Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Foxy’s Takeover Catch-Up Thread

Comments

• 10:15 - @Swisdom - Charlton Life:

"Charlie Methven has said this evening that “all will become clear tomorrow”

and also that “ Bremer and Friedman are still interested, on agreed terms”

so maybe we’ll find out a bit more info very soon"
  • Chizz said:

Tiberius, under order of Emperor Augustus, quells revolts in Germania.

• Foxycafc said:
    Right then, I reckon I''ve built up enough reputability to warrant a profile picture, any ideas? I use this one on youtube
    As wildlife goes in Lewisham, foxes are quite impressive.

My Yorkshire Terrier hates them but I overruled her and use an infrared imagine of one in my garden for my profile picture.
  • edited February 2023
    Monday 13th February
  • ~08:00 - reamsofverse - Into The Valley: "Standby for some news today"
  • ~08:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley:

"The news is not good news.

Charlton are likely to become involved in a long and messy legal case in the coming months between Sandgaard and the Methven Group. This will impact greatly on the day to day running of the club , including any new appointments ,Sandgaard needs to think again or he could plunge the Club into turmoil."
  • Foxycafc said:
    ~08:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley:

Charlton are likely to become involved in a long and messy legal case in the coming months between Sandgaard and the Methven Group. This will impact greatly on the day to day running of the club , including any new appointments ,Sandgaard needs to think again or he could plunge the Club into turmoil."
    ~10:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley: "This has got nothing to do with the current takeover. This is to do with Methven's Takeover. Methven will be issuing a statement today when things will look clearer."
  • ~11:00 - reamsofverse - Into The Valley: "I posted last week that there has been a serious breach of the exclusivity period and that TS had lied. I updated it on here last night and following the news I had been given and stated that the news that will break today will not be what anyone wants as it's going to end in the law courts putting any other takeover on hold. It could be months not weeks. You can all blame TS and his lies for this."
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2023
    Foxycafc said:
    Foxycafc said:
    ~08:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley:

~10:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley: "This has got nothing to do with the current takeover. This is to do with Methven's Takeover. Methven will be issuing a statement today when things will look clearer."
    ~11:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley: "Yes it will (stop a new takeover). Unless an out of court settlement is agreed that the American group behind CM takeover immediately as agreed. Hopefully it will means that TS accepts his 10% or leaves altogether."
  • Foxycafc said:
    ~16:00 - dickplumb - Into The Valley: "My excellent contact has told me the following. It is just a rumour so take it as such, but it has come from a good place. Takeover next week - Sandgaard’s right hand man Kyle Henderson told staff including the players this morning. It is not Methven."
    ~11:00 - reamsofverse - Into The Valley: "They were told to expect TS to leave within a month. I have no knowledge to support this but I am hoping that the breach is deemed so serious TS knows he's done and the American deal brokered by CM will be pushed through within the next four weeks to prevent legal action."
  • Do we really need 6 posts quoting posters on another forum?
  • Well Peter Storrie has been our new CEO for 28 minutes yet Foxy has reported nothing on it.

😂
  • Well Peter Storrie has been our new CEO for 28 minutes yet Foxy has reported nothing on it.

😂
    Waiting for confirmation from "The dark side"... ;)
  • 12:56 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

"Sounds as if Peter Storrie coming in as new #cafc CEO. The plot thickens.

Hearing that from sources at the club."
  • Sponsored links:

• Foxycafc said:
    12:56 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

13:04 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

"It also seems like there could be some kind of legal challenge coming from Charlie Methven's group about Thomas Sandgaard ending their takeover talks.

Just another quiet day of covering #cafc."
  • Foxycafc said:
    Foxycafc said:
    12:56 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

13:04 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

"It also seems like there could be some kind of legal challenge coming from Charlie Methven's group about Thomas Sandgaard ending their takeover talks.

Just another quiet day of covering #cafc."
    13:07 - Richard Cawley - Twitter:

"Here is the statement: “Our group refutes Thomas Sandgaard’s claim last Friday February 10 that we are in breach of the signed agreement to buy Clear Ocean Capital, the holding company of Charlton Athletic."

“We were expecting to complete the deal last Thursday February 9: a substantial deposit had been paid, the agreed purchase price had not changed, the money required was in the relevant bank accounts and Owners and Directors Test applications had been lodged with the EFL.

"Our clear legal advice is that we are still in exclusivity to complete the purchase and we still expect to do so imminently, as stipulated by the agreement of December 20 signed by Mr Sandgaard.

“We note Mr Sandgaard’s statement that he has been conducting discussions with other potential investors and had been working on “a Plan B”. Such actions were, and are, in contravention of the exclusivity agreement, and any third party participating in such discussions would be

"committing tortious interference, for which the penalties are significant.

“We note also Mr Sandgaard’s removal of the entire senior management of Charlton Athletic, also in contravention of the December 20 agreement."This, together with attempting to renege on the deal, has introduced unwelcome uncertainty and instability to the club and its’ fans, after a brief period when a competent management team had started to plan constructively for the club’s future.

“We urge Mr Sandgaard to complete the signed deal he previously agreed without the necessity for legal action.”"
  • Season is more or less dead, so this will provide entertainment. Seriously though, it is tiresome supporting this club.

TS is a total clown and clearly CM is an nasty piece of work.

As for Storrie, who has brought him in?

Did I miss it?
  • Can we make this Foxy posts only on here?
    Wouldn't mind it. Any bickering can be left to my inbox
  • Chizz said:
    12:06 - Charlton Life 
    Do we really need 6 posts quoting posters on another forum?

hilarious
  • Foxycafc said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Foxycafc said:
    Chizz said:
    12:06 - Charlton Life 
    Do we really need 6 posts quoting posters on another forum?

hilarious
    Do you mind? It's comments like this that clog up the thread.
    Classic Charlton Life banter; makes me want to put my head through a wall
    Welcome to the club!!