marc Spiegel deletes these two tweets:

1. 6th February - "Made a move today that could turn out to be momentous. Cross your fingers."

2. 22:48, 7th February - "⚽🫢"

A possible reason for this, being that it is potential evidence that Sandgaard contacted buyers in the period of exclusivity. If this is true, they could receive a penalty.
  • Come on Foxy, get yer arse in gear, you're slacking;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob said:
    I like this thread. I would avoid posting what is said on ‘the other forum’ because it is conjecture, like most of the posts on here. They know no more than the posters here so it’s likely to clog this thread up. 
    Dunno, saves me going over there. The master that cannot be disagreed with seems to say a lot without saying much at all. 
  • May I suggest also making this members only?
  • edited February 2023
    SDAddick said:
    Foxycafc said:

[WARNING: I would take this piece of information with a pinch of salt, as any other rumour. Just because I post this information, does not mean it is true. I will discuss its credibility at the end]

All,
    I am delighted to confirm the appointment of Peter Storrie as the club’s Chief Executive Officer.
    Storrie boasts a wealth of experience in football having held senior positions at a variety of clubs including in the Premier League, with West Ham United and Portsmouth, and abroad, including in Italy, Columbia (sic) and Australia.

Peter has been working in football for many years and has a lot of valuable experience. He’ll provide senior leadership at The Valley and will manage the running of the business. It is important to me to have someone as experienced as Peter fill this role as we are positioning ourselves for potential new investments and setting the club up for future success in the medium to long term. Peter is hired as a consultant and will be on-site and available most of the time.

Best regards,

Thomas Sandgaard

END OF EMAIL

• Sandgaard's email is not given, it just says "Thomas Sandgaard" (The source has clarified that he deleted the email address)
    • The source has not replied to my questions of how they acquired the email and whether they have provided the email to anybody else (Edit: The source has clarified he has sent the email to some others, but since it is an all staff email, it will be in many, many peoples hands)
    • It could well be that the source has completely made this up and wants me to look gullible and in-credible (in the sense of not credible), hence my warning above (Edit: This may seem harsh, but it has happened before to me).
    That's a common American spelling. It's how the university and clothing brand are spelled. 
    Sorry to derail the thread but it is in fact Colombia for the South American country and Columbia for almost everything else: the Canadian state, the USA river, the district where the USA capital is, the University in NY, the clothing brand, and indeed the 1773 USA ship from which these 'u' spelled names originated.
  • SDAddick said:
    Foxycafc said:

All,

Best regards,

Thomas Sandgaard

END OF EMAIL

Sorry to derail the thread but it is in fact Colombia for the South American country and Columbia for almost everything else: the Canadian state, the USA river, the district where the USA capital is, the University in NY, the clothing brand, and indeed the 1773 USA ship from which these 'u' spelled names originated.
    Christopher Columbus would like a word with you.
  • colthe3rd said:
    SDAddick said:
    Foxycafc said:

All,

Best regards,

Thomas Sandgaard

END OF EMAIL

Do you mean Cristoforo Colombo?
  • rananegra said:
    colthe3rd said:
    SDAddick said:
    Foxycafc said:

All,

Best regards,

Thomas Sandgaard

END OF EMAIL

Do you mean Cristoforo Colombo?
    How tall is he ?
  • This thread went well then.  Shall we just call it RIP and close it. That way those of us who want to read meaningful updates about the state of our club off the pitch only have wade to through guff on one takeover thread rather than two.