Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FOREST GREEN AWAY TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Comments

• Options
    According to the timetable below, the last 63 bus from Forest Green to Stroud [on match days only] departs 10 minutes after the final whistle.

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West/2022/63_040922.pdf
  • Options
    Hoping to ask a favour from someone who’s going to Forest Green. My Dad didn’t manage to book a car parking space and very unlikely  to manage the walk back down the hill after the game. 

Would anyone be willing to allow him a space in the car after the match please. Heading back to Nailsworth or Stroud (Will find out exact location).Will happily sort a couple beers at Derby/ any home match as a thank you for helping out.
    I phoned FGR earlier this week re the parking situation. They say there is some limited street parking near the ground, but this gets taken up very early. I’m gonna try for this, but of course I have no idea whether I’ll succeed, or whether I too will have to walk down to Nailsworth. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    According to the timetable below, the last 63 bus from Forest Green to Stroud [on match days only] departs 10 minutes after the final whistle.

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/West/2022/63_040922.pdf
    Looks like the FGR FC website has out of date information about the buses, which is were my post was copied from. 
    Not sure how beneficial the last bus will be if it is a solitary single decker already half full, it will only benefit a handful of the fans that will need it. 
  • Options
    How long is the walk from the ground to Nailsworth?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    How long is the walk from the ground to Nailsworth?
    About 20 mins (downhill)
  • Options
    sholland said:
    clive said:

Looks like the FGR FC website has out of date information about the buses, which is were my post was copied from. 
    Not sure how beneficial the last bus will be if it is a solitary single decker already half full, it will only benefit a handful of the fans that will need it. 
    The bus starts from just outside the ground. 

I need to be on it, as I'm staying in Stroud!
  • Options
    Been looking forward to this fixture for ages ! 
    Easy drive from London down M4 > J15 > A419 >>>>
    Have lots of friends in Stroud so will be overnighting with one of them 
    Were getting 63 bus from Stroud and lift back with friends who will be in the FGR end. There is parking in Nailsworth just a walk away from FGR so get there early !

Good pubs in Stroud.....

The Albert
    Rodborough Hill, Stroud GL5 3SS

Woolpack 
    Slad Rd, Slad, Stroud GL6 7QA
    *Laurie Lee's pub 

Stroud Brewery & Taproom
    London Rd, Brimscombe, Stroud GL5 2BY
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can pay on the day, I was going to buy tickets prior to the match today but stayed in the pub and would have missed kick off. 

• Options
    you lot must be fucking mad
  • Options
    Anyone know which pub to head to in Nailsworth? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to anyone brave enough to walk up the hill to the ground, you might need the paramedics once you get to the top!
  • Options

14/02/23 Forest Green Rovers v Charlton Allocation 1,224 | Sold 807

• Options
    clive said:

14/02/23 Forest Green Rovers v Charlton Allocation 1,224 | Sold 807

Who said romance is dead? 807 Charlton fans  ;)
  • Options
    Anyone else staying at the Old Fleece?
  • Options
    I'm staying in Lower Slaughter- it kind of says it all really.
  • Options
    Good luck to anyone brave enough to walk up the hill to the ground, you might need the paramedics once you get to the top!
    Seriously, how bad is the hill? Are we talking Alexandra Palace levels here?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    cafctom said:
    It is pretty steep, people park on the (curb) but spaces are limited, would suggest getting their early.

If you have serious mobility issues personally I wouldn’t park at the bottom and walk up.

Think the hill in Lincoln and times it by 10 or 20.

If you like a challenge and want to wear the kids out, then go for it, at least you can say you’ve done it, the director parks their helicopter in the field at the top of the hill, so if you can find them, you can always get a lift back down.
  • Options
    We’ll be in ‘the Village’ pub from 5pm in Nailsworth next to Walkers fish & chip shop! Red Army! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    It is pretty steep, people park on the (curb) but spaces are limited, would suggest getting their early.

If you have serious mobility issues personally I wouldn’t park at the bottom and walk up.

Think the hill in Lincoln and times it by 10 or 20.

If you like a challenge and want to wear the kids out, then go for it, at least you can say you’ve done it, the director parks their helicopter in the field at the top of the hill, so if you can find them, you can always get a lift back down.
    I thought they were owned by eco warriors? Or is it a pedal powered helicopter!

Looking at Google streetview, it's a very long climb up the hill, rather than being a horrendously vertical one. I'm staying in Stroud anyway, so will be taking the bus all the way!
  • Options
    Great following for a Tuesday night! Our average away following must be around the 1000 mark.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this, virtually a home game for me. Going with my lad and 2 other non Charlton supporting mates. Also treating my lovely Geordie supporting partner to a ticket, she must really have to pinch herself sometimes, what a lucky lady she is! There are some lovely pubs around Nailsworth and the Stroud Valley, anyone visiting for the day might want to try Painswick or Laurie Lee's pub in Sheepscombe. Parking around the ground isn't easy and getting away after the game can be a nightmare, we are parking in Nailsworth and walking up the hill. Not expecting a great game, but hopefully will sneak a win somehow!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Can't make it tonight hope we have a good turnout to watch us get back to winning ways 
    Come On You Reds  B)
  • Options
    You can always rely on Charlton to give you the hump on Valentine’s day!
  • Options
    Absolute must win tonight for us. Got 4 really difficult games coming up after this. Need to keep getting points on the board to avoid that gap between us and bottom 4 getting smaller.
  • Options
    Wolverhampton wanderers 5th rd fa Cup and Five years later Ipswich Town 5th rd cup
    both Valentine’s Day.

went to both.
  • Options
    Glosfan said:
    Looking forward to this, virtually a home game for me. Going with my lad and 2 other non Charlton supporting mates. Also treating my lovely Geordie supporting partner to a ticket, she must really have to pinch herself sometimes, what a lucky lady she is! There are some lovely pubs around Nailsworth and the Stroud Valley, anyone visiting for the day might want to try Painswick or Laurie Lee's pub in Sheepscombe. Parking around the ground isn't easy and getting away after the game can be a nightmare, we are parking in Nailsworth and walking up the hill. Not expecting a great game, but hopefully will sneak a win somehow!
    My nearest match as well (until Swindon get promoted / we get relegated)
  • Options
    About the only hump I'll get tonight.
  • Options
    Maynard Brewer's girlfriend said to him earlier...You're a keeper  <3<3